• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has anyone asked KC

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in conclusion.. Mark Tyler has been outed as a DArnold at all costs, or settle for one of the other rookies f that fails kind of fan.... IN other words an ABC champion.

I wonder how hard it would be for me to find one of his opinion pieces from 2015 stating that Cousins shouldnt start because we are abandoning the future of the franchise y benching Griffin??

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins will make a 22 million a year offer at the last minute in hopes to save face. They won't give KC's camp time to counter and will say they tried.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins will make a 22 million a year offer at the last minute in hopes to save face. They won't give KC's camp time to counter and will say they tried.

I tend to agree. I think they have already made the decision to go all in on the 2018 draft and will settle for the 2019 3rd rounder while they once again mortgage the future on the second best rated QB in the 2018 draft.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to think if a deal isn't done yet one is not going to be done. Still 2 1/2 weeks and the market is set so maybe they get it done but I am not betting the farm.

Was listening to Dukes, Loverro and Florio on the radio yesterday. None think the Skins will sign Cousins long term. Florio gave an interesting perspective that I was not aware. He was talking about Walter Jones the old Seattle lineman and around the time when the tag first came out. Back then you got a 20% raise for each additional year you were tagged. Jones was okay with that and signed the tag three consecutive years. That prompted the owners to change the rule so that on year three the tag went up to 44% of the previous contract. Cousins and his agent are okay with the one year contract. I don't think Cousins would have received almost $44 million from the Redskins any other way.

I too am beginning to think the Skins will take this to the late hours say they made a $22-$23 million offer and Cousins turned it down in an effort to make fans feel poorly about Cousins.

We all know the Skins have not managed assets well in the past. This has been poorly handled. Hell Glennon who has been on the bench for two years got a $17 million contract. My one hope is much like I mentioned in another thread about Andy Reid being a QB whisperer I think Gruden has some of that ability. I think deep down Jay thinks he does also. At least as long as you don't give him a spread option QB. Maybe the feel like they can get someone and Gruden can coach them up.

Kirk and his agent are going to be smart enough to say the right thing.

:noidea:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to elaborate on this earlier.

Before getting all excccited by Mr Tylers piece, I would suggest you look at some of his earlier posts on the subject.

Read this one and you will see that he has a decided bias towards getting rid of Cousins since early in this year.

Should the Redskins Consider Moving Kirk Cousins?

So ya see VT, Mr Tyler has a very decided bent against any situation that involves keeping Kirk, mainly because he wants Darnold at any and all costs apparently.

Fair enough. But his article still raises some valid points outside of his ABC mentality. He even praises KC, so he is far from a hater.

This should draw the ire of many Redskins fans, as Cousins has played very well over the last two seasons, and has clearly distinguished himself as a franchise quarterback. He's broken franchise records, led the team to back-to-back winning seasons, and drawn praise from his coaches and teammates for his leadership. The hurdle however, is how much are the Redskins going to pay him, and does McCloughan believe he's the answer, or does he think he can find a better alternative for the long-haul.

Regardless, my post wasn't about Darnold. It was about, Does KC really want to be a Skin? I'm not sure he does.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True...Possibly? They could also make a $24-25 million APY deal that KC turns down. Funny some of you are not willing to consider that a realistic possibility. I know, I know, we haven't offered him a fair deal so it's a moot point, but maybe KC doesn't care if the deal is fair or not. Might not be a Skin anyways.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...Possibly? They could also make a $24-25 million APY deal that KC turns down. Funny some of you are not willing to consider that a realistic possibility. I know, I know, we haven't offered him a fair deal so it's a moot point, but maybe KC doesn't care if the deal is fair or not. Might not be a Skin anyways.
Vt, I think everyone sees that is a possibility. But we won't know until an offer is made that he SHOULD accept. Why hasn't the FO made such an offer yet? What is your opinion as to why they say the want to sign him but have yet to make a realistic offer in the last 2 years?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it will be a low ball effort at this point because they don't want him to sign.

