• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bad Batch... Just tried to watch that movie and really struggled with it. Very bizarre movie in general, but it really didn't offer much. Started off well (freaky cannibalistic scenes), then tailed off into WTF-ville. Didn't care for it at all, and to be honest I don't even remember finishing it. I either drank too much & passed out, or we switched to a different movie.

Slumber... Just added that to my watchlist yesterday.

If you haven't checked out Mayhem yet, you should. If you liked Belko Experiment, then its right up your alley.
Mayhem wasn't quite what I was expecting. Really made you work for it those first 20 minutes. Thought it would be a bit more humorous.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started Slumber. The beginning mentions sleep paralysis, feel like it'll go out to more of a paranormal actuality going forward, but as a person that has experienced this, The Nightmare (2015), would be the better choice to creep you out. I say this, thinking this movie is going to make a mockery of it, whereas The Nightmare really nailed experiences I had with this. That being said, I'll give the rest of the movie the old college try.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started Slumber. The beginning mentions sleep paralysis, feel like it'll go out to more of a paranormal actuality going forward, but as a person that has experienced this, The Nightmare (2015), would be the better choice to creep you out. I say this, thinking this movie is going to make a mockery of it, whereas The Nightmare really nailed experiences I had with this. That being said, I'll give the rest of the movie the old college try.
Yeah, so, I'm about 30+ minutes in, slumber is a snoozer. That being said, sine their premise was sleep paralysis, i would recommend The Nightmare, if you haven't experienced it may not work for you, but for me, it felt good to know others have had the same experience. To be honest, initially it felt like a demon was in my head, my head would throb (throb probably isn't the right word, it was an extreme pressure I can't quantify) and I couldn't breath (again, this was during my sleep, the fact I couldn't breathe is what eventually woke me up, with that being said, i figured maybe I need a CPAP machine or something, but a lot of the other stories jived with me as well. Thankfully, I haven't experienced that in a while, though, as I've made no changes to my life, I don't know what the cause was.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen it, but it has gotten less than stellar reviews. I think mostly because of the stupid note/drawing.
Ah, gotcha. I hate to be impetuous in that regard. I've seen some 3/10 rated movies be better than 7/10 so I'm very hesitant to put too much thought into ratings/reviews. I use it more as a guideline for new material. Most blockbuster type movies get hit harder in that area too so I typically ignore those reviews altogether.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhem wasn't quite what I was expecting. Really made you work for it those first 20 minutes. Thought it would be a bit more humorous.
The beginning sort of had a Guy Ritchie feel to it. Fast paced introductions & background with humor mixed in. I agree it wasn't as funny, but the thrill factor was on par with Belko Experiment. Same look & feel, and essentially the same survival plot but with more focus on vengeance.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....

Just saying you and Chef have been posting a lot in here....

Hey, any payroll I get put on is fine with me! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Belko Experiment on DVR, haven't gotten to it yet; I love the concept.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Belko Experiment on DVR, haven't gotten to it yet; I love the concept.
watched it on HBO/Showtime (one of them) recently. If you think of yourself actually being there. it is a pretty interesting concept to find yourself in. What would you do?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Cult of Chucky last night. I didn't mind it but some stuff was obviously very absurd (like how big that facility was and they only had no more than say 8 or so people there. Otherwise, I enjoyed it. I liked the Andy and Chucky head scenes the best and could've just watched that for an hour and a half and been very entertained. The post credits scene call back was also good and don't mind waiting for a sequel. I'd say around 3-3.25 stars out of 5.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been awhile, fellas; Merry Christmas!

That said, check it: Stephen King's 1922.

Loved the novella, loved this movie. Thomas freakin' Jane of all people kills it in this one!

1922_1383465_5119969_zoomed.png

1922trailertop.png

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Xmas, Horror nerds.....

Dad and I had a Xmas Eve dinner at In N Out......just started watching It's a Wonderful Life.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, finally saw The Snowman, definitely not worth anyones time. Wasted Fassbender, don't even know why it was partially considered horror.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright horror sluts... My NFL season is over so I'll be able to devote some time towards my favorite offseason thread!

Got a laundry list of movies I want to review eventually. Just because it was NFL season doesn't mean I wasn't watching horror movies every weekend!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright horror sluts... My NFL season is over so I'll be able to devote some time towards my favorite offseason thread!

Got a laundry list of movies I want to review eventually. Just because it was NFL season doesn't mean I wasn't watching horror movies every weekend!

Slacker

:lol:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you bastards haven't been around in so long, I'm watching this!

That'll teach ya!
Or wait...maybe it'll teach me. :pound::pound::pound:

p38390_d_v8_aa.jpg

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same here but still have this weekend and the SB.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, finally saw The Snowman, definitely not worth anyones time. Wasted Fassbender, don't even know why it was partially considered horror.

It's most def worth Thumper's and MIdnght Angel's time.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a few recently.

Jigsaw - I mean after the first maybe second, it was the same cookie cutter model. It's a Saw sequel, you know what to expect and what you're going to get.

Rings - Garbage.

Before I Wake - Really liked the concept of it. From a sci-fi standpoint, I would like to see his gift looked at from other angles. From a scare perspective, thought they could have done more, granted, you're imagination is the limit with it, so while watching you might come up with what you think could work better. Overall I thought it was well done, though Tom Jane's hair looked retarded.

Also saw It Comes At Night, The Vault, Temple, Happy Death Day, and Haunters: The Art of the Scare, but don't feel like expanding on any unless prompted to.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a few recently.

Jigsaw - I mean after the first maybe second, it was the same cookie cutter model. It's a Saw sequel, you know what to expect and what you're going to get.

Rings - Garbage.

Before I Wake - Really liked the concept of it. From a sci-fi standpoint, I would like to see his gift looked at from other angles. From a scare perspective, thought they could have done more, granted, you're imagination is the limit with it, so while watching you might come up with what you think could work better. Overall I thought it was well done, though Tom Jane's hair looked retarded.

Also saw It Comes At Night, The Vault, Temple, Happy Death Day, and Haunters: The Art of the Scare, but don't feel like expanding on any unless prompted to.

Totally agree about Rings, I was very disappointed.

Curious about Happy Death Day, I was kinda hoping it would be like one of those 80s/90s schlocky-but-kinda fun and cool horror flicks.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree about Rings, I was very disappointed.

Curious about Happy Death Day, I was kinda hoping it would be like one of those 80s/90s schlocky-but-kinda fun and cool horror flicks.
I know people have mentioned it as a Horror Groundhog's Day, which in a way it is. Also from that perspective and if you're looking for a fun cool 80/90s horror flick, I think The Final Girls did it better.