• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Paranormal Diaries: Clophill (2013)

There goes 90mins of my life that I wish I could have back. The usual "found/leaked footage" type thriller. Fell very flat though. Pretty boring piece, and you would be smart to move on in search of something else. I was hoping for either an interesting investigation, or some nice chills from it but sadly I found neither.

The movie mostly consists of middle-aged English guys (and 1 oddly misplaced female), who all think of themselves as "not easily scared". Predictably they turn into easily scared and end up filming their own hysteria in the absence of anything at all. They spend 75% of the movie talking about shadows and orbs moving around but it NEVER shows anything. Reminds me of the tv show "Ghost Adventures" where everyone in the show thinks they are having "experiences" while the viewer is asking themselves why they are even watching this crap.

Move along! 3/10

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kardashians.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead Within (2014)

On Netflix. The budget for this one was... well... let me put it this way: If I owned a decent camera I could have made this movie in a day with a group of friends with whatever money we had in our pockets at the time. The cinematography was decent though. But the plot and overall lack of action, dropped this movie down to nothing more than an average attempt at a psychological thriller. Its sort of like a zombie flick, but you are never told what exactly the populous was contagious with other than its a virus of sorts. The entire movie is filmed inside a cabin that a married couple is hiding out in. But it only follows the girl, of whom never leaves so you are stuck in the cabin with her.

Long story short, the chick slowly slips into insanity and ends up killing her husband. But then you find out both were sick all along? Hmm

Decent suspense, but fell pretty short of expectations... 5/10

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preservation (2014)

On Netflix. Thriller. Pretty solid movie. Decent acting, well paced, good cinematography. Was it all that original? No, not really. Your run of the mill "innocents under duress" so-to-speak. Hard to complain about much, other than the few moments of complete idiocy by the victims. Overall worth the watch.

Don't expect to be blown out of the water... 6/10
I could probably watch this one. It is one of those types you can say what if I were there during the movie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could probably watch this one. It is one of those types you can say what if I were there during the movie.
That's exactly how it was for me. The entire movie I was saying things like "I would have done this instead".

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absentia (2011)

Another Netflix movie! This movie lived up to the hype. The material is very original. The idea itself can come off as slightly ridiculous but give it a chance. The budget is typical of indie horror, but the cinematography & acting were on point! Don't be fooled by the slow moving pace, because the movie has an almost-suffocating tension that elevates the climax. Found myself very creeped out after all was said and done.

Definitely recommend! 8/10

Decided to watch this tonight.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming Soon!

Sinister 2 (2015)

Release Date: August 21st, 2015

I was a big fan of the 1st one. This one looks like it will feature Bagul more extensively. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. With these kinds of horror movies, the saying "Less is more" usually has the most success. Meaning the less you see of the Bagul, the creepier it will be. Like the first one. This appears to go against the grain, so temper expectations. I'm hoping that the trailer is showing more than what the movie shows. Often times when trailers come out this early the movies are not going to have a lot of the same material.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7500 (2014)

Thriller. Had a good amount of suspense. The ending was truly shocking! I absolutely did not expect such an unoriginal resolution, but thats because the writers didn't clue you in on anything relating to it. So you're left scratching your head wondering wtf just happened. This movie was supposed to come out in 2013 but didn't. I followed the release dates as they were bumped numerous times. Never could quite figure out exactly why they did it, but I think the delay raised expectations. As in, it made the movie more interesting than it really was. So if the delay was for that reason, then mission accomplished lol. One other gripe of mine is the length. It seemed like a very short movie. Could have done a better job raising the climax of the ending if they would have extended it.

It is worth the watch, but don't get too excited. 7/10

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Let Us Prey last night. Pretty slow at the start but picks up nicely to a crazy finish. A good entery into the biblical related horror genre.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absentia (2011)

Another Netflix movie! This movie lived up to the hype. The material is very original. The idea itself can come off as slightly ridiculous but give it a chance. The budget is typical of indie horror, but the cinematography & acting were on point! Don't be fooled by the slow moving pace, because the movie has an almost-suffocating tension that elevates the climax. Found myself very creeped out after all was said and done.

Definitely recommend! 8/10

I didn't find it slow moving at all, and I really enjoyed it. Hard to believe it was Katie Parker's first movie, and the lead. Funded by Kickstarter. Very well done, and yeah, I was a little creeped out at the end. Interesting twist at explaining away disappearances.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't find it slow moving at all, and I really enjoyed it. Hard to believe it was Katie Parker's first movie, and the lead. Funded by Kickstarter. Very well done, and yeah, I was a little creeped out at the end. Interesting twist at explaining away disappearances.
Yea I loved it! That scene where the creature rips the husband out of the room & down the stairs was freaky!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Let Us Prey last night. Pretty slow at the start but picks up nicely to a crazy finish. A good entery into the biblical related horror genre.
Really enjoyed that movie! Reminded me of the fairly recent "Deliver Us From Evil". Not really scary, but pretty crazy in a thriller sense.

One question though... Police station in a ghost town. Literally... You cannot find any people in this town making you wonder what these idiots are policing lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Wyrmwood. Pretty good!

Good violent fxs. No cgi, which is a plus in this case. Has a decent sense of humor. A worthwhile entry to the genre.
Don't think I've ever heard of this one. Adding to the list! Thanks! :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine Games (2012)

Stop me if you've heard this one before... Several friends go to a remote cabin in the woods... lol. Don't knock it til you try it though! I really enjoyed this movie! A lot of people knock this movie down because of its confusing plot-line (timeline twists), but if you are able to follow it, then buckle up because its quite the mind-fuck. Great acting, near perfect plot sequence, and awesome cinematography. I'm surprised this movie didn't receive better fanfare actually, really surprised. Let the usual character stupidity flow over you, and you'll be in for an entertaining thrill ride!

Recommending this one! 8/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch the new Poltergeist trailer? I really hope this one lives up to its predecessor! Big shoes to fill!

RD... Still lookin forward to this one buddy!

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cell 213 (2014)

Surprised that I had never heard of this one before. Pretty good movie if you ask me! Good plotline, decent originality, good acting, and a solid climax. Not to mention really creepy cgi/fx. I would definitely watch this again. Not exactly scary, but a few good jump scares mixed with a great thrill ride make for solid entertainment. The main character presented some blonde-moments, but he did a good enough job. Didn't have to be great, just needed to be believable because the plot took care of itself.

Recommended! 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead (2014)

Thanks for the rec @jakedog56 ! :suds:

Pleasantly surprised by this one! The script comes off as a bit far-fetched at times, even has some misplaced direction, and some of the CGI was downright comical. However, this movie created a great atmosphere in a very overplayed genre, and even presented some of its own originality. This was some of the best work I have seen in recent zombie flicks. Someone clearly spent a lot of time on minute details which makes this film a must see for anyone who enjoys zombie culture. Wouldn't be surprised to see a cult following. I loved the subtle comedy littered throughout the movie amongst the ingenious cast. It was like the director knew this genre was beaten to death, but he wanted to make it fan & serious at the same time. He pulled it off.

Recommended! 7/10