• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hope everyone is alright after this round of Tornado's.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like some more is heading this way. We are around NW OKC, and heard the sirens go off. Bunkered down the kiddo's.

Times like this that makes me think I really should get a storm shelter.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner, did you happen to see the footage of the twister going across Lake Thunderbird?

What a sight! only 2nd time I've ever seen anything like that outside of Lake Hefner in 97 or 98.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heard from Sooner Alum? He's down in that area, but not sure how close of far from it.

We've been lucky here in Tulsa, so far. My heart goes out to all of those affected. Just unbelievable....

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheat we just got some rain and wind in Muskogee.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I gotta say I'm a little worried about SA. I hope all is well with him and his family.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Wheat! I'm OK. The tornado traveled 2 1/2 miles on the south side of 4th St. in Moore. I was directly in its path. Then, literally 1 block from my house, it crossed to the north side of the street and I caught the edge of it. Neighborhoods on my north and west sides are either gone or heavily damaged. The houses one street over and at the end of my street are badly damaged. My house, other than the roof and a few minor things, will be OK, I think. I did find my trampoline in a neighbor's tree.

Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it. I've been without power until today and still no interwebz at home so I'm communicating with the outside world from school.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outlaw, that footage of Sunday's tornado crossing Dirtybird was incredible. I've never seen anything like that.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner78, we have a storm shelter I was at school with my students hunkered in bathrooms and hallways and my wife and son were at his elementary, hunkered in hallways and bathrooms. His school caught the edge of it but was fine. I was actually hoping they were at the school when it hit. New school built after the 1999 and 2003 tornadoes so it is pretty strong.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear from you SoonerAlum. Glad everyone's ok.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been crazy, trying to get things lined up. The wakeboard family is okay. Thankfully we were safe. But have friends who weren't and lost everything. It's almost were to begin. Hearing tons of good stories about people doing what they can to help out.

The thing that made me smile are my own kids. They are 2 and 3 so when my wife told them to put on their bicycle helmets (in preparation to taking cover) they were excited because they thought they were going to ride their bike in the house, and my daughter kept asking if the "tomato" is here.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Wheat! I'm OK. The tornado traveled 2 1/2 miles on the south side of 4th St. in Moore. I was directly in its path. Then, literally 1 block from my house, it crossed to the north side of the street and I caught the edge of it. Neighborhoods on my north and west sides are either gone or heavily damaged. The houses one street over and at the end of my street are badly damaged. My house, other than the roof and a few minor things, will be OK, I think. I did find my trampoline in a neighbor's tree.

Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it. I've been without power until today and still no interwebz at home so I'm communicating with the outside world from school.

:shocked: wow...

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Wishes

Best wishes, hopes, and prayers to all you guys in that area from this Longhorn fan. Life's not fair sometimes, and some of these stories are heartbreaking. Made me want to go give my wife and kids an extra long hug.

I know a few people who survived it, but fortunately don't personally know anyone who lost a loved one or a home. Glad to see so far all on here made it ok. For what little its worth, I will be sending a donation along with some kids clothes and toys this weekend. Nice to see that so many others are doing the same.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SA, good to hear from you and glad you guys made it thru, OK. I've been near a few tornados, but nothing even close to those monsters that have gone thru Moore and I can't even imagine what a lot of those people are going thru.

Stay safe!

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend was amazing. I put a huge rant on my Facebook status Friday. I went to Raising Cane's for some chicken fingers and all that was on the menu was the disaster special. I ordered three and when it came time to pay, they refused my money. They would accept a donation to tornado relief. Later that evening, I take the family out for ice cream and again, they refused money. Now you KNOW that this is hurting local business, too but they don't seem to care. Every where I turn there are hundreds of cases of water, people handing out food, folks walking down the street with shovels and brooms...Saturday, the Walmart parking lot was full of people with their OU Tailgating smokers, cooking for hundreds and not asking a single thing in return.

Like the great Jack Mildren, I'm an Oklahoman by choice and this is the reason. The Oklahoma Standard is what they call it and, while people from all over the country are coming to my town to help, Oklahomans are showing the heart and spirit of champions. I love this state!

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes, hopes, and prayers to all you guys in that area from this Longhorn fan. Life's not fair sometimes, and some of these stories are heartbreaking. Made me want to go give my wife and kids an extra long hug.

I know a few people who survived it, but fortunately don't personally know anyone who lost a loved one or a home. Glad to see so far all on here made it ok. For what little its worth, I will be sending a donation along with some kids clothes and toys this weekend. Nice to see that so many others are doing the same.

Nice post Hizzle. Thanks, you're a good guy. The people in Moore really got slammed. My mom lives in Moore and my brother lives right on the OKC/Moore border. Tornado missed them both by a mile or so. Very lucky.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm relieved that you guys made it through okay. Nothing really bad near the lake, just so much rain I'm liable to wear myself out mowing the grass.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round two today. Watched the rotation pass right over the house (yes, I was on the back porch watching while wife and son and dogs were in the shelter). I'm suffering from Repetitive Apocalyptic Tornado Stress (RATS). Can football season start early?

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round two today. Watched the rotation pass right over the house (yes, I was on the back porch watching while wife and son and dogs were in the shelter). I'm suffering from Repetitive Apocalyptic Tornado Stress (RATS). Can football season start early?

You must have missed my thread on the main board.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here here!

From the state of Texas: hope everyone is safe and sound in Sooner land.

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm relieved that you guys made it through okay. Nothing really bad near the lake, just so much rain I'm liable to wear myself out mowing the grass.

Heard there were sightings around Vinita, Ketchum and Grove. Glad nothing hit your place.