• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Mamba - Remember when I said it wouldn't surprise me if Cal was as good as USC?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read TF12...

My votes for DelRio right now, I had Petersen 1st for a long time. I think USC Defense was what always scared me on the opposing side, THAT and the Trojan run game.

Defense 1st
Offense 2nd
:suds:

Yeah, Del Rio was my number 1 for awhile. I didn't even have Gruden on my list until I heard Dan Patrick say that a source he trusts said that USC would be going "full court press" on him and he has not ruled out returning to coaching.

In the end, I think Del Rio gets the job. I just wonder if the situation with John Fox changes anything.

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Del Rio was my number 1 for awhile. I didn't even have Gruden on my list until I heard Dan Patrick say that a source he trusts said that USC would be going "full court press" on him and he has not ruled out returning to coaching.

In the end, I think Del Rio gets the job. I just wonder if the situation with John Fox changes anything.

Really hard to see Del Rio coming back to the college ranks after being in some kind of coaching position since 1997 on the professional level. Now that he has been elevated to interim HC @ Denver there is a chance that they could end up playing very late if not all the way in the upcoming 2014 NFL playoffs. It may (on paper) very well sound like a good hire, but I personally can't see Pat H. waiting until February to name a new HC for the Trojans. I would like to believe that its Ed's position to lose if he has a great turn around season with Kiffin being shown the door. Ed has HC experience and listening to him speak reminds me of a character out of Mayberry RFD. From what I have heard he has made it fun to be a football player at USC once again. The players have certainly been responding and its not inconcevable that they could win the PAC-12 South with a little luck in the next 4 games. The Stanford game on November 16th will most likely determine their conference season imo. :suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard to see Del Rio coming back to the college ranks after being in some kind of coaching position since 1997 on the professional level. Now that he has been elevated to interim HC @ Denver there is a chance that they could end up playing very late if not all the way in the upcoming 2014 NFL playoffs. It may (on paper) very well sound like a good hire, but I personally can't see Pat H. waiting until February to name a new HC for the Trojans. I would like to believe that its Ed's position to lose if he has a great turn around season with Kiffin being shown the door. Ed has HC experience and listening to him speak reminds me of a character out of Mayberry RFD. From what I have heard he has made it fun to be a football player at USC once again. The players have certainly been responding and its not inconcevable that they could win the PAC-12 South with a little luck in the next 4 games. The Stanford game on November 16th will most likely determine their conference season imo. :suds:

Yeah, I was more confident in the Del Rio possibility before John Fox had his AVR. Depending on how quickly he recovers will determine Del Rio's availability, imo. Word is that Del Rio actually was very interested in the USC job and that Fox would be willing to work with him on a transition from the Bronco's to USC that would be fair to both. That could simply have been speculation though.

As for Orgeron, if it's determined that he is the best candidate, I have no issues with him getting the job. It's pretty simple for him, the more games that we win, the harder he will make it to hire someone else.

To win the South, we would have to win out and get a little help with ASU.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was more confident in the Del Rio possibility before John Fox had his AVR. Depending on how quickly he recovers will determine Del Rio's availability, imo. Word is that Del Rio actually was very interested in the USC job and that Fox would be willing to work with him on a transition from the Bronco's to USC that would be fair to both. That could simply have been speculation though.

As for Orgeron, if it's determined that he is the best candidate, I have no issues with him getting the job. It's pretty simple for him, the more games that we win, the harder he will make it to hire someone else.

To win the South, we would have to win out and get a little help with ASU.

We'll do our part on this end for ya Brudda to the South!:suds:

Utah aint no slouch @ home either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check the PAC-12 thread Wallace, posted something for you over there!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stripped down publicly here of over 100 years of lore, almost felt like I had touched the hand of God, I mean OJ anyways. Gonna be sad NOT WEARIN that badge of honor now.:bawling:

ANY CHANCE I could join a fan club for misguided NON USC misfits? Links?:laugh3:

To ya SIR!:suds:

:lol: You make a fine "honorary Trojan"!! Here's hoping your Beavs whoop up on the Sun Devils on Saturday!! It's on the PAC-12 Network, so I'm considering making a special pilgrimage to The Tilted Kilt to watch the game.

qOM3GAp

CaRdInAl&GoLd
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right,a proven coach doesnt guarantee success...but the ridiculous recruiting classes carroll brought in have to account for a nice chunk of that success. Some coaches just get lucky with those one of two rare recruits that are gamebreakers and piggyback the team a great season. Bottom line is this...i think the trojan nation as a whole just wants the sense of security that comes with the hiring of a proven coach. We already rolled the dice with the kiffins of the world and really are not wanting to make the same mistake again.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stripped down publicly here of over 100 years of lore, almost felt like I had touched the hand of God, I mean OJ anyways. Gonna be sad NOT WEARIN that badge of honor now.:bawling:

ANY CHANCE I could join a fan club for misguided NON USC misfits? Links?:laugh3:

To ya SIR!:suds:

4toys.jpg