• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big zombie fan but I decided to check Wyrmwood out on Netflix. Zombies meet Mad Max. Not a bad flick in my opinion. Definitely different from the normal Z flicks.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big zombie fan but I decided to check Wyrmwood out on Netflix. Zombies meet Mad Max. Not a bad flick in my opinion. Definitely different from the normal Z flicks.

Sorry, that was on Amazon Instant Video

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you like to READ horror novels, here are some really good writers.....

Bentley Little
Edward Lee
Richard Laymond

Remember, it's horror.....so these 3 write about some pretty grisly stuff.....they are hardcore horror writers.

Especially, Lee.....it's no holds barred with that guy. Literally.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 3 are kind of off the radar horror writers.....not like household names Stephen King and Peter Straub.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of it! Thanks for the recommendation!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was World War Z good? Never saw that but I'm going to make an effort to watch it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was World War Z good? Never saw that but I'm going to make an effort to watch it.

Really nothing like the book but yeah that was an entertaining flick. Plenty of action, doesn't really stand still for too long. Again, if you've read the book try not to compare it to the book, you'll just be let down.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The book was 100x better.

I won't go into detail but reading the book before I saw the movie kind of ruined it for me. The movie had basically nothing to do with the book except it had a z-pocalypse and the same title.

Overall, not a bad flick. Relied too much on CGI and Brad Pitt. Turn off your sense of reality (it is a zombie flick afterall I guess!) and don't question the huge human ladders the Zs make of themselves or the fact that they have senses that regular humans do not posess, etc. If you are a Z fan then it should be required watching since it is the biggest budget Z flick to date.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really nothing like the book but yeah that was an entertaining flick. Plenty of action, doesn't really stand still for too long. Again, if you've read the book try not to compare it to the book, you'll just be let down.

You just beat me to it! Basically the same opinions.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk Werwolf flicks! Another genre like Zombies that is littered with horrible moves but has some excellent classics tossed in.

My top lycanth flicks:

*Ginger Snaps series- I was pleasantly surprised to discover the Ginger Snaps movie when it came out. The sequels were a little off from the original but still pretty good.
*The Howling- Scared me when I was a kid and has not aged badly. Has a underlying bit of humor tossed in also. Too bad the rest of the series has been one bad movie after another.
*Dog Soldiers- Excellent war / werewolf flick! I didn't know anything about it going in but a recommendation from a friend. Enjoyed it completely.
*American Werewolf in London- Love this movie! Still cracks me up after all these years. Excellent fx for the time period also.

Any others you people like?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk Werwolf flicks! Another genre like Zombies that is littered with horrible moves but has some excellent classics tossed in.

My top lycanth flicks:

*Ginger Snaps series- I was pleasantly surprised to discover the Ginger Snaps movie when it came out. The sequels were a little off from the original but still pretty good.
*The Howling- Scared me when I was a kid and has not aged badly. Has a underlying bit of humor tossed in also. Too bad the rest of the series has been one bad movie after another.
*Dog Soldiers- Excellent war / werewolf flick! I didn't know anything about it going in but a recommendation from a friend. Enjoyed it completely.
*American Werewolf in London- Love this movie! Still cracks me up after all these years. Excellent fx for the time period also.

Any others you people like?
Have you seen my preview for the new movie "Spring" coming out??? Not sure if it is about werewolves but the trailer seems to imply it. I'm stoked to see it! Can't remember when it comes out, but might already be?

Ginger Snaps... never heard of it. Adding it to my list of things to watch!
The Howling... Classic! Haven't watched it in a while, but I remember liking it as a kid.
Dog Soldiers... Exciting and thoroughly well-made film that delivers the goods to both horror and action fans!
AWIL... One of the better lycanth flicks that I've seen. I agree, the fx was ahead of its time.

Recently saw the movie "Wer". Was a lot better than I expected! Definitely recommend it!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen my preview for the new movie "Spring" coming out??? Not sure if it is about werewolves but the trailer seems to imply it. I'm stoked to see it! Can't remember when it comes out, but might already be?

Ginger Snaps... never heard of it. Adding it to my list of things to watch!
The Howling... Classic! Haven't watched it in a while, but I remember liking it as a kid.
Dog Soldiers... Exciting and thoroughly well-made film that delivers the goods to both horror and action fans!
AWIL... One of the better lycanth flicks that I've seen. I agree, the fx was ahead of its time.

Recently saw the movie "Wer". Was a lot better than I expected! Definitely recommend it!

Spring is getting good ratings but I don't think it is werewolf. The reviews seem to indicate more romance than horror but it looks decent.

Have you seen Let Us Prey? I haven't yet but it is on my list. Looks like a good horror flick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring is getting good ratings but I don't think it is werewolf. The reviews seem to indicate more romance than horror but it looks decent.

Have you seen Let Us Prey? I haven't yet but it is on my list. Looks like a good horror flick.
No I haven't but it's on my list! I've been wanting to see it for some time now!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Descent was excellent. The Descent 2 was ok but not great.

Tried to watch Wyrmwood but the wife made me turn it off after 10 minutes. I will have to try again later.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Wyrmwood. Pretty good!

Good violent fxs. No cgi, which is a plus in this case. Has a decent sense of humor. A worthwhile entry to the genre.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preservation (2014)

On Netflix. Thriller. Pretty solid movie. Decent acting, well paced, good cinematography. Was it all that original? No, not really. Your run of the mill "innocents under duress" so-to-speak. Hard to complain about much, other than the few moments of complete idiocy by the victims. Overall worth the watch.

Don't expect to be blown out of the water... 6/10