• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Husker Basketball Thread

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's not cool to talk about actual Nebraska sports on other threads, I thought I'd actually start this thread for anybody who actually wants to discuss the current state of Nebraska basketball. I for one actually support the ENTIRE University and each sport under that umbrella.

One of my biggest pet peeves is "Husker Fans" who root for Nebraska football in the fall then once the season is over they put away their red and break out their Creighton blue. Turncoats.

I actually get into Nebraska basketball. And last night was an ass drubbing.

My guess is I will probably be talking to myself in this thread.:violin:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers are in some serious trouble this year in B10 basketball. This is probably the deepest the league has been for the last decade. 9 viable NCAA teams out of 12. Huskers schedule is brutal as well. Could be ugly.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers are in some serious trouble this year in B10 basketball. This is probably the deepest the league has been for the last decade. 9 viable NCAA teams out of 12. Huskers schedule is brutal as well. Could be ugly.

How many conference wins do you see the Huskers getting this year realistically? Just glancing at the schedule I think it's possible to get 5 or 6 wins in the conference. Anything more than that would mean that they have to knock off somebody they aren't supposed to and for that to happen they would need to find an offense first.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first off, it should be noted that 2 of our top 3 scorers were out last night...........and one of those players (Diaz) leads the BIG in blocked shots and also is a top rebounder.

We played true freshmen in their place against a very good Wisconsin team.

So it is difficult to guage where we are at based off of last night's game. Though I do still think we would lose that game by 10 points if we had a full lineup.

I see us losing 6 or 7 of our first 8 games in conference play. I see us getting to 5 or 6 conference wins by the end of the season.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 5 or 6 is possible but also on the high end. 3-4 is more likely IMO and that depends on how they fair at home against the bottom half of the league. Dont see too many road wins in there. Even the average to below average teams in the B10 are super tough to beat at home. I personally think Iowa, Nebraska will be fighting it out for 10th place. Penn State sucks and will probably finish last. If I had to guess Id say

1. Ohio State
2. Wisconsin
3. Michigan State
4. Michigan
5. Indiana
6. Purdue
7. Illinois
8. Northwestern
9. Minnesota
10. Iowa ( just cuz the Hawks schedule is WAYY easier than the Huskers)
11. Nebraska
12. PSU

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We usually win at least one "wtf" game.......which is why I put us up to as many as 5 or 6. We're just a weird team. We have no pure talent......when we win it's all effort.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We usually win at least one "wtf" game.......which is why I put us up to as many as 5 or 6. We're just a weird team. We have no pure talent......when we win it's all effort.

Yep, sounds familiar. Iowa won 5 B10 games last year and 3 of them were over top 15 teams ( and Indiana 2X).

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 5 or 6 is possible but also on the high end. 3-4 is more likely IMO and that depends on how they fair at home against the bottom half of the league. Dont see too many road wins in there. Even the average to below average teams in the B10 are super tough to beat at home. I personally think Iowa, Nebraska will be fighting it out for 10th place. Penn State sucks and will probably finish last. If I had to guess Id say

1. Ohio State
2. Wisconsin
3. Michigan State
4. Michigan
5. Indiana
6. Purdue
7. Illinois
8. Northwestern
9. Minnesota
10. Iowa ( just cuz the Hawks schedule is WAYY easier than the Huskers)
11. Nebraska
12. PSU

I agree and feel like 5-6 wins is on the high end/at the very best. Anything more means we have to knock off somebody we're not supposed to and have to steal a few wins on the road. Frustrates me so much because I like Doc a lot as a coach and I like how his teams play defense. I'm rooting for him to succeed but I don't know how much longer he's got.

BTW didn't I see a thread of yours that predicted that this was the year Iowa turns it around in basketball? And now you're picking them to compete with Nebraska for the basement of the B1G?? LOL

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Osborne has mentioned several times that he will allow Doc 2 years to recruit and rebuild the program following the completion of the new arena in addition to the already stunning facilities.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and feel like 5-6 wins is on the high end/at the very best. Anything more means we have to knock off somebody we're not supposed to and have to steal a few wins on the road. Frustrates me so much because I like Doc a lot as a coach and I like how his teams play defense. I'm rooting for him to succeed but I don't know how much longer he's got.

BTW didn't I see a thread of yours that predicted that this was the year Iowa turns it around in basketball? And now you're picking them to compete with Nebraska for the basement of the B1G?? LOL

Yep you did and man was I wrong :) I figured a team that returned all but 1 player off last years team, a team that has a few nice freshman, a team that competed well in almost every game last year would surely make a jump to a middle of the pack B10 team but instead I got a team that looks even worse than last year. LOL. Oh well, we have won 3 in a row so maybe theyll prove me wrong in the b10 but it hasnt looked good so far.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, you're not alone.............this Nebraska team was called "the best Husker basketball team" in the past decade........at the start of the season :L

And now it looks like it will be one of the worst.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we have NU basketball tonight to help lift our spirits after yesterday......right?

:frusty:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.

If some angels drop down from the Heavens above and lift our team to an impossible victory tonight, I will seriously forget real quickly about that loss yesterday.

We should lose tonight by about 30 points though, without 2 of our top 3 scorers once again in the lineup. :pout:

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the ass kicking won't be on national t.v. this time. :puke:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State isnt as good as they were last year. Depth is a HUGE concern for them and if you can find a way to contain Sullinger ( you cant stop him but at least hold him within reason) then you have a shot at an upset if the Buckeyes dont shoot well. Iowa led OSU for most of their game at carver last year because Besabe played Sully pretty even and the rest of the Buckeyes didnt shoot that well. I think OSU probably wins by 12-14 but dont think you cant beat them because you definitely can.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF team avi is that you are sporting there JJM?

That be our adopted team, the Washington state SportsHoopla cougars. We are very excited to have mike leach lead oir team next year

Go. SportsHoopla cougars