• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Search.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Coughlin. Need someone younger.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coughlin and Howie couldn't possibly survive together, could they?

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be Pederson. Very short interview with him and they can't announce anything until KC is done. They'll bring other guys in but only to pick their brain and in case Pederson gets cold feet. Lurie is in love with Reid and I can't see risking it with a whole new style. That didn't go well last time.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes perfect sense. The priorities of Howie:

1. Remain in power. This is the absolute top priority for him.
2. Run the franchize well.

And whenever these priorities conflict, the first priority will take presedence. Hence my statement.

And yes, even last season's events fit there - since Howie knew Chip would hang himself (which Howie could speed up if needed).

Hell, as Geoff Mosher stated today: everybody he has talked to about Howie - whether they are friends of him in private or on the job, like him, do not like him etc. etc. - stated that Howie is absolutely paranoid about grabbing and remaining in power in the Eagles' front office - and will do everything to remove anything and anyone he perceives as a threat to his position.
Aight; when it hurts us, i'll complain.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be Pederson. Very short interview with him and they can't announce anything until KC is done. They'll bring other guys in but only to pick their brain and in case Pederson gets cold feet. Lurie is in love with Reid and I can't see risking it with a whole new style. That didn't go well last time.
Short? they said it was 4 hours.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it!

Please not Pederson! He screams MEDIOCRITY!!!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks that Lurie is going to f.. things up here. I am far from being optimistic at this point. Canning Kelly a week early cost us a better draft pick and I just don't see the advantage of the early coaching search here? Feel free to help me out here? What advantage have we had?

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks that Lurie is going to f.. things up here. I am far from being optimistic at this point. Canning Kelly a week early cost us a better draft pick and I just don't see the advantage of the early coaching search here? Feel free to help me out here? What advantage have we had?

If Eagles do hire Coughlin the week early firing amounted to zip

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? Because the man is 69 he isn't competent? Coughlin has by far the best resume.
He stands on the sidelines and mutters "Shit" the whole game. Tired of watching it!

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes perfect sense. The priorities of Howie:

1. Remain in power. This is the absolute top priority for him.
2. Run the franchize well.

And whenever these priorities conflict, the first priority will take presedence. Hence my statement.

And yes, even last season's events fit there - since Howie knew Chip would hang himself (which Howie could speed up if needed).

Hell, as Geoff Mosher stated today: everybody he has talked to about Howie - whether they are friends of him in private or on the job, like him, do not like him etc. etc. - stated that Howie is absolutely paranoid about grabbing and remaining in power in the Eagles' front office - and will do everything to remove anything and anyone he perceives as a threat to his position.

It's a damn shame. Howie irritates the piss out of me.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if (when) they hire Pederson, if Coughlin would agree to come on as an assistant Head Coach/consultant? He gets the best of both worlds; doesn't have to go through the rigors of being the full-time guy, still gets to be involved to some extent and would be the the perfect groom to bring along Pederson's inexperience. Plus they could still keep all the assistants that they want to keep around, which I'm on board with.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be Pederson. Very short interview with him and they can't announce anything until KC is done.

I hope you are wrong.......please be wrong.