• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Texas how's that Tom Herman hire working out!!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't really want O'Neal......trust me on that. You're better off if he goes to Clemson.

Brown and White are good takes tho, if you can get them. Texas is going to fight you for White. Brown is following Terry Price, so if he gets retained by Aggy he's not leaving.

Yeah, and I wouldn’t put it past them to keep him long enough to get Brown signed and then turn him loose. I feel pretty good on white, but we’ll see. I think we’re taking two more linebackers and Merlin Robertson is expected to be one. The other likely White or Raymond Scott. Lots of people saying Proctor will end up a Sooner when it’s all said and done. He’s just being a little drama queen about the recruiting process atm from what I’m hearing. Woodbey is still interested too though.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't really want O'Neal......trust me on that. You're better off if he goes to Clemson.

Brown and White are good takes tho, if you can get them. Texas is going to fight you for White. Brown is following Terry Price, so if he gets retained by Aggy he's not leaving.

ONeal has been amazingly childish throughout his recruitment. I am not a fan.

Brown is an interesting player. Typical looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Young kid with all the physical tools though. If someone can figure out what motivates him, he will be in the NFL.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONeal has been amazingly childish throughout his recruitment. I am not a fan.

Brown is an interesting player. Typical looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Young kid with all the physical tools though. If someone can figure out what motivates him, he will be in the NFL.

Or he could end up like Kendall Jones.......he should just go to Bama or somewhere

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman's biggest issue for me is his lack of creating an identity or direction for this team.

WHO are we on offense? NOBODY knows. Not is coaches......not the players. Because he hasn't dictated what that is.

Saban, regardless of WHO is OC is, is going to RUN THE FOOTBALL. Everyone on the planet knows this. Players.....coaches.....recruits. But Herman hasn't figured this out yet.

That leads to big problems in recruiting. Every program named in this thread has a system and players are recruited to FIT that system regardless of star ranking. OSU and Tech are proof of this. They find 2 and 3 star kids, coach them up, and plug them in.......and win.

Texas just collects disparate talent that may or may not fit. Case in point.....Devin Duvernay. Only morons will tell you Texas has sub-par talent.......these kids were wanted by every major program in the country. Duvernay has speed and ability in the slot......that isn't utilized at Texas. He's wasted here. He should transfer.

Guys like Chris Warren......Duvernay.....Burt......Foreman......would all fit better at another school and likely be household names. But we have no idea how to coach and play these guys.

And this problem goes back to Mack......any Texas fans remember Desean Hales? How about DJ Monroe? There wasn't a DB in the nation or LB that could cover EITHER of those guys in the slot.......and neither ever got on the field.

Right now we're just warehousing talent. It's not a talent issue, it's a COACHING issue. Sooner or later some of you idiots will figure this out.

Not me, I've been saying this since the end of Charlie's 1st season. There's talent on this team. In fact, give Briles, Leach, Lincoln Riley, Kingsbury, etc the exact same offense UT has and these guys would have this offense ranked in the top 10 of scoring offenses. The coaching has been abysmal at Texas.....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me, I've been saying this since the end of Charlie's 1st season. There's talent on this team. In fact, give Briles, Leach, Lincoln Riley, Kingsbury, etc the exact same offense UT has and these guys would have this offense ranked in the top 10 of scoring offenses. The coaching has been abysmal at Texas.....

Thing is, even Gilbert had this offense scoring more and moving the ball. Herman was supposed to be an offensive coach, and they haven't been able to do diddly offensively.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You people are on crack. Texas has little talent in the Oline. Even worse it was shuffled around all year. Only 1 player had national offers and that was Connor Williams and he missed most of the year. Vahe had UCLA and LSU, so solid list, but not a national guy. The rest of them were stolen from OK State and KSU. Only difference is guys like Kerstetter and Shackleford would have redshirtes there. At Texas 3 star guard plays Tackle his true freshmen year. This myth that Texas has players that everyone wanted is a complete lie. There are not a lot of systems that work when you can't run inside zone vs 5 players in the box. Coaches certainly contributed. The offense was vomit inducing this year, with great coaching it would have had a ceiling of barely palatable

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Texas has a lack of talent” is the most laughable thing I hear from fans. We have had great recruiting classes for a long time, definitely good enough to push around the KUs and TTUs of the world. Dunces.

Our coaching has been horrid.
The end of the years look the same a the beginning for the last several years. That’s ALL coaching dereliction.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro is like a young, offensively minded Wade Phillips. The Peter Principle in all it's glory. he needs to be an OC and assistant HC, but he doesnn't have the defensive brain or the desire to devote resources to defense.

Agree, but he is very talented as an OC. There was noticeable difference between Manziel's freshman year and his sophomore year. Not from Manziel really, but in your overall offense.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but he is very talented as an OC. There was noticeable difference between Manziel's freshman year and his sophomore year. Not from Manziel really, but in your overall offense.

couldn't agree more. Same with Wade does with defenses.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Texas has a lack of talent” is the most laughable thing I hear from fans. We have had great recruiting classes for a long time, definitely good enough to push around the KUs and TTUs of the world. Dunces.

The end of the years look the same a the beginning for the last several years. That’s ALL coaching dereliction.

