• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help Picking a Team

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why be a fan of a team because you currently have a minor league team affiliate where you temporarily live? choose one because you are your own person with your own reasons...maybe you like their announcer, or a player, or the color of their uniform, or the way they play...man up and choose because of why YOU want to follow them

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any "favorite" baseball players for any reason? (Id be leaning towards the Angels right now, with the AAA affiliate and all.)

Since you seem to have seen the most Angels games (minor and major) might as well be them. I didn't see the answer but do you have a favorite player?

I liked Mark McGwire and would have been more bugged about it if it came out when he was playing. I have separated that memory from the steroids because of the timing if the truth coming out. It could have been foreseen and it isn't a big deal, but even less so to me because he doesn't play anymore.

Other than that, I don't have a favorite player. I do like the Moneyball concept and it could keep an underdog story alive given their hires.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the Angels are a natural fit, if you're living there for the forseeable future.

Since you seem to have seen the most Angels games (minor and major) might as well be them. I didn't see the answer but do you have a favorite player?

It would probably make more sense to start following baseball regularly and find a player or team that you look then just kind of arbitrarily choosing one based on some suggestions on a forum. The favorite player route is probably a good way to go about it, especially if he's young and likely to stay in that city.

Why be a fan of a team because you currently have a minor league team affiliate where you temporarily live? choose one because you are your own person with your own reasons...maybe you like their announcer, or a player, or the color of their uniform, or the way they play...man up and choose because of why YOU want to follow them

Thanks for all your help everyone (not just those quoted here). I think I will watch everyone I can until I attach to a teamand remain loyal to whom I choose. I think I can avoid bandwagonism because I am watching for a different reason right now and by then it would be too late to switch to a winner. I will give the Angels the lead, a tiebreaker for my watching decisions.

Thank you.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels are a good suggestion. With a nearby AAA team, you can 'scout' for them, getting to know the players on the brink of joining the major league squad. They also have an owner willing to spend money (spend wisely is up for debate), so they'll remain in contention for the foreseeable future..... With Trout locked in for a few more years, you would have a great chance to witness a truly great player. He is doing things that have rarely been done at a very young age. Some would say he is he best baseball player on the planet right now.

The difference between the AL & NL should not be a game breaker for finding a team. You'll learn to appreciate both games and pray they never force the NL to adopt the DH - or the AL to abandon the DH...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch this season as a neutral fan. If you find a specific team you've enjoyed, pick them.

I got MLB.tv premium this year. Cost me $130 but due to the fact I live abroad I can watch each and every single game, including the postseason.

If you live in an area without any MLB teams near you the blackouts shouldn't really apply and you'd be able to see them all too. Give them a try, then decide next year.