• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heres a statistic for you

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And LeBron would be working on his 7th or 8th in a row
If not for voter fatigue LeBron would definitely be working on at least his 7th or 8th mvp award. Possibly more.

Id prob. give Curry the one for last year regardless- but Durant's and Rose's and one of Curry's PROB could have/should have been LeBron's.......

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takeaways: Westbrook scores career-high 58 points, but Thunder can't stop Blazers

MVP Race

Last night, Kawhi Leonard burst onto the MVP scene with a brilliant 39-point performance that included a go-ahead triple and a game-saving block. Tonight, Westbrook had his chance to answer, and he delivered. No, he didn’t get the victory, but he scored 58 points and dished out nine assists. There’s only so much one guy can do.

In the end, this performance served to further entrench the different beliefs about the MVP award. If you believe that it should simply be given to the best individual performer, regardless of team success, then this was further proof that Russell Westbrook is the clear-cut MVP. If, however, you believe that it’s more of an award for the best player on the best team, then the Thunder’s loss serves as further evidence that the award should go to the likes of Leonard or James Harden.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another fun fact:

Statistically lebron is more likely to lose an NBA Finals than he is to win it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another fun fact:

Statistically lebron is more likely to lose an NBA Finals than he is to win it.
yah i think thats true- out of the 7 NBA finals he has been in i think he was only favored in either 2 or 3...

spurs def were the fav. in '07

Heat were def. fav. against the MAvs when bron choked his balls off

Heat were def. a favorite vs. OKC when they won

mAybe a Heat fan would know better about the other 2....

and im not sure about the 2 spurs--- id figure MIami was favored in one, the SPurs in one- but a Heat or SPurs fan would be better equipped to answer that

the warriors were def. favored in the last 2- in the first one because of injuries/ the 2nd one as they were the best reg. season team of all time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well LeBron is missing some trophies.
Its interesting what goes into it---

as some poster had on here--- its practically unprecedented for a player to win the MVP award if they are not a top 4 team in the Conference.

I would say a LOT of the time- it goes to the best player on a really good team.

If it was just a "best player in the league" award- Jordan and LeBron would have gotten it practically every year they were eligible once they hit their strides.

but of course "voter fatigue" limits it---- like the DRose MVP looks really bad now. Steve Nash winning 2 MVP's looks bad now. I dont think the Durant MVP will hold up that great either.

If RW wins the MVP- which- while i wouldnt vote for him- i wouldnt say its a bad choice- it would just go against a lot of precedent.

Reactions: TJL

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is defensive play a factor for the MVP or is it all based on offensive numbers?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i think thats true- out of the 7 NBA finals he has been in i think he was only favored in either 2 or 3...

spurs def were the fav. in '07

Heat were def. fav. against the MAvs when bron choked his balls off

Heat were def. a favorite vs. OKC when they won

mAybe a Heat fan would know better about the other 2....

and im not sure about the 2 spurs--- id figure MIami was favored in one, the SPurs in one- but a Heat or SPurs fan would be better equipped to answer that

the warriors were def. favored in the last 2- in the first one because of injuries/ the 2nd one as they were the best reg. season team of all time.
The Heat were favored in all 4 finals appearances they were in with him.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its interesting what goes into it---

as some poster had on here--- its practically unprecedented for a player to win the MVP award if they are not a top 4 team in the Conference.

I would say a LOT of the time- it goes to the best player on a really good team.

If it was just a "best player in the league" award- Jordan and LeBron would have gotten it practically every year they were eligible once they hit their strides.

but of course "voter fatigue" limits it---- like the DRose MVP looks really bad now. Steve Nash winning 2 MVP's looks bad now. I dont think the Durant MVP will hold up that great either.

If RW wins the MVP- which- while i wouldnt vote for him- i wouldnt say its a bad choice- it would just go against a lot of precedent.
I still think Nash's MVP's were well deserved, not sure how that exactly looks bad now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat were favored in all 4 finals appearances they were in with him.
they were favored in BOTH series against the Spurs? I figured they would have been in at least one....clearly LeBron choked away the Mavs series- which was delightful at the time.

@bksballer89

???

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were favored in BOTH series against the Spurs? I figured they would have been in at least one....clearly LeBron choked away the Mavs series- which was delightful at the time.

@bksballer89

???

They weren't favored in the okc series and not sure if they were favored in rematch vs the spurs