• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have you ever gone into a season with ZERO fucks given?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to the OP, yeah, pretty much all but three.

I usually care about one game MY team plays tbh. The rest are for fun.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The excitement level is usually higher going into the season. I haven't paid much attention with all that's been going on at home. CFB would be a welcome distraction. Plus the offseason has been extremely slow and boring

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, while I'm excited for the season (though Wisconsin might be slightly overrated), this year's schedule sucks. No good OOC games and no Ohio State or Penn State (i.e., the two highest ranked Big Ten teams) on the schedule, until a championship.

We should make it until at least November 18 against Michigan undefeated, and even in that one we'll be favored at home. But then of course teams lose games they shouldn't all the time, and the Badgers will be no exception.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say this is probably one of those seasons for me. I have practically no expectations for this team, and I gave more of a shit when they finished worse than last year in 2007. But we're in a kind of purgatory. Brian Kelly is to expensive to cut loose, and to awful to get lured away by another team. I don't think he particularly cares about ND and probably never really did, so I think he's kinda on cruise control.

They could surprise me, but Kelly's shown he's more of an 8-5 coach with the occasional better season and, now, probably the occasional worse one too.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an ASU fan, I can say yes to this question, as I give zero fucks about this year for the Devils. I'll still be rooting for them, but I don't expect anything out of them except for Todd Graham getting fired at the end of the year.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FkPNOtp.gif

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, while I'm excited for the season (though Wisconsin might be slightly overrated), this year's schedule sucks. No good OOC games and no Ohio State or Penn State (i.e., the two highest ranked Big Ten teams) on the schedule, until a championship.

We should make it until at least November 18 against Michigan undefeated, and even in that one we'll be favored at home. But then of course teams lose games they shouldn't all the time, and the Badgers will be no exception.
You're overlooking the game at BYU...they're playing at 5000 ft elevation against a bunch of 25 year old dudes with some big Samoans sprinkled in...that game is no gimme

I almost forgot all the pent up frustration they suffer from the no sex thing...

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every year under Saban, Williams, and Smith and the first couple of years under Dantonio.

Back then I was just hoping for a good season, hopefully a bowl game, maybe even one of the decent ones.

By last year I was expecting championships and playoffs, jot necessarily to win them, but I expected Dantonio to have his team in contention for thosevthibgs every year.

Now I don't even know? Were we spoiled before by an extreme run of luck and we're back to also-rans in the big 10? Or was lastvyear the fluke and Dantonio is every bit the magician he seemed to be? Starting to look like the latter according to the media stuff I've seen.

Hard to get excited for a season where you're just hoping for bowl eligibility after being in national title contention. One if the down sides if success.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

2002-2003 Bowl banned, still recovering from Dubose and was for some reason supposed to think a Hawaii game at the end of the year was our "Bowl Game".

And then during the Shula era, I was just happy for a coach who wasn't embarassing us and not getting in trouble with the NCAA.

I saw an inordinate amount of UAB hats on Alabama fans about that time.

I am more curious than anything else, probably cautiously optimistic is the best cliche. We have depth at QB but are thin in the secondary ... still. For the first time in a long time, we have a good D to go along with what should be a very good O. I can't wait to watch it unfold.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game since Turner Gill got hired . Became really obvious Turner Gill was taking that program straight into the toilet.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back then I was just hoping for a good season, hopefully a bowl game, maybe even one of the decent ones.

By last year I was expecting championships and playoffs, jot necessarily to win them, but I expected Dantonio to have his team in contention for thosevthibgs every year.

Now I don't even know? Were we spoiled before by an extreme run of luck and we're back to also-rans in the big 10? Or was lastvyear the fluke and Dantonio is every bit the magician he seemed to be? Starting to look like the latter according to the media stuff I've seen.

Hard to get excited for a season where you're just hoping for bowl eligibility after being in national title contention. One if the down sides if success.
We were definitely spoiled and with this coaching staff, I don't see it as a fluke. The team has been getting worse each year since 2013. The Defense was dreadful last year but I don't have much hope for them. They need to fire everyone short of Dantonio if they win less than 8 games next year.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think im ok if we win 4 games this year.. Michigan, LSU, Uga and Fl st.. just because...

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

2002-2003 Bowl banned, still recovering from Dubose and was for some reason supposed to think a Hawaii game at the end of the year was our "Bowl Game".

And then during the Shula era, I was just happy for a coach who wasn't embarassing us and not getting in trouble with the NCAA.
I remember we had Bama at home that year, and there were fans that were legit jacked up the team was going to Hawaii.