• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Constatine with Keeanu Reeves.

Pretty damn good flick. Haven't seen it in many years.
Love that movie. Peter Stormare played his part almost too perfectly... Short but perfect. Wish they did some sort of spin off type movie where it featured him more.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... Bewbs in low budget horror/sci-fi films? Never heard of that! lol

I'll probably save this movie for a drinking night lol.

It is absolutely a drinking night movie.

One of the many bad/great lines, this one as they are boarding up the house (ala Night of the Living Dead): "You do know the whole point of a beaver is that they fucking chomp wood???"

On the tentative schedule for today: All Cheerleaders Die :nod::nod::nod:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched You're Next. Pleasantly surprised as it is a good quality slasher thriller. Definately recommended. Best use of a blender award!

Also watched Found yesterday. Not as impressed with the movie but great camera work. I was impressed that they made it for $8000.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched You're Next. Pleasantly surprised as it is a good quality slasher thriller. Definately recommended. Best use of a blender award!

Also watched Found yesterday. Not as impressed with the movie but great camera work. I was impressed that they made it for $8000.
You're Next is a good movie. That chick was a badass.

Found is a disturbing film. It lingered with me for a few days after I watched it. Couldn't get some of the images out of my head.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also recently watched The Burrowers.
It was kind of a cross between Tremors and the Descent. It was decent but it would have benefitted from more inclusion of the creatures instead of just noises, darkness, and quick shots (until the final scene) when they showed more).

Another was The Dead, which was a pretty good zombie flick about an infection spreading across Africa. It was well done for what it was. It is worth a watch if you are a zombie fan. I watched The Dead 2: India sometime ago and was not very impressed so I had low expectations for the original but it exceeded the sequal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also recently watched The Burrowers.
It was kind of a cross between Tremors and the Descent. It was decent but it would have benefitted from more inclusion of the creatures instead of just noises, darkness, and quick shots (until the final scene) when they showed more).

Another was The Dead, which was a pretty good zombie flick about an infection spreading across Africa. It was well done for what it was. It is worth a watch if you are a zombie fan. I watched The Dead 2: India sometime ago and was not very impressed so I had low expectations for the original but it exceeded the sequal.
Was "The Dead" the one where there is ZERO dialogue for the first 30-45mins of the movie? Not a word is spoken. Can't remember if that is the one you are talking about, but I remember it being in Africa.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watched Dreamcatchers today.

That red-headed fellow is a creepy bugger.

Dream catcher was a bit of a mess. Even if you took the crapping out the aliens angle away it struggled. It was as if they took every Stephen King story ever written, ran them together through a blender, and served it up cold.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched April Apocalypse the other day. Not the worst zomcom out there but it isn't great either. Had some good moments.

Acting and production values were ok. Zombies weren't bad. Story execution was weak. Recommended if you like this genre or you have nothing else on the agenda but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was "The Dead" the one where there is ZERO dialogue for the first 30-45mins of the movie? Not a word is spoken. Can't remember if that is the one you are talking about, but I remember it being in Africa.

I think so. I didn't really pay attention to that. The guy was going through the desert at the start until they ran an extensive flashback to catch up to that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. I didn't really pay attention to that. The guy was going through the desert at the start until they ran an extensive flashback to catch up to that.
Is the first alive person he runs into the African Soldier?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooties looks good but I haven't seen it.

Anybody?
My wife just showed me the trailer to Cooties the other day. I'm pretty excited to watch that. Looks awesome.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the first alive person he runs into the African Soldier?

No, because there was a whole scene where they were in the plane with everyone. After the plane wrecks there is an injured guy but after that he meets the soldier.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because there was a whole scene where they were in the plane with everyone. After the plane wrecks there is an injured guy but after that he meets the soldier.
Probably a different movie then. I don't recall any plan scene. But ironically the movie is named the same:
The Dead (2010) - IMDb

Maybe I just don't remember it correctly

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched Zombeavers over the weekend Chef! I was 3 sheets to the wind. Don't really remember much except for the horrendous portrayal of the beavers. I remember laughing quite a bit!

It was funny as hell. And the oddest thing was, towards the end it actually had some effective shocks. Or should I say "schlocks"? :nod:

Damn, I'm on a roll this morning...