• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hell has frozen over

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan buried the Taylor Lewan assault until well after he had played his last game so that they wouldn't have to punish him. It took 4 months to charge him for an assault that the guilty party was identified by both victims and eye witnesses at the time and was admitted at the time by the guilty party. The police department was in on it because they went as far as to close the case because there was not any "suspects". Ohio State suspended a guy for multiple games immediately just for being accused.

But Michigan is morally superior to everyone.

Punching Ohio State fans is acceptable behavior. Most would agree.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the problems that have been up in AA, Michigan is the lesser schools for quite a while.

Its not about not giving 2nd chances it about receiving no punishment because the W is more important. You are correct about being morally superior but with the happenings in AA Michigan is not morally superior.

I think the university changing policy was basically saying if the coach and athletic dept. will not do what is right we will do it for them.

Not really. The change in policy was already set in motion before the Gibbons thing happened. If it was a "we'll do what you won't" situation, it wouldn't have taken 3 years for them to finalize a new policy.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. The change in policy was already set in motion before the Gibbons thing happened. If it was a "we'll do what you won't" situation, it wouldn't have taken 3 years for them to finalize a new policy.

I did not realize you had such inside information on the inner workings in AA.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not realize you had such inside information on the inner workings in AA.

It was a well written about subject here on campus -- r*pe, university policy, blah blah blah. The conversations started happening around the time of the Duke r*pe case. The Gibbons thing just happened to happen during all of this.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a well written about subject here on campus -- r*pe, university policy, blah blah blah. The conversations started happening around the time of the Duke r*pe case. The Gibbons thing just happened to happen during all of this.
So it took 7 years to actually implement this policy? Man things really are slow moving in Ann Arbor.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it took 7 years to actually implement this policy? Man things really are slow moving in Ann Arbor.

You don't know how Universities work, do you? It's slowly, unless Stephen Ross says otherwise. I'm sure they weren't developing the actual change in 2006, but it started the conversation.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know how Universities work, do you? It's slowly, unless Stephen Ross says otherwise. I'm sure they weren't developing the actual change in 2006, but it started the conversation.
Kind of funny how everything about this policy got accelerated after Washtenaw Watchdogs start digging into this and then if they waited any longer they would have had a player on the team for four years accused of r%pe, victim had her life threatened if she pressed charges, and no one at all is punished for it. So they throw a kicker under the bus to show they are "tough" on this sort of thing.

Reminds me of the UM doctor that was looking at kiddie pron at Mott Hospital and it wasn't investigated nor reported to the proper authorities for weeks but when the hammer got dropped on Penn State they decided to look into it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, at Michigan we don't threaten people in road rage incidents with firearms:

RB Williams suspended from MSU football team

Classic MSU
Yeah you threaten to r@pe and murder r*pe victims.

Classic Wolverines

Incident occurred on Monday, no charges filed yet, suspended from team. Something Michigan would never do. They get to stay until after they play nearly the entire season and their bowl game so they don't have to suspend.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny how everything about this policy got accelerated after Washtenaw Watchdogs start digging into this and then if they waited any longer they would have had a player on the team for four years accused of r%pe, victim had her life threatened if she pressed charges, and no one at all is punished for it. So they throw a kicker under the bus to show they are "tough" on this sort of thing.

Reminds me of the UM doctor that was looking at kiddie pron at Mott Hospital and it wasn't investigated nor reported to the proper authorities for weeks but when the hammer got dropped on Penn State they decided to look into it.

Seems like you're just perpetuating rumors. There is no truth to what you claim. No one was punished for anything because there was no punishable crime.

The UM doctor got in trouble when the actual police found out. The problem there was the report went to Hospital security and not real police. They were the geniuses who did nothing. Because of that, the whole campus police got switched around and now UMPD is in charge of the Hospital.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you threaten to r@pe and murder r*pe victims.

Classic Wolverines

Incident occurred on Monday, no charges filed yet, suspended from team. Something Michigan would never do. They get to stay until after they play nearly the entire season and their bowl game so they don't have to suspend.

Never happened.

Classic MSU, making up stuff to make UM look worse.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you're just perpetuating rumors. There is no truth to what you claim. No one was punished for anything because there was no punishable crime.

