• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hardy appeal

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players got the shaft in the last CBA. There is no reason the NFL should take this long for a rulling. For the next CBA the league will have a lot of throw away leverage to use.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything over 4 would mean more bad publicity for the nfl.

Bad publicity that outside of football fans no one will care. In fact the lower number will bring bad publicity that non fans will care about. I truly think the delay means they cut the penalty by a large chunk. If they left it at a high number they'd announce it and say they areally trying to fix the problem and point fingers at the players.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad publicity that outside of football fans no one will care. In fact the lower number will bring bad publicity that non fans will care about. I truly think the delay means they cut the penalty by a large chunk. If they left it at a high number they'd announce it and say they areally trying to fix the problem and point fingers at the players.

You have completely missed the ideological war that is being waged against the NFL.
The loudest criticism of the NFL since the Ray Rice video is not coming from the fans or even ESPN.

It's coming from CNN, MSNBC, NBC, NY Times, The Washington post.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-throw-the-bums-out.html?_r=0

Roger Goodell shows he hasnt changed - The Washington Post

Roger Goodell, start respecting women (Opinion) - CNN.com

Look Harry Reid ...jumping in.

Harry Reid slams NFL and Roger Goodell on DeflateGate and racist Redskins name - The Washington Post

Remember Janay Rice going on the today show? She gets knocked out by her husband but on TV she calls Goodell a liar.

riiiice.jpg

A piece on just how over the top the media has gone after Goodell

The Media's Absurd NFL Hysteria - Rich Lowry - POLITICO Magazine

Regardless of why they are holding up the announcement. Goodell knows that 'everybody" cares when it comes to bad news and the NFL.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herr Goodell is a POS and needs replaced

I have met drug dealers more honest than Goodell at least with them you know what your dealing with

Honestly I thought he might just be what the NFL needed Damn was I wrong

Pete Rozelle is spinning in his grave

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herr Goodell is a POS and needs replaced

I have met drug dealers more honest than Goodell at least with them you know what your dealing with

Honestly I thought he might just be what the NFL needed Damn was I wrong

Pete Rozelle is spinning in his grave

Every Captain does a great job in calm seas.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have completely missed the ideological war that is being waged against the NFL.
The loudest criticism of the NFL since the Ray Rice video is not coming from the fans or even ESPN.

It's coming from CNN, MSNBC, NBC, NY Times, The Washington post.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-throw-the-bums-out.html?_r=0

Roger Goodell shows he hasnt changed - The Washington Post

Roger Goodell, start respecting women (Opinion) - CNN.com

Look Harry Reid ...jumping in.

Harry Reid slams NFL and Roger Goodell on DeflateGate and racist Redskins name - The Washington Post

Remember Janay Rice going on the today show? She gets knocked out by her husband but on TV she calls Goodell a liar.

riiiice.jpg

A piece on just how over the top the media has gone after Goodell

The Media's Absurd NFL Hysteria - Rich Lowry - POLITICO Magazine

Regardless of why they are holding up the announcement. Goodell knows that 'everybody" cares when it comes to bad news and the NFL.

I dont think Hardy's suspension will change the fans opinion one way or another. Now if Hardy's suspension is dropped to two or four games many non football fans will speak loud. If it stays at 10 or even 8 games those who hate Goodell will voice their opinion.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Captