• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it's the W's and L's that matter, if the Dawgs had tied it, then won it in overtime do you think we would be bitching up and the river about the stats? ( well I'm sure we would ) but deep down we would have gotten the W
The question is where is this program at compared to the rest of the top 10, not how close were they to pulling off a crazy backdoor win IMO.

If we are looking at where we are and where we are headed then how they looked on both sides of the ball all day very much goes toward that answer more than that final score.

Petersen gets more out of 3* and low 4* kids than most coaches do. But Oregon found out what it looks like when you reach the big physical teams and UW so far has as well.

UW could make a strike at the playoffs again in the next few years, but IMO to be a real player at that level they must improve their recruiting. This year was better than last, but they still aren't close to where they need to be to build the kind of depth to stand up and play at that level.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year over.

Coleman and Pettis gone. Vea as well. O line will see new blood next year.

Lots of changes coming and boy will they need to be comfortable with them fast as the opener against Auburn will test them right out of the gate.

On the bright side, we do get some nice additions/guys back from injury. Hunter Bryant, Trey Adams and Chico McClatcher will all be back next year.

WR Marquis Spiker is considered the second best recruit that Petersen has landed during his tenure here, and he's just one of many impressive recruits that UW is bringing in.

Greg Gaines staying for another year is huge. I also really hope that Myles Gaskin decides to stay another year.

With Azeem Victor out of the picture and Bierria graduating, I expect we could see some of Brandon Kaho right away. Some consider him really underrated and he looks like he has the physical ability to contribute right away.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit! That was not what I expected!

Defense failed, I can't believe I'm typing this but I never in my worst nightmares would think this defense would cost them a game like this. I'm so frustrated with the defensive calls, yeah I understand you focus on Barkley, but for the love of god the zone coverage in the passing game, then the middle of the field is like a damn "here throw here zone" Coach K they had NFL TE and Wide outs they are use to catching stuff in the middle of the field....

One of the biggest issues was the lack of pressure. McSorely had all day to throw.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much of all of this growing chatter on Eason is just wishful, hopeful thinking by pro UW groups, and how much of it is actually coming from people around him.

And yes, he would have to sit out a year and have two years of eligibility left.

Tough thing for him is he's gonna face some serious competition for playing time. If he wants to transfer to get a starting job, I'm not sure UW is the best place for him to go. Obviously we don't know how/if Yankoff/Sirmon will turn out, but they're both very highly rated - just as Eason was. He's better off going to a school with a gap at QB.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything I learned yesterday, I really hope these two incoming OG are ready to compete now, I'm tired of watching Nick Harris getting his ass handed to him on every play. Shelton is being asked to double team with Harris ( if he has no gap head up) and that takes away from blind side blitz or picking up missed assignments.

Henry Bainivalu was pretty highly regarded as a recruit. He was an OT but there's a possibility they might slide him inside.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest issues was the lack of pressure. McSorely had all day to throw.

The Husky pass D was a train wreck yesterday and they were converting on 3rd downs at will against us. That’s what absolutely killed us was the 3rd down conversions. Horrible performance by our D yesterday.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Husky pass D was a train wreck yesterday and they were converting on 3rd downs at will against us. That’s what absolutely killed us was the 3rd down conversions. Horrible performance by our D yesterday.

I think the pass D really struggled because Sorley had all year to throw, especially on 3rd down.

Definitely by far the worst performance we've witnessed from this defense in the last two years.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching UCLA game? Gotta play with heads last 5 minutes....

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turnovers "sigh"

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beautiful block.....

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crap falling apart

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way too many threes....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports media was really tearing into the Huskies today. Seems a lot of them thought we were gonna pull this off, especially our run D vs PSU.
Said it was one of the shockers of the bowl season. They were eloquently saying we crapped the mattress. It looked like the ASU game all over again.

And that just made me feel soo awesome this afternoon still trying to take stock of what happened.

Rick Neuhisel has been broadcasting some show for sirius radio all day covering the Rose bowl. All of those he was talking to said they were shocked at how bad we did.

:poke:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything I learned yesterday, I really hope these two incoming OG are ready to compete now, I'm tired of watching Nick Harris getting his ass handed to him on every play. Shelton is being asked to double team with Harris ( if he has no gap head up) and that takes away from blind side blitz or picking up missed assignments.
This! I've been saying since the Peach Bowl, up front is the main area that needs to improve to take it to the next level of playing with the teams you'll see in the new years bowls. Seeing all the blame going on Browning is just getting old and turning me off of even talking about it honestly. He gets rattled, has made some bad decisions when rattled, but why is that? And why doesn't anyone want to talk about why that is? Easier just to get pissed at the quarterback I guess.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports media was really tearing into the Huskies today. Seems a lot of them thought we were gonna pull this off, especially our run D vs PSU.
Said it was one of the shockers of the bowl season. They were eloquently saying we crapped the mattress. It looked like the ASU game all over again.

And that just made me feel soo awesome this afternoon still trying to take stock of what happened.

Rick Neuhisel has been broadcasting some show for sirius radio all day covering the Rose bowl. All of those he was talking to said they were shocked at how bad we did.

:poke:
Didn't feel like the ASU game to me. Penn State was clearly the better team, and the offense still found a way to make some shit happen and stay in it. The defense couldn't stop them, especially when it really mattered. Nothing like the ASU game.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! I've been saying since the Peach Bowl, up front is the main area that needs to improve to take it to the next level of playing with the teams you'll see in the new years bowls. Seeing all the blame going on Browning is just getting old and turning me off of even talking about it honestly. He gets rattled, has made some bad decisions when rattled, but why is that? And why doesn't anyone want to talk about why that is? Easier just to get pissed at the quarterback I guess.

Yeah I think there needs to be a better approach with the oline. I went on this bitch season earlier in the year about the Oline, and of course I went and did a little research, they still need to build the depth there, Wattenburg got playing time with Adams going down, there is talent coming in and they redshirted a couple guys this year. My issue is how they gonna make this unit better going forward. Will it stay a zone blocking or will they beef up these kids and play more of straight run blocking scheme. Of course the style of runningbacks will of course dictate that course. But can you imagine Gaskin running behind and Oline built like Penn St or hell even Cal's...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think there needs to be a better approach with the oline. I went on this bitch season earlier in the year about the Oline, and of course I went and did a little research, they still need to build the depth there, Wattenburg got playing time with Adams going down, there is talent coming in and they redshirted a couple guys this year. My issue is how they gonna make this unit better going forward. Will it stay a zone blocking or will they beef up these kids and play more of straight run blocking scheme. Of course the style of runningbacks will of course dictate that course. But can you imagine Gaskin running behind and Oline built like Penn St or hell even Cal's...

Browning was under pressure quite frequently. One of my bigger issues with Browning was that he tried to be Russell Wilson, but to a certain extent I can't blame him.

I think you mentioned that you coach offensive linemen. You're lucky you're an Eagles fan, if you watched the Seahawks you'd probably rip your hair out.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning was under pressure quite frequently. One of my bigger issues with Browning was that he tried to be Russell Wilson, but to a certain extent I can't blame him.

I think you mentioned that you coach offensive linemen. You're lucky you're an Eagles fan, if you watched the Seahawks you'd probably rip your hair out.

That's on coaching staff, I mean usually on those types of plays those are double move routes are deep stuff so why not cut the route tree down and stick to the short three step throws?

Move the RB's into a better zone for dump off throws, Penn St used every damn time if nothing was open down field.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing game was way off this year from last, but the unexplained step back in pass protection and the slew of injuries to receivers was really the culprit. There is every reason to believe improvements to both would result in a similar passing threat to '16.

As for Browning's decisions in a broken pocket, that's the one area I feel Hamdan has his hands full and can show fast what kind of development he brings to the QB's in his care. Smith seemingly did nothing to develop Browning's abilities after a pocket breakdown. We've seen no improvement in that area at all from his first year through this season.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Vita Vea has officially announced that he’s entering the draft.