• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Hero's @ Zero's 2014 edition

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to fire Smith and put Williams in.

Nuff said.

Offense is a total and complete joke. Utter embarrassment.

All true. Sadly, on top of that, the defense didn't exactly live up to the hype either.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I thought theyd show up for the first half. We got them for the first series...:L

I didnt watch it after the first half. Losing interest in losing to Oregon.

Have to hope Coach Pete deals with the offensive issues. Spent enough time baby sitting Smith. He's not ready for a big time gig.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense holds the ball and gets scores the defense isn't out there so long and better things happen.

The D didn't do as well as you had hoped, but ffs the best way to lower another teams score is to keep their offense off the field. I've seen high school teams with more technical offenses than UW's.

Smith has to go. Now. Today. Before he gets on the flight home. No, really.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense holds the ball and gets scores the defense isn't out there so long and better things happen.

The D didn't do as well as you had hoped, but ffs the best way to lower another teams score is to keep their offense off the field. I've seen high school teams with more technical offenses than UW's.

Smith has to go. Now. Today. Before he gets on the flight home. No, really.

No argument about the offense. And of course the defense gets tired when the offense can't sustain drives. But I'm not buying that 100%. Two decent drives that ended in points to start the game, both answered by Oregon running right down the field and scoring 14 in the first quarter.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to fire Smith and put Williams in.

Nuff said.

Offense is a total and complete joke. Utter embarrassment.

Your gonna fire an OC that is in his first season (half way through) cause the execution is poor by the players?

This wasn't about the play calling, this was because they can't run the damn ball, and WR's drop way to many passes. I would question someone on as to why Miles is so damn tense on throwing the deep ball and that who ever put him on a leash needs to remove it and let him play the position....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw nothing that game to lead me to believe Smith can handle major college play calling. The execution did have some issues, but that is always going to be the case. I didn't see them setting up that team to do the things they do well when they needed to do it. If others don't agree I'm fine with that, but for me I'm entirely done with Smith.

He's the OC and has the wrong QB in, has odd limits on what he allows that QB to do, doesn't appear to have any unexpected or inventive plays in his book, doesn't use Ross nearly enough nor effectively when he does, and hasn't worked very hard to get Mickens and KW more involved. Drops? Issues? Ok, but keep getting them involved. It will pay off.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was a bad QB coach for BSU. They hated him.

I saw all of the banter during the coaching change. They were happy as hell Prince and Smith were leaving. I was dreading they both came over with Coach Pete. Luckily only one did. Unfortunately he got a promotion...

I wasn't for Smith from the get go. Still am not.

Perfectly fine with firing him right now.

7 games too late in my book.

Get rid of him before he ruins all of our QBs futures...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was a bad QB coach for BSU. They hated him.

I saw all of the banter during the coaching change. They were happy as hell Prince and Smith were leaving. I was dreading they both came over with Coach Pete. Luckily only one did. Unfortunately he got a promotion...

I wasn't for Smith from the get go. Still am not.

Perfectly fine with firing him right now.

7 games too late in my book.

Get rid of him before he ruins all of our QBs futures...

Fine and dandy, but let's remember these are Sarks "QB's" not Petersen's staff, also include the RB's or shall I say, (what they call RB's)

Personally I don't give a damn what Boise fans have to say about a staff that left them, there is gonna be back lash and negative talk about them, a staff that is good knows there tendencies and Petersen wouldn't have brought him if he didn't think he would work....

Bottomline is this team is still lacking alot, no matter what Sark feed us though the media, there isn't a stable of RB's nor is there a serious depth at QB, theres Miles then that is it....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine and dandy, but let's remember these are Sarks "QB's" not Petersen's staff, also include the RB's or shall I say, (what they call RB's)

Well KJ is Petes guy.

I trust Coach Pete.

I’m not sold on all of his staff, at least regarding the offensive side of the ball. BSU fans werent happy with Smith as QB coach either… We can ignore that if we want, but what they said seems to be ringing true.

Coach Pete must see something in him though since he promoted him the during the coaching change…

We also have oline concerns. They seemingly have taken a step back. Even in run blocking which most of us assumed would be a strength.

A person can trust Coach Pete going forward. It doesnt mean we have to ignore obvious deficiencies. It just means we trust him to fix them. One way or the other…

I have my personal opinion and in the midst of frustrating performances it’s hard to keep them in check. But I wasn’t a fan of Smith from the beginning and I havent seen any reason to become one all of a sudden, have you?