Even if it is 24 million, they waited too long because they need to give KC a chance to counter.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vt, I think everyone sees that is a possibility. But we won't know until an offer is made that he SHOULD accept. Why hasn't the FO made such an offer yet? What is your opinion as to why they say the want to sign him but have yet to make a realistic offer in the last 2 years?

Just speculating, but up until this offseason, they didn't feel like he deserved or had earned a big $$$ deal. I'm in agreement.

Following this past season, they exclusive tagged him, so that shows some sort of commitment. Now, what has (or hasn't) happened since March...I'm not sure. The low ball deal they offered after the tag, maybe it was a de-facto starting point for negotiations as far as Allen was concerned. What does everyone expect? Our FO to start at or above the tag number??

Bottom line, it seems like these types of deals don't get done until days, even hours leading up to the deadline. Doesn't seem like our FO is too worried about busting it out today, and doesn't seem like the KC is beating down the doors wanting it done today either. It's a big game of chicken.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen: Alright Kirk,, still don't know what we have in ya but you win, we give up... we're willing to pay you 25 million over the next 5 years in line with the Carr contract... 80 million in guaranteed money. Now thats all we can do. Very fair wouldn't you agree.

(Kirk and his agent go into a huddle,,, then break from it)

Agent: OK, so let me get this straight. 125 over 5 with 80 guaranteed.. hmmm. well, getting 24 this year anyway and if you tag him next year it will be in the 34 range... thats 60 million in guarantee right there. you're only offering 20 more... hmmm.

(both sides now go into a huddle for a minute or so... then break)

Agent: Well, If this happens then after the third tag we would imagine (if he performs well which we have no doubt he will) that the going rate for a top tier QB will be ruffly 28 per year, but you wanna give us only 25 per year.. hmmmm. Seems we would lose money by taking this deal. We're welling to bet a desperate team in 2019 will offer Kirk this 28 per year for 5 years with 100 in guarantee,,, the going rate two years from now.

Cousins: You know you guys had me at 20 million a year after my first year starting where I led you to the playoffs.

Agent: That's enough Kirk.. no tit 4 tat now. So whadda say fella's? We want 28 per year over 5 years with ,,,, (rubs chin.. ponders) tell ya what,,, 90 million in guarantee.

Allen turns to Snyder who has a scorn and bitter look about him... and says... well, looks like I screwed the pooch on this one boss... soooooooo, you wanna go for pizza.

Snyder: ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a low ball effort at this point because they don't want him to sign.

Even if it is 24 million, they waited too long because they need to give KC a chance to counter.

We shall see. Either way, if nothing is signed before the deadline I (and I'm sure everyone else) would love to know what the final offer was.

If its $24-$25 million APY with a good structure and gm then I will blame Kirk and his camp for being greedy little fuckers.

If it isnt somewhere up near the Luck deal, then there is a legitimate case to blame to FO for being greedy little tightwad fuckers. I still stand by that he hasn't earned that deal, but as many of you say, that's the market value, so whatever, I would be good with it.

As far as waiting too long? Mehh. Not sure I buy that. I understand these things are complicated, but if BOTH sides really want to do this, they can go in a room, lock the door for 12 hours, go back and forth, and hammer out a deal that is hopefully good for everybody. I am sure our FO realizes that if this doesnt get done, odds are KC won't be a Skin beyond '17.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just speculating, but up until this offseason, they didn't feel like he deserved or had earned a big $$$ deal. I'm in agreement.

Following this past season, they exclusive tagged him, so that shows some sort of commitment. Now, what has (or hasn't) happened since March...I'm not sure. The low ball deal they offered after the tag, maybe it was a de-facto starting point for negotiations as far as Allen was concerned. What does everyone expect? Our FO to start at or above the tag number??

Bottom line, it seems like these types of deals don't get done until days, even hours leading up to the deadline. Doesn't seem like our FO is too worried about busting it out today, and doesn't seem like the KC is beating down the doors wanting it done today either. It's a big game of chicken.

