• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Housebound was pretty clever. I suppose I went into it expecting a straight up horror film but it was a quality flick.
Same here... I had no idea it was comedy. What makes it so good, for me, is that its almost too hard to tell whether they are being serious or not. That's why I use the term genius. There were only a few parts where you could easily tell, but for the most part it was very clever.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was feeling generous at Walmart and bought "Jessabelle" for my daughter, we all watched it a couple of nights ago. We're always on the lookout for PG-13 horror...it was worth watching for us, pretty scary and engaging. Some of it might be a little disturbing for a young teen, and there were lots of good cleavage shots of the very pretty ginger female star that I was grateful for. Of course, my wife had to blurt out the identity of the mystery "ghost" as soon as she figured it out and ruin it for my daughter, but that's another issue.
Going to keep an eye out for "Possession" as it is PG-13 and sounds interesting...thanks for the tip.
Jessabelle was a good movie! That's the one with the girl in the wheelchair, correct? The bathtub scene creeped me out. I'll have to remember to write up a review on that one!

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Taking of Deborah Logan (2014)

Netflix! Solid stuff! Another typical "found footage" film, but this one adds more to the horror element. This isn't great by any means, but i was entertained. Creepy done right! Had a few good jumps during the movie. Material isn't original since its basic possession, but the acting was better than normal. Definitely worth the watch.

7.5/10

Watched this one on my own and really enjoyed it. Definitely not for the kids IMHO as there was some pretty disgusting stuff...I'm sure my wife would have left the room, too.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here... I had no idea it was comedy. What makes it so good, for me, is that its almost too hard to tell whether they are being serious or not. That's why I use the term genius. There were only a few parts where you could easily tell, but for the most part it was very clever.

I like Housebound! Not too scary but a good story.

After awhile I suddenly realized that I was actually watching a homage to Wes Craven's The People Under the Stairs.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Seemed like the movie could have made more of an impact with a bigger climax. Still pretty cool how the girl figured it out. But altogether the movie had a great premise and the plot progression was really cool to watch. Kept you guessing throughout!

As Above, So Below was surprisingly good. I went in with rather low expectations but enjoyed it. The storyline was pretty engrossing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Above, So Below was surprisingly good. I went in with rather low expectations but enjoyed it. The storyline was pretty engrossing.
Exactly how I felt! I was going to see it in theaters but after watching the trailer I decided it wasn't worth the $10. So I waited to watch it until it came out on video. Would have been worth it to see in theaters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the one based in 'Nawlins right? I kind of remember it but I might have been drinking during the movie lol

Yes. Horror icon Sid Haig is in it, Malcolm McDowell, and Corey Feldman are in it also.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Party at my place when the ZA hits!!!

BRING YOUR OWN WEAPONS!!!
Good thing I have a good arsenal already! I'll be fashionably late to the party though as I would need to drop by the local gun shop for tactical vests.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Horror icon Sid Haig is in it, Malcolm McDowell, and Corey Feldman are in it also.
Not recalling whether I liked it or not. Might be time for another watch!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been 2 followups to the original Human Centipede, the latest starring Eric Roberts.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been 2 followups to the original Human Centipede, the latest starring Eric Roberts.
Human Centipede didn't do it for me so I didn't bother with the other 2... Sort of like Tusk. Too disturbing and demented.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In light of the upcoming holiday...

The Bunnyman Massacre (2014)

Senseless and disturbing was all I could say after watching this. But since there aren't too many Easter-related horror movies out there... Here ya go! Its a typical slasher movie with lots of mindless gore and INCREDIBLE character stupidity. It's still entertaining if you go into it with low expectations. I got a good laugh out of some parts. Not sure if that makes me psycho on a deep seeded level. Cinematography is surprisingly amazing.

I know I'm early but... Happy Easter! Only recommending it because of the holiday so don't be mad if you don't like it! Be warned!

Enjoy! 6/10