The UM doctor got in trouble when the actual police found out. The problem there was the report went to Hospital security and not real police. They were the geniuses who did nothing. Because of that, the whole campus police got switched around and now UMPD is in charge of the Hospital.

Yes because two MICHIGAN players lied when they called police to let them know they heard Lewan threaten the girl and they feared for her safety.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because two MICHIGAN players lied when they called police to let them know they heard Lewan threaten the girl and they feared for her safety.
And you know they lied how? Were you there? The official police report says otherwise.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Missing the obvious play here... Let me help. When folks characterize UM as slow, fall back on Congress. Compared to Congress, everything else seems efficient.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see nothing in that article to back up your claims. You said Michigan players lied, they did not. You said Lewan threatened the girl to the point where she didn't want to come forward, which did not happen. What Lewan said was inappropriate, but he was never in contact with the victim. If you look at the timeline, Lewan's comments come almost 2 weeks AFTER the victim decides not to press charges. But don't let facts get in the way of your witch hunt.

I'm not blaming the alleged victim here, I'm just saying there's not enough proof to say one way or another what happened. Both admit to having sex, but unfortunately there's no way to tell if it was consensual or not. It's a classic he said she said. Lewan was standing up for his friend (in an inappropriate way) and the girls friends were standing up for their friend -- ultimately the victim 1. didn't choose to press charges and 2. likely would have lost given the lack of evidence.

The University changed it's policy so that it's burden of proof was significantly lowered and kicked Gibbons out. You also seemed to miss the part that backs up what I said -- the University had been working on the policy change for a while: "Aug. 19, 2013: The University of Michigan’s new sexual misconduct policy goes into effect after two years of refinement. "

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a cover up, they protected Lewan as they have done other times and it was shitty. The whole thing stinks, they protected the program and their golden boy.

I was wrong Michigan fans are not arrogant, they are delusional. Kind of reminds me of what happened in Happy Valley.
lol, a cover up how? You think the police ignored a r*pe victim? If anything, the police actively sought out charges and the "victim" was unwilling to cooperate. One can only speculate as to why, I doubt it had to do with her being paid off by someone. Which leaves 1. she was scared or didn't want her name out there - or - 2. She was lying

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see nothing in that article to back up your claims. You said Michigan players lied, they did not. You said Lewan threatened the girl to the point where she didn't want to come forward, which did not happen. What Lewan said was inappropriate, but he was never in contact with the victim. If you look at the timeline, Lewan's comments come almost 2 weeks AFTER the victim decides not to press charges. But don't let facts get in the way of your witch hunt.

I'm not blaming the alleged victim here, I'm just saying there's not enough proof to say one way or another what happened. Both admit to having sex, but unfortunately there's no way to tell if it was consensual or not. It's a classic he said she said. Lewan was standing up for his friend (in an inappropriate way) and the girls friends were standing up for their friend -- ultimately the victim 1. didn't choose to press charges and 2. likely would have lost given the lack of evidence.

The University changed it's policy so that it's burden of proof was significantly lowered and kicked Gibbons out. You also seemed to miss the part that backs up what I said -- the University had been working on the policy change for a while: "Aug. 19, 2013: The University of Michigan’s new sexual misconduct policy goes into effect after two years of refinement. "
Two Michigan players called the police to state that they heard Lewan on the phone with the victim and heard him threaten her. They were worried for her safety so they called the police. So either they lied because they didn't like Lewan or it actually happened and the police did nothing but tell him not to call her, which was a crime to begin with and they just let Lewan do whatever he wants, which they have shown to do after that.

So which is it did the players lie or did Lewan make the call? You have your head in the sand as much as Penn State fans with Joe Pa.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, a cover up how? You think the police ignored a r*pe victim? If anything, the police actively sought out charges and the "victim" was unwilling to cooperate. One can only speculate as to why, I doubt it had to do with her being paid off by someone. Which leaves 1. she was scared or didn't want her name out there - or - 2. She was lying
Police did not do anything to Lewan after he called her and threaten her. Her r@pe was buried, why would she push forward knowing that if she charged a Michigan player it would be ignored by the police and she may be r@ped again or worse by Lewan and the police would just not do anything because it's another he said/she said case. She had every right to worry, Ann Arbor Police are just as corrupt as Tallahassee Police.