Actually, they should start near the tag because they have admitted that is his value already.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok VT so what does this prove ? first off mark tyler is no better then i am , an unpaid writer for hogs haven , and dont get me wrong i like his articles and agree with him alot . however he is wrong , KC is on Video saying he wants to be a redskins player and he wants to be wanted . so that is my first point .

I sincerely hope your right dad, but all the video I've seen of KC addressing this point hasn't been very convincing.

I remember OJ on video saying he didn't kill Ron, and Nicole. I also remember my ex-wife saying she "wants to be wanted" before I had to file for divorce after finding out she was banging my neighbor. Cost me a fortune, even though it wasn't my fault. Probably how the FO of the Skins is feeling right now...hope I'm wrong about KC.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care what the offer is or was. If they had signed him for $5 million or $25 million I think the right thing to do was to get this done .... that goes for both sides. I don't think one side has angel wings and one has a pitch fork. It is what it is.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they should start near the tag because they have admitted that is his value already.

Well, I'm not gonna argue with you over the price gk. We have all beat that like a dead horse on the other thread. But the Luck deal would be more than fair. If he were to turn that down then it would be pretty obvious to me that he doesn't care anything about this organization, staff, and fanbase and anything that he has ever said in that regard was complete and utter bullshit. And that is ok if he goes down that road, its his life. But I hope he wouldn't expect to not catch some deserved heat and scrutiny over it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm not gonna argue with you over the price gk. We have all beat that like a dead horse on the other thread. But the Luck deal would be more than fair. If he were to turn that down then it would be pretty obvious to me that he doesn't care anything about this organization, staff, and fanbase and anything that he has ever said in that regard was complete and utter bullshit. And that is ok if he goes down that road, its his life. But I hope he wouldn't expect to not catch some deserved heat and scrutiny over it.

I won't give him a bit of grief over it. That was last season's market. KC has already been told his value this season is 24 million. He shouldn't sign lower than that. From there, he should never take a pay cut. This is all on the FO...end of story.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, gk is right. The redskins set his market value at a minimum of $24m one they tagged him. He didn't set it there, they did. They implicitly admitted that he is worth that to them. not sure how that isn't obvious. As for if KC turns down a fair offer, fine. He chose his personal motivations over the team. Whatever. But it goes both ways, right? If the team never offers him a fair deal, then they need to be held to the same scrutiny you have predetermined KC is guilty of, correct?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, gk is right. The redskins set his market value at a minimum of $24m one they tagged him. He didn't set it there, they did. They implicitly admitted that he is worth that to them. not sure how that isn't obvious. As for if KC turns down a fair offer, fine. He chose his personal motivations over the team. Whatever. But it goes both ways, right? If the team never offers him a fair deal, then they need to be held to the same scrutiny you have predetermined KC is guilty of, correct?

Yes, Absolutely. If the FO doesn't offer a "fair" deal then I will stick my foot in mouth, reverse course, and say so. I am prideful but don't mind admitting when I am wrong.

I just have a sneaky suspicion that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes/more to this story than "the front office won't offer a fair deal". I don't think KC and his agent are pining for a LTD because it will benefit him more ($$$) over the course of his career to play on the tag again.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is what everyone has is their own ideas, their own suspicions. None of us know. I really don't know what difference it makes he either signs or he doesn't. Who the fuck cares why .... if he doesn't then where does the team turn. That is my only question. One I won't know the answer to until it happens.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. But his article still raises some valid points outside of his ABC mentality. He even praises KC, so he is far from a hater.

Regardless, my post wasn't about Darnold. It was about, Does KC really want to be a Skin? I'm not sure he does.

The validity of his questions not withstanding, the intent of his article is agenda driven. There for I do question the honesty and tone of his article because it is intended to convince people that Kirk doesnt want to be here or at least question if Kirk wants to be here.