• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, they can fucking move!?
Uh yea dude... Some bears can run up to 30-40 ft/s... That's twice as fast as a human. And I've been told they can outrun a racehorse for short distances. But they have little endurance.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backcountry (2015)

I know these kinds of movies have been done before, but not like this. The director of this movie boiled & chopped down the usual character plots, over-the-top gore, overplaying the 'villain', etc... And the result is a deep rooted primal fear which is the basic element of all good horror movies. This movie plays with your instincts, and leaves a lasting creepy vibe like what the movie Jaws did to your ocean swimming ventures. That is the realization that we are not atop the food chain in these environments! The special effects were gritty and believable which isn't always the case with most bear carnage movie. The movie lagged at points, but they achieved getting me to really want the living character to survive. The film captured the pure horror of being in the middle of nowhere and experiencing crisis. Are any of us really prepared when encountering a situation like this?! I don't care how much Bear Grylls you watch, you don't know how to react to these situations until you are smack dab in the middle of it. I've been lost hunting before, which isn't fun. Luckily I have been trained for such events and had the proper gear. But I have never been confronted with a territorial predator. You can say all you want about "I would have done this differently" after watching this movie, but in reality you know that if a bear came popping into your tent you would have little time to react. Yes the characters could have used the bear spray differently, but the sense of overbearing adrenaline had to play a part with it. It really makes you ask yourself, what would I have done in that situation.

Recommended! Camping anyone? 7/10

I'm going to watch this simply because that is the chic for that gymnastic movie.

I hope that bear is up the standard set by Bart the bear.

gI_0_DougAndBart4.jpg

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched It Follows last night as per the recommendation here.

A fairly bizarre little flick but well done. The overall mood was kind of a on-edge negative energy with the director's use of silence throughout the movie. Even before the "creature" came in, the characters seemed to have a bored-nervous-dangerous edge.

Cool and original story. Didn't really follow through on the creature and violence as much as I would have liked to have seen but it was certainly interesting and rather thought provoking.

Well worth watching if you are into the horror genre.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Loved Ones last night. Good Aussie addition to the high school slasher genre (not really a slasher though but I don't know how else to describe it).

Craziest family this side of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Rob Zombie flicks. These people were batshit!!

Along with You're Next, one of the better horror movies I have seen recently. Definitely recommended.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Loved Ones last night. Good Aussie addition to the high school slasher genre (not really a slasher though but I don't know how else to describe it).

Craziest family this side of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Rob Zombie flicks. These people were batshit!!

Along with You're Next, one of the better horror movies I have seen recently. Definitely recommended.
Adding to the list! Thanks for the rec! :suds:

Glad you liked "It Follows"! Definitely one of the better horror movies that I've seen in a long time.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, I used to watch all those old Hammer horror movies. The late, great Christopher Lee was my favorite horror actor...imo, the best Dracula in cinema. R.I.P.

dracula-christopher-lee.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, I used to watch all those old Hammer horror movies. The late, great Christopher Lee was my favorite horror actor...imo, the best Dracula in cinema. R.I.P.

dracula-christopher-lee.jpg
Didn't know that he passed!? Wow thats crazy! He was one of the all time greatest film villains... Loved that guy! RIP!!!

:rip:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest Dracula performer ever??

It had to be either Christopher Lee or Bela Lugosi.

RIP Mr. Lee! Thanks for the performances.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some decent movies last night.

From The Dark (2015)
The Canal (2014) *Netflix
The Altar (2014) *Netflix

And I watched 2 per @jakedog56 's recommendations!

The Loved Ones (2012)
Hungerford (2014)

I'll get reviews posted sometime this next week!

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Charlie

MV5BMTY2MjY4MDU0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODAzMTc1MDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

As short films go, Charlie is relentlessly tense and leaves you feeling unnervingly anxious throughout. Many filming techniques, which are often overlooked in the modern age of filmmaking, are brought to life here.

The imagination is a tool, that when used correctly, is easily a hundred times more powerful than any gimmick or trick any writer/director could muster up. Here, we're allowed to use that tool and create a kind of fear that cant be created with any amount of blood/gore.

A simple concept turned into quite a brilliant piece of work, again another thing overlooked in modern film, simple concepts developed into fresh ideas. Modern settings, exceptional acting, original ideas and great directing come together to make an artwork that I don't think will be matched in a very long time.

9.5/10

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some decent movies last night.

From The Dark (2015)
The Canal (2014) *Netflix
The Altar (2014) *Netflix

And I watched 2 per @jakedog56 's recommendations!

The Loved Ones (2012)
Hungerford (2014)

I'll get reviews posted sometime this next week!

The Canal looks good.