I'm not saying our opponents were mostly loaded with 5 star talent at OL, but the bolded were our contributors the majority of the season. That's not typical of Texas. We've been lacking at OL recruiting for a while. Mostly because we aren't putting people in the NFL at OL so why would they come?

Jr. Alex Anderson - 3 star #52 OG coming out of high school. Did not contribute.
Fr. Samuel Cosmi - 3 star #104 OT coming out of high school. Redshirted.
Jr. Turrell Cuney - 3 star #7 OC coming out of high school. Started several games.
Fr. Patrick Hudson - 4 star #2 OG coming out of high school. Missed most of the season injured.
Fr. Tope Imade - 3 star #38 OG coming out of high school. Did not contribute after moving from DL back to OL.
Fr. Derek Kerstetter - 3 star #30 OG coming out of high school. Started most of the season.
Jr. Jake McMillon - 3 star #35 SDE coming out of high school. Started almost every game.
Sr. Tristen Nickelson - 2 star #33 JUCO OT. Started several games.
So. Denzel Okafor - 4 star #12 OG coming out of high school. Started several games.

Jr. Elijah Rodriguez - 3 star #105 OT coming out of high school. Missed the season injured.
So. Zack Shackleford - 3 star #52 OG coming out of high school. Started almost every game.
So. Garrett Thomas - 3 star #36 OG coming out of high school. Did not contribute.
Fr. J.P. Urquidez - 4 star #22 OT coming out of high school. Did not contribute.
Jr. Patrick Vahe - 4 star #2 OC coming out of high school. Started every game until injured late in the year.
Jr. Connor Williams - 3 star #44 OT coming out of high school. Missed most of the year with injury.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, even Gilbert had this offense scoring more and moving the ball. Herman was supposed to be an offensive coach, and they haven't been able to do diddly offensively.

Gilbert's offense last year was vastly overrated. It wasn't efficient at all and put tons of pressure on our defense. Foreman was just pure greatness and our OL last season was good at run blocking. I think our OLine coach last season was vastly superior to Warehime.

We lost our RB, the Oline took a big step back, and our QB's still fold under pressure in the case of Buechele, and make boneheaded plays in the case of Ehlinger. Our WR's are decent. Not really a bad one in the bunch, but not really a great one either.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing a lack of offensive identity at all. It was pretty clear Herman ran his offense this year. We just didn't have the players to do it. We played with a TE all year without a good one. We used the QB in the running game when we don't have a great running QB on the roster. Ehlinger is a strong runner, but not particularly dynamic.

I just don't think you guys liked the identity we showed because it sucked lol

sudokujesus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never understood the love fest for Tom Herman.

That Houston team that he went undefeated with ran like 3 games above expectation. Giving that guy some massive deal to coach a blueblood program was like Auburn backing up the Brinks truck to keep Gene Chizik around after 2010 Auburn went undefeated when they weren't too many plays away from being 8-4.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you want to go over it?
Name a Big 12 team that started a 2 star OR for multiple games on the blind side....answer Texas

Name a 3 star DT in the Big 12 that moved his redshirt Sophmore more year to guard and started most of his Junior year... answer Texas

Name a school that started a true freshmen guard at Tackle, whose best offer outside of Ok State...answer Texas

A 5 star OL played in Tech/Texas game, which team did he play for? Answer Tech

I can't imagine an intellect that would call that a talented unit, even if such a person is dumb enough to believe a 3 star freshmen is the same as a 3 star red shirt upper classman.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing a lack of offensive identity at all. It was pretty clear Herman ran his offense this year. We just didn't have the players to do it. We played with a TE all year without a good one. We used the QB in the running game when we don't have a great running QB on the roster. Ehlinger is a strong runner, but not particularly dynamic.

I just don't think you guys liked the identity we showed because it sucked lol

You can add the best RB was a 3 star true freshmen that Texas stole from Houston

Or the only 2 TEs for most if the year were a Dude transfer and a true freshmen Texas grabbed from SMU. All that said Texas has 4 and 5 star kids all over the field

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that game pissed me off so much, I bailed on all CFB, even forgot to make my picks! Gog Damn it!!!

Texas gets an F this year- should have one the first game and the last game, and would be 8-4, losing only to top teams. But have to keep in mind the absolute shitshow of no bodies to throw on the OL. Nobody else to put in, dont have anybody else.

Read somewhere, that with these last three coaching changes, Texas has lost like 60 players to attrition. That's Baylor-like attrition...just cant hope to compete with that.

Now the Orangebloods are on the current coach's ass- Yeah, let's fire this one too! Damn fools.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can add the best RB was a 3 star true freshmen that Texas stole from Houston

Or the only 2 TEs for most if the year were a Dude transfer and a true freshmen Texas grabbed from SMU. All that said Texas has 4 and 5 star kids all over the field

We do, but they are all mostly on defense and at WR. Crazy shit that's where our strengths were ain't it. :noidea:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do, but they are all mostly on defense and at WR. Crazy shit that's where our strengths were ain't it. :noidea:

There is definitely talent on the team. Most of the talent and experience was on the defensive side of the ball. Shocking that was a team strength. I am just tired of people regurgitating the BS that Texas has 4 and 5 stars everywhere. This is the 1st time in 4 years that Texas won more games than the preceding year. You don't go 4 years without a winning record and have "Bama" talent