• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has anyone asked KC

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until when? Anybody who thought anything else of him before 2015 is full of shit.
Well,, the shanahans' did, as did Bellicheck. But in general as to anyone on this board I agree with you.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also..the last line of that post from j_y...I think I know what its referencing and he was wrong.

Cousins had the worst era adjusted INT rate EVER pre 2015. So saying he turns the ball over like no one that ever became a good QB really was true. Obviously Cousins is now the first too have done so after having had such a turnover prone start.
Hey...What? I was wrong? That can't be right!

I'm not even sure what post you are referring to but I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding.......

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC was not very good the first 3 years, and 9 starts of his NFL career. And from what I watched then, I thought he was a backup at best. The difference now? Two words.

JAY GRUDEN

KC has turned into a solid NFL QB, thanks to JG.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC was not very good the first 3 years, and 9 starts of his NFL career. And from what I watched then, I thought he was a backup at best. The difference now? Two words.

JAY GRUDEN

KC has turned into a solid NFL QB, thanks to JG.

YOu dont think system and scheme fit had ANYTHING to do with that.

Cousins first three years in the league our offense was designed to run for a skill set directly opposite to his. I know these guys are pro's, but really it takes more than a few days to adjust to a QB change.

I tended to think if he was given the time, he would have turned into a solid QB under Kyle Shanahan as well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cousins first three years in the league our offense was designed to run for a skill set directly opposite to his. I know these guys are pro's, but really it takes more than a few days to adjust to a QB change.

I tended to think if he was given the time, he would have turned into a solid QB under Kyle Shanahan as well.

Or the difference could be it is his team. It is no longer a dysfunctional offense without a leader.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...What? I was wrong? That can't be right!

I'm not even sure what post you are referring to but I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding.......

Haha all good didn't mean to throw ya under the bus.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,, the shanahans' did, as did Bellicheck. But in general as to anyone on this board I agree with you.

To what extent though. They both let him sit there til the 4th round. Hell Sportster and I both liked him before the draft and liked the pick but I don't think either of us really deserve too much credit for it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To what extent though. They both let him sit there til the 4th round. Hell Sportster and I both liked him before the draft and liked the pick but I don't think either of us really deserve too much credit for it.

Come on now. We had just traded away four picks to take Griffin. People flipped a gasket (me included) when we used a 4th rounder to take Kirk. Could you imagine the outrage from the fan base AND the owner, had we

Taken Griffin in the first
Not had a 2nd rounder because of the trade
Then taken Cousins in the 3rd round??

I honestly dont think Mike expected him to be there in the 4th.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Full disclosure... when the pick was announced to be Cousins, Im pretty sure my response was something along the lines of

"Fuck we just traded half a draft to get a QB, and our third pick is another fucking QB?? Who the fuck is Kirk Cousins any way??"

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full disclosure... when the pick was announced to be Cousins, Im pretty sure my response was something along the lines of

"Fuck we just traded half a draft to get a QB, and our third pick is another fucking QB?? Who the fuck is Kirk Cousins any way??"

I was pretty shocked and had mixed feelings about using a 4th on another qb but I loved cousins pre draft and I was ok with the pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty shocked and had mixed feelings about using a 4th on another qb but I loved cousins pre draft and I was ok with the pick.

Once the trade was made, I had figured aside from Griffin the entire draft was going to be depth. At the time I was hoping for D-line or LB help. A QB was NOT what I expected, but again since i thought the trade was a horrible idea and would fail.. I figured we had basically wasted an entire draft at the time.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO, I don't deserve any credit. Hell I thought Wilson was too short to play QB. Because we are Penn State fans we see guys from the Big 10 more. They also play in pro style offenses more but that is changing with Meyer and Franklin coaching now.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, I don't deserve any credit. Hell I thought Wilson was too short to play QB. Because we are Penn State fans we see guys from the Big 10 more. They also play in pro style offenses more but that is changing with Meyer and Franklin coaching now.

I got wilson, luck (i mean everybody got this one right), foles, and Cousins right from that draft I guess but I missed badly on rg3 (obviously) and I think I was down on tannehill and he's been pretty solid. All guess work anyways I guess lol.

Yea right now I can't think of any real big 10 qb prospects. That pro style is going away a bit there I guess. I'm glad though. I like where the offense is much better with mcsorley than I did with hackenburg.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty sure Indy wasn't going to screw up and not take Luck. My two guys were Tannehill and Cousins. I thought Wilson was too short and didn't have a good feel for Foles.

I think the Redskins would have taken Beathard this year if San Fran had not grabbed him. He is probably a career backup but I think he has a chance to hang around a few years.

Hackenburg played so well under BoB but was in the wrong offense under Franklin. Reports I have heard about hi in NY are not good though.

There was a couple of guys named Brady and Brees that seemed to work out.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the term "scheme fit" is a bit overused anomaly IMO. KC didn't do very well under the coaching of the Shanahans. He had time to learn. But when he had his chance to step in, he didn't play very well most of that time.

BTW, I don't think if he leaves Washington Cousins will end up in SF partly because of that.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not gonna lie, I almost said the exact same thing...except I used the word "fuck" about 10x more.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the term "scheme fit" is a bit overused anomaly IMO. KC didn't do very well under the coaching of the Shanahans. He had time to learn. But when he had his chance to step in, he didn't play very well most of that time.

BTW, I don't think if he leaves Washington Cousins will end up in SF partly because of that.

I will say it like this Mitz.... For the first three years here our entire offense was designed around the Skillset of Griffin. The WR's, RB's and coaches for that matter were all working off of a system designed for Griffin. Now when Kirk got his "Chances" it required the Wrs to develop timing with him, as he plays totally different than Griffin did. Think of it like this, a left handed person trying to learn to pitch with his right hand because the only gloves they have are for right handed pitchers. I dont think its coincidence that once Kirk was named the starter, and started working with the starters that the entire offense improved.

You can fault him for pressing young, and throwing too many picks, but the flip side of that is the number of sacks between the two QBs was night and day.

And I also think if Kyle is given a choice between signing Kirk and using his first rounder to fill another hole, or drafting a Rookie QB, I think he leans towards Kirk because he likely knows he can design an offense to work with Kirk and doesnt have to use the first two years teaching another QB how he thinks and what he expects.