4 games vs P5 opponents and a total of 16 pts scored in the 2nd half. 4 per game... I keep banging this drum here and elsewhere but it's ignored.

Smith is not a PAC12 calibre OC. He just isn't.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I missed Troys TD.

So that brings us to 23 pts scored in the second half all season vs P5 opponents.

5.75 per game in the second half. :L

I guess it's going up though if we want to remain positive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at conference cellar dwellars

Points scored vs P5 opponents in the second half;

PAC12 Colorado 62 (4) 15.5 ppg
B12 Kansas 41 (5) 8.2ppg, ISU 69 (5) 13.8ppg
ACC NC State 29 (4) 7.25ppg
B1G Indiana 28 (4) 7ppg, Illini 34 (4) 8.5ppg
SEC Vanderbilt 33 (4) 8.25ppg

Not liking the way this could turn out...

Someone is in way over their head guys.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well KJ is Petes guy.

I trust Coach Pete.

I’m not sold on all of his staff, at least regarding the offensive side of the ball. BSU fans werent happy with Smith as QB coach either… We can ignore that if we want, but what they said seems to be ringing true.

Coach Pete must see something in him though since he promoted him the during the coaching change…

We also have oline concerns. They seemingly have taken a step back. Even in run blocking which most of us assumed would be a strength.

A person can trust Coach Pete going forward. It doesnt mean we have to ignore obvious deficiencies. It just means we trust him to fix them. One way or the other…

I have my personal opinion and in the midst of frustrating performances it’s hard to keep them in check. But I wasn’t a fan of Smith from the beginning and I havent seen any reason to become one all of a sudden, have you?

4 games vs P5 opponents and a total of 16 pts scored in the 2nd half. 4 per game... I keep banging this drum here and elsewhere but it's ignored.

Smith is not a PAC12 calibre OC. He just isn't.

I'm not gonna judge an OC on half a season, specially with a coaching staff that hasn't had a full year to two seasons to actually work through there whole off season and spring. Yes Holt showed us that a coordinator can be a sole reason to why a unit can suck, but like I said I'm not ready to point fingers yet, Miles is stiff, like there is a weekly beating into his mind that going over the middle or deep will result in a turnover, that needs to be stopped, they need to take those shots....

As usual the Ducks game could have swung a different way, instead of FG's TD's might of jacked that defense just a little more, Miles doesn't drop the ball and hits his target, another TD? Who knows where the game could've went, bottomline Ducks get #11 and we move on to ASU, personally I'm looking forward to this game, it's bounce back time and I believe they can fix some things and make this game close...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna judge an OC on half a season.

Me either. I'm judging him from his entire time in the FBS. I mean really. He did a bad job with Southwick, then he gets a promotion coming to UW. I don't get it...

But enough with it...

we move on to ASU, personally I'm looking forward to this game, it's bounce back time and I believe they can fix some things and make this game close...

I hope you're right. I really do. Just don't see it in the numbers game at all.

Oregon-lite coming to town.

Not trying to be a bummer but we're past the half way point now. Ive seen enough of this team to know who they are.

There would have to be a COMPLETE about-face on the offense to even keep this game close.

I'm thinking about dropping some real money on ASU. I have no idea how UW keeps it anywhere near that...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either. I'm judging him from his entire time in the FBS. I mean really. He did a bad job with Southwick, then he gets a promotion coming to UW. I don't get it...

But enough with it...

I hope you're right. I really do. Just don't see it in the numbers game at all.

Oregon-lite coming to town.

Not trying to be a bummer but we're past the half way point now. Ive seen enough of this team to know who they are.

There would have to be a COMPLETE about-face on the offense to even keep this game close.

I'm thinking about dropping some real money on ASU. I have no idea how UW keeps it anywhere near that...

ASU is coming off a big home win against Stanford, got travel here to the rain,:noidea: I don't know man, what's the spread at???

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

ASU is coming off a big home win against Stanford, got travel here to the rain,:noidea: I don't know man, what's the spread at???

I think it's 2.5 favor of ASU last time I saw it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's 2.5 favor of ASU last time I saw it.

Similar to Cal game. Basically a pickum with the spread. Dawgs win in a close one. Weather will be 50s and possible rain. Bad conditions for desert animals.