• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of steaming piles of gerbil shit.....

Halloween 3 Season of the Witch.

What the fuck was that!
I was extremely disappointed in that movie. No Michael Myers? GTFO!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I thought Rob's Halloween was great. I loved it, mainly because he made us give two shits about the main character.

That said, I also thought Rob Zombies Halloween ll was a steaming pile of gerbil shit! Not kidding there; it was bad.

Wolf Creek? Not familar with that one.
I must be part of the minority, but I enjoyed Wolf Creek! That Aussie Psychopath was pretty crazy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched Split.

Holeee shit.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something called Silent House on Sy Fy from 7:30-9:30am Sunday AM. Watching that before football..

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Crap, check these out; I believe the only one I've seen covered here was The Autopsy of Jane Doe, but I most certainly could be wrong. I think I'll be all in on the first one; I love stuff like that; sometimes the horror is in the not knowing.

8 must-see modern horror movies you've never heard of

@FaCe-LeE-uS, school me if I'm wrong; these all look good. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Crap, check these out; I believe the only one I've seen covered here was The Autopsy of Jane Doe, but I most certainly could be wrong. I think I'll be all in on the first one; I love stuff like that; sometimes the horror is in the not knowing.

@FaCe-LeE-uS, school me if I'm wrong; these all look good. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Pontypool, Let Us Prey, and The Invitation all were reviewed on here but I haven't seen the others.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Autopsy of Jane Doe was the only one I never watched.

Pontypool is easily my favorite off of that list.

Triangle gives away the plot. It was similar to other time loop movies, but I find each one has its own wrinkle to make it different. I'm always curious to see where they go. If you like the, go with it.

Backcountry I didn't care for. Didn't find it particularly scary. People get lost in the woods. Will a scare happen from there? Not for this guy.

Honeymoon was more of a mystery if I recall right. Wasn't a bad watch.

Let Us Prey, I must have had a bit of the drink, as I don't remember it at all.

Starry Eyes was a bit of a weird one, but it's worth a watch.

Oh, I forgot the interview. Yeah, I enjoy a movie in a central room with decent enough dialogue going on.

--------------
On the syfy front, I'm waiting for a better copy of Jeepers Creepers III to download (tried earlier, but quality wasn't as good as I hoped for), should be good to catch it later tonight, though. Don't know if it'd qualify as syfy, but outside of the September 2(6?) one day only release it was premiered on syfy.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just starting Jeepers Creepers III, but I think I'm going to have to watch the first again as a palette cleanser. They've used slow motion twice now for no reason and just had the creeper ride off on his truck like Michael J Fox in Teen Wolf (how it was moving, I don't know).

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I did watch IT again last night. Still don't get the appeal of it as a horror movie. Every "scary" scene just annoyed me. They might as well have put Depp playing the Mad Hatter in their for Skarsgards' Pennywise for me, just found it to be laughably bad. For those hating on Annabelle, I'll still put it over IT for this past year.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just starting Jeepers Creepers III, but I think I'm going to have to watch the first again as a palette cleanser. They've used slow motion twice now for no reason and just had the creeper ride off on his truck like Michael J Fox in Teen Wolf (how it was moving, I don't know).
As I continue on, there is no question this is a syfy movie. Terrible acting, I don't know if we had a time skip or not, I know when they said the events were going to take place. They opened up mentioned Derry and her sister was waiting for their parents with old time new sheriff talking about fear. creeper looks like shit. Nice to know he's a great engineer and added that tailpipe speargun and motion sensor bars that come out of... I don't know where. These cats should have also learned how to serpentine to avoid said speargun. That being said, I'm still having a fun time with it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I continue on, there is no question this is a syfy movie. Terrible acting, I don't know if we had a time skip or not, I know when they said the events were going to take place. They opened up mentioned Derry and her sister was waiting for their parents with old time new sheriff talking about fear. creeper looks like shit. Nice to know he's a great engineer and added that tailpipe speargun and motion sensor bars that come out of... I don't know where. These cats should have also learned how to serpentine to avoid said speargun. That being said, I'm still having a fun time with it.

Alright, sheriff eventually showed up. Thought the creeper was going to take the the truck up with him when it got knocked over and just took the (sister or girlfriend) I hadn't paid that much attention. Getting out of the movie, I still feel shitty for even watching this shit fest, as I was listening to a DLM podcast a few months ago with Justin Long and he mentioned the director (I don't know how it came back up, I think it was why he was in the second but the actress wasn't, but if she's back in the third (haven't seen her yet, at least not to my knowledge). It had to do with one of the director's early films Clownhouse, which I have seen, as it has my boy Sam Rockwell in it. Well, it seems he did some bad things with the young co star of that movie. Sorry to go off on a tangent, and i'll still continue to watch this tis the end and hope to make fun of it at times. But shit, if you want scary, that's the scary part of the story for me.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, sheriff eventually showed up. Thought the creeper was going to take the the truck up with him when it got knocked over and just took the (sister or girlfriend) I hadn't paid that much attention. Getting out of the movie, I still feel shitty for even watching this shit fest, as I was listening to a DLM podcast a few months ago with Justin Long and he mentioned the director (I don't know how it came back up, I think it was why he was in the second but the actress wasn't, but if she's back in the third (haven't seen her yet, at least not to my knowledge). It had to do with one of the director's early films Clownhouse, which I have seen, as it has my boy Sam Rockwell in it. Well, it seems he did some bad things with the young co star of that movie. Sorry to go off on a tangent, and i'll still continue to watch this tis the end and hope to make fun of it at times. But shit, if you want scary, that's the scary part of the story for me.
The fact that it's an entirely bullet proof car and they couldn't strike it at all, tires and all, yeah, fuck it, why not at this point? And we're still in the same time frame of Derry being flown off and sewn up into something delicious. Feels shitty they made the truck more supernatural than the creeper. Who has been sporting a red shirt all night. Cat must be a blood, and sees every cop as a crip. He also got more swole. Must have been from eating some cats since Derry and working at the sewing machine. I thought I didn't care for the second movie, the second movie gold next to this.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I did watch IT again last night. Still don't get the appeal of it as a horror movie. Every "scary" scene just annoyed me. They might as well have put Depp playing the Mad Hatter in their for Skarsgards' Pennywise for me, just found it to be laughably bad. For those hating on Annabelle, I'll still put it over IT for this past year.
Yikes. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but damn that one is difficult to stomach! lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to avoid Taddy's JC3 posts like the plague... Got it recorded on Sling and intend to watch it Tuesday night

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but damn that one is difficult to stomach! lol
I've tried, but I can't explain how disappointed I was in that movie.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is actually a WOW for me; haven't seen either one yet.

For that, sir, you get cake! :nod::nod::nod: