• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help me out with this Ruling

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure curiosity here, but I need some help from someone who knows baseball better than me. I don't own the SP in question, so I doesn't really matter to me. It could also be that Y! made a mistake and that it will be corrected soon, but check this out:

Aoki singles
Segura reaches on an error by 2B
Gomez doubles, scoring Aoki, but on the play Segura was thrown out at home while Gomez advanced to third on the throw
Aramis sac fly scoring Gomez
Next batter get out, ending the inning

Wheeler, the SP in question is charged with 2 hits, 0 ER. How is this right?

Are they assuming that Aoki would have been forced at 2nd and that Segura would have still been the 2nd out at the plate on the Gomez double? Somebody help me make sense of this. Seems to me that the batter who reached on the error, was later thrown out via OF assist after a hit, more or less canceling out the error. Both runs should be earned?

I could even make a case for 1 run being earned. If the 2B took the batter at 1st and allowed Aoki to reach 2nd, Then Gomez would not have been able to advance to third and he would not have scored.

:wtf2:

Somebody help me before my brain explodes.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they assuming that Aoki would have been forced at 2nd and that Segura would have still been the 2nd out at the plate on the Gomez double? Somebody help me make sense of this. Seems to me that the batter who reached on the error, was later thrown out via OF assist after a hit, more or less canceling out the error. Both runs should be earned?

I could even make a case for 1 run being earned. If the 2B took the batter at 1st and allowed Aoki to reach 2nd, Then Gomez would not have been able to advance to third and he would not have scored.

Somebody help me before my brain explodes.

Yes, Aoki should have been out, but because of the error he's on second so his run isn't earned.

Segura was out at home which was only the 1st out, but because of the error it should have been the second out.

Ramirez hits a sacrifice fly which scored Gomes. It was only the second out but Since Aoki & Segura should have been outs number 1 & 2, Ramirez would have made 3 negating the earned run by Gomez.

At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works...............maybe................I think............Dammit, don't make me think on a Friday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really all judgement by the official scorekeeper. He was probably thinking something along the lines like the Rev said. A different scorekeeper could have come up with something different, though. Keep an eye on it, he may look back over it and change his decision on that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really all judgement by the official scorekeeper. He was probably thinking something along the lines like the Rev said. A different scorekeeper could have come up with something different, though. Keep an eye on it, he may look back over it and change his decision on that.

Crazy inning. And yes, in RG3's knee we do trust. Thanks.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Aoki should have been out, but because of the error he's on second so his run isn't earned.

Segura was out at home which was only the 1st out, but because of the error it should have been the second out.

Ramirez hits a sacrifice fly which scored Gomes. It was only the second out but Since Aoki & Segura should have been outs number 1 & 2, Ramirez would have made 3 negating the earned run by Gomez.

At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works...............maybe................I think............Dammit, don't make me think on a Friday night.

That sounds good to me. I have kept score before but not for the majors, :lol:.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could just be that the scorekeeper's a Mets fan. :laugh3:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard stories of these so called Mets fans, but I always thought they were rumors

We are out there...waiting for the time to strike! Seems like we've been waiting quite awhile now...:think:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres the actual play by play and it should help Did u get yours from cbs?

N Aoki singled to left.
J Segura grounded into fielder's choice to pitcher, N Aoki safe at second on error by second baseman D Murphy.
C Gomez doubled to right, N Aoki scored, J Segura thrown out at home, C Gomez to third advancing on throw.
A Ramirez hit sacrifice fly to left, C Gomez scored.
J Lucroy struck out swinging.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres the actual play by play and it should help Did u get yours from cbs?

N Aoki singled to left.
J Segura grounded into fielder's choice to pitcher, N Aoki safe at second on error by second baseman D Murphy.
C Gomez doubled to right, N Aoki scored, J Segura thrown out at home, C Gomez to third advancing on throw.
A Ramirez hit sacrifice fly to left, C Gomez scored.
J Lucroy struck out swinging.

Ramirez does get to count the RBI in the stats column even though the run was unearned. Also, Gomez gets the RBI for Aoki's score even though the run was unearned.