• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny as hell. And the oddest thing was, towards the end it actually had some effective shocks. Or should I say "schlocks"? :nod:

Damn, I'm on a roll this morning...
giphy.gif

:pound:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched Zombeavers over the weekend Chef! I was 3 sheets to the wind. Don't really remember much except for the horrendous portrayal of the beavers. I remember laughing quite a bit!

Sy Fy? Sounds like something they'd broadcast.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zombeavers 2015

Yes... They went there... This is the kind of movie that you need to be about six deep before watching. The characters were absurdly stupid, and the acting was god awful. Which makes me think this was a spoof movie, even though the tone was very serious. Think of the movie Piranha 3D. You need to set the bar VERY low before watching this and you will at least be entertained. I was spitting up beer left & right trying to contain my laughter. Those zombie beavers were damn smart! Cutting off the electricity, perfectly timing tree cuts so they fall on moving cars, etc etc. I wonder why human zombs aren't even that smart!? And don't even get me started on how amazing the beaver cgi/fx were... Avatar level greatness! :pound:

Drink up! 5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backcountry (2015)

I know these kinds of movies have been done before, but not like this. The director of this movie boiled & chopped down the usual character plots, over-the-top gore, overplaying the 'villain', etc... And the result is a deep rooted primal fear which is the basic element of all good horror movies. This movie plays with your instincts, and leaves a lasting creepy vibe like what the movie Jaws did to your ocean swimming ventures. That is the realization that we are not atop the food chain in these environments! The special effects were gritty and believable which isn't always the case with most bear carnage movie. The movie lagged at points, but they achieved getting me to really want the living character to survive. The film captured the pure horror of being in the middle of nowhere and experiencing crisis. Are any of us really prepared when encountering a situation like this?! I don't care how much Bear Grylls you watch, you don't know how to react to these situations until you are smack dab in the middle of it. I've been lost hunting before, which isn't fun. Luckily I have been trained for such events and had the proper gear. But I have never been confronted with a territorial predator. You can say all you want about "I would have done this differently" after watching this movie, but in reality you know that if a bear came popping into your tent you would have little time to react. Yes the characters could have used the bear spray differently, but the sense of overbearing adrenaline had to play a part with it. It really makes you ask yourself, what would I have done in that situation.

Recommended! Camping anyone? 7/10

Reactions: DJ

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest horror story I've seen is watching the Milwaukee Brewers

Reactions: DJ

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Apparition (2012)

Never heard of this one, so I went in with no expectations at all. And I have to admit, it was pretty amusing. The usual story centering around a couple moving into a new house & soon after weird things start to happen. The "haunting" itself is a little more original, but the story is standard haunted house business. Not the typical all-out ghost haunting though. The filming, scenery, cgi/fx were very well done. Jump-scares galore, which means the scary element isn't that great but it does it pretty well. The acting is typical, nothing exceptional. The fx are sparse but executed well. I saw this movie took a lot of crap, because apparently it was over-hyped prior to its release. So if you go into this like I did, with little knowledge of it, then you'll enjoy it! Its a fun horror flick, no more no less, and I would recommend it to fans of haunted house type movies.

Decent! 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Blink (2014)

On Netflix! All things considered this isn't a bad film... The acting is good, sets/locations are stunning, cinematography is brilliant, good camera/effects work, and the script has some legitimately powerful moments. You will find some huge flaws in the plot, but if you let your "better judgement" just glaze over then you'll enjoy it more. The progression is steady, and it's not too complicated or cluttered with superfluous pieces thrown in to bulk it up. I like the way (however predictable some may be) that they had people "disappear". It was clever, subtle and understated but still impressive. The one thing that really pissed me off was, it spent a large portion of the plot to build up the suspense over the question surrounding the plot ("the fuck is causing this shit?"), only to drop the climax without any explanation. Seems like it was a deliberate effort to elevate the climax, but it really irritated me. It could have at least dropped a few clues to help us out!!! Is that too much to ask?? Also, it was a hilarious attempt at casting. They were going for the younger crowd, yet it was clear as day that a few of the cast were in their 40's. Frosted tips aren't going to cover up those wrinkles.

