• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How and when did you become a Heat fan?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1421597_o.gif

Tom Chambers doing his thang!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Heat fan although I didn't mind them prior to LeBron going there. Once I heard "i'm going to south beach" that was the very moment I turned into a heat hater. I simply have no respect for a so called superstar who has to go to someone else's team to win. I hate the Mavericks but i'd rather see them win 20 Championships in a row that watch the Heat win one.

I'm a Timberwolves fan and always will be even though they suck!

I don't have a problem with bandwagon fans as long as they admit it. There are people on here who list their three favorite teams as the Lakers, Yankees and Cowboys. That is hilarious!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i became a heat fan day one. I remember them getting the team. i remember their first season i was in middle school. i grew up in south florida.. hardcore dolphin fan. i always hated how we only had one team and other cities had more.

i remember players like Alan Ogg, alec kessler, rory sparrow (1st points in heat history), grant long, kevin edwards. i remember being proud of the heat for losing 3-0 to the bulls in the playoffs.. because they fought them hard every game. G-Money Glenn Rice was my favorite player for awhile, then it became Zo. Will always love Dwade more than Lebron.

Not everyone is on a bandwagon. I was a heat fan when they were 0-16 and heading into LA to play the clippers in 1988. The worse time to ever be a heat fan wasnt then or even in 2011.. it was when Zo had his kidney problems. We finally had put together a team.. brought in Eddie Jones. We were supposed to be contenders then. The best Heat title was 2006. And it's not even close. Seeing Zo go HAM for game 6. I was a heat fan from the moment they drafted Rony Seikaly out of Syracuse. I was celebrating when we got lebron. I will die a Heat fan.

Thank you for telling us this story, Its well appreciated, Yes I remember also when Alonzo had his surgery to get a Kidney from his brother I believe, that was a sad time. I was also sad when the Lakers traded Eddie Jones to Miami, he was a fan favorite in LA :nod:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you became a Lakers fan in 1987......a title year for them.

So how does that make you any better / different than the so-called Heat bandwagoners you troll so much and care about?

Who saying I'm any better not once did I say that, this is just a thread to get to know us a little more, nobody is trolling here & as far as me being a fan when I was growing up as a child, I believe I have paid more then my dues to be a Legit Laker fan by now, that's over 25 years for me, I was born & raised in LA all my life & my family have been Laker fans from generation to generation like my parents taught me.

Ive been to 6 championship parades & have been in line in all of them since the night before camping to get a good view, & I have many times also been in line for hours to get Laker autographs from Laker greats & I collect many Lakers Memorabilia, that's a true fan IMO

Next...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i became a heat fan day one. I remember them getting the team. i remember their first season i was in middle school. i grew up in south florida.. hardcore dolphin fan. i always hated how we only had one team and other cities had more.

i remember players like Alan Ogg, alec kessler, rory sparrow (1st points in heat history), grant long, kevin edwards. i remember being proud of the heat for losing 3-0 to the bulls in the playoffs.. because they fought them hard every game. G-Money Glenn Rice was my favorite player for awhile, then it became Zo. Will always love Dwade more than Lebron.

Not everyone is on a bandwagon. I was a heat fan when they were 0-16 and heading into LA to play the clippers in 1988. The worse time to ever be a heat fan wasnt then or even in 2011.. it was when Zo had his kidney problems. We finally had put together a team.. brought in Eddie Jones. We were supposed to be contenders then. The best Heat title was 2006. And it's not even close. Seeing Zo go HAM for game 6. I was a heat fan from the moment they drafted Rony Seikaly out of Syracuse. I was celebrating when we got lebron. I will die a Heat fan.

I had a feeling you weren't a bandwagon fan or even just a LeBron fan, before. Cool story, I absolutely remember a lot of those things, especially Alonzo's kidney problems. That was tough on Miami.

I know you didn't have to explain shit to me or anyone else here, but I bet you that helped stop some of the hate towards at least one true Heat fan.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually saw the Miami Floridians play in the old ABA. First cheerleaders to wear bikinis. Ya gotta love it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the true point of this thread is for folks to get to know each other, then perhaps it should be re-named "How and When did you become a fan of your team?"

For me, I became a Lakers fan in 1970 when I was 8 years old. My aunts had season tickets to Suns games and when we would go to Phoenix to visit during basketball season, they would take me to a Suns game.

The first time they took me to a game it happened to be the Lakers that the Suns were playing. The plan was that I would become a Suns fan. Instead, I became a Lakers fan. To this day, I am the only Lakers fan in the family.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the true point of this thread is for folks to get to know each other, then perhaps it should be re-named "How and When did you become a fan of your team?"

For me, I became a Lakers fan in 1970 when I was 8 years old. My aunts had season tickets to Suns games and when we would go to Phoenix to visit during basketball season, they would take me to a Suns game.

The first time they took me to a game it happened to be the Lakers that the Suns were playing. The plan was that I would become a Suns fan. Instead, I became a Lakers fan. To this day, I am the only Lakers fan in the family.

I have posted on more than one occasion that I attended the first Pacers game and saw all 3 of the ABA Championships. Been waiting a long time for one in the NBA.

Loved the old Lakers. Jerry West was a favorite. Loved the teams Wilt played on. Same thing with Magic and Jabbar. Not too enthused about the first title Shaq and Kobe got, since it was at the expense of my Pacers.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I could have done that, sure, but it's pretty much just Heat threads that you see non stop and not other teams. I don't see speculation in regards to many other fans loyalty to one team, it's primarily the Heat.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the NBA.
It is a league that purposely markets players over teams.

The NBA encourages bandwagon fans.
It does everything but bribe fans to be bandwagon.

The NBA does it unabashedly.
The NBA makes its money from the back of the jersey name NOT the front.
The Star players move the dial for the league more than any other pro sport.

Sure, there are an overabundance of HEAT "fans" now.
That is no different than the legions of Bulls "fans" in the 1990s or the Laker "fans" in the 2000s.

ripper76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That wasn't the "true point," obviously.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a Bulls fan until 1996 ( when I got into basketball, Miami didn't have a team yet). I had suffered as a Bulls fan through the late 80's as they kept losing to the Pistons, so when they started winning titles I rode that wave. Started to notice the Heat making moves in the mid 90's and was intrigued.. Being a fan of Zo, Riley, etc ever since.