• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hurts Extension

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Burrow extension already basically worked out, or did this just throw a wrench in the process you think?

Pretty amazing deal for what would be considered a run first QB. Is Lamar now kicking himself in the pass for not getting an agent? I mean he doesn't think so, but look where he is at right now. That fully guaranteed deal he is trying to get I don't think will happen. The Browns were so damn desperate, I am not sure any other owner will be rushing to the checkbook if that is the expectation of future QB's.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Burrow extension already basically worked out, or did this just throw a wrench in the process you think?

Pretty amazing deal for what would be considered a run first QB. Is Lamar now kicking himself in the pass for not getting an agent? I mean he doesn't think so, but look where he is at right now. That fully guaranteed deal he is trying to get I don't think will happen. The Browns were so damn desperate, I am not sure any other owner will be rushing to the checkbook if that is the expectation of future QB's.
How is Hurts a run-first QB? He threw for over 3700 yards last year..... And that was with him only playing 15 games. His overall numbers (accuracy, TDs, INTs) are all very good. Yes, he does offer a lot in the run game, but I don't think it makes him a one-trick pony.

I think his deal helps the Burrow negotiation. The dollars weren't out of whack from what came before him (every new deal is the richest deal ever) and the guarantee was under 200 million. To me, this looks more like a deal that is typical and far removed from that weird ass deal that Cleveland gave Bill Cosby.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Hurts a run-first QB? He threw for over 3700 yards last year..... And that was with him only playing 15 games. His overall numbers (accuracy, TDs, INTs) are all very good. Yes, he does offer a lot in the run game, but I don't think it makes him a one-trick pony.

I think his deal helps the Burrow negotiation. The dollars weren't out of whack from what came before him (every new deal is the richest deal ever) and the guarantee was under 200 million. To me, this looks more like a deal that is typical and far removed from that weird ass deal that Cleveland gave Bill Cosby.
That is fair. I guess I kinda tagged him with that due to the way the Philly offense was operated. That was probably an unfair assessment.

Even then, I was never referring to him as a one trick pony, only that I felt he was a Lamar Jackson type of QB, which was still unfair.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair. I guess I kinda tagged him with that due to the way the Philly offense was operated. That was probably an unfair assessment.

Even then, I was never referring to him as a one trick pony, only that I felt he was a Lamar Jackson type of QB, which was still unfair.
He's not bad for a guy that was benched for Tua.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it likely does much...maybe bumps it up some, but I think the framework is largely already in place so it shouldn't be much of a difference.

My guess is it'll be somewhere in the 275M range for 5 years, with about the same 70% guaranteed...could see more money with a lower guaranteed, or less overall money with a higher guarantee...just depends on how they want to structure it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one position that the Bengals value, it's the QB position.
We tried to get it right with Palmer, it just didn't work out as expected. the injury didn't help.
some swings and misses with Klingler, and Smith.

we all knew that Blake, Esiason 2.0, Kitna, Dalton were just temporary (although I think they thought Dalton would work out)

we finally got something here with Burrow, can't dismiss it.