Worth the watch! 6.5/10

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last Circus isn't a horror flick per se but it's a movie I want to see. However, it's subtitled, because it's from Spain.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zombeavers 2015

Yes... They went there... This is the kind of movie that you need to be about six deep before watching. The characters were absurdly stupid, and the acting was god awful. Which makes me think this was a spoof movie, even though the tone was very serious. Think of the movie Piranha 3D. You need to set the bar VERY low before watching this and you will at least be entertained. I was spitting up beer left & right trying to contain my laughter. Those zombie beavers were damn smart! Cutting off the electricity, perfectly timing tree cuts so they fall on moving cars, etc etc. I wonder why human zombs aren't even that smart!? And don't even get me started on how amazing the beaver cgi/fx were... Avatar level greatness! :pound:

Drink up! 5/10

Looks hilarious.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually looks decent:

From the trailer I'd say a 5/10.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backcountry (2015)

I know these kinds of movies have been done before, but not like this. The director of this movie boiled & chopped down the usual character plots, over-the-top gore, overplaying the 'villain', etc... And the result is a deep rooted primal fear which is the basic element of all good horror movies. This movie plays with your instincts, and leaves a lasting creepy vibe like what the movie Jaws did to your ocean swimming ventures. That is the realization that we are not atop the food chain in these environments! The special effects were gritty and believable which isn't always the case with most bear carnage movie. The movie lagged at points, but they achieved getting me to really want the living character to survive. The film captured the pure horror of being in the middle of nowhere and experiencing crisis. Are any of us really prepared when encountering a situation like this?! I don't care how much Bear Grylls you watch, you don't know how to react to these situations until you are smack dab in the middle of it. I've been lost hunting before, which isn't fun. Luckily I have been trained for such events and had the proper gear. But I have never been confronted with a territorial predator. You can say all you want about "I would have done this differently" after watching this movie, but in reality you know that if a bear came popping into your tent you would have little time to react. Yes the characters could have used the bear spray differently, but the sense of overbearing adrenaline had to play a part with it. It really makes you ask yourself, what would I have done in that situation.

Recommended! Camping anyone? 7/10

I have 3, what I would consider to be close encounters with adult black bears.

One of which includes me beaning one right in the face with a good-sized rock.

Black bears are very curious and are your most-likely encounter, making them perty dangerous. MOST are more afraid of us than we are of them, but if you startle one, or its gets the drop on ya(like in a tent) or if its a sow with cubs, they are less predictable. Most can be ran-off fairly easily tho.

A Grizzly is a whole other animal.

Being able to determine the difference between the two, can very easily be the difference between life and death.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually looks decent:

From the trailer I'd say a 5/10.
lulz!

@1:08... Moment of bestiality? Did I catch that right?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3, what I would consider to be close encounters with adult black bears.

One of which includes me beaning one right in the face with a good-sized rock.

Black bears are very curious and are your most-likely encounter, making them perty dangerous. MOST are more afraid of us than we are of them, but if you startle one, or its gets the drop on ya(like in a tent) or if its a sow with cubs, they are less predictable. Most can be ran-off fairly easily.

A Grizzly is a whole other animal.

Being able to determine the difference between the two, can very easily be the difference between life and death.
I agree completely. Black Bears are known for their "bluff charges". They are usually pretty harmless, but like you said... Surprise one and you'll wish you hadn't. I've encountered a few black bears out in the wild. But never a full grown griz. I was out fishing a few years ago and a grizz cub came wondering out of the brush to get a drink of water. Needless to say I had my gear packed up and I was in the next county before the cub even reached the water. I wasn't going to stick around to meet & greet with momma bear.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I musta missed that.

:lol:
Dude is smokin a cigarrette with his pants off & a sheep in the room... Daffffffuq??

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely. Black Bears are known for their "bluff charges". They are usually pretty harmless, but like you said... Surprise one and you'll wish you hadn't. I've encountered a few black bears out in the wild. But never a full grown griz. I was out fishing a few years ago and a grizz cub came wondering out of the brush to get a drink of water. Needless to say I had my gear packed up and I was in the next county before the cub even reached the water. I wasn't going to stick around to meet & greet with momma bear.

I've seen one grizzly, but I saw him first and it was from a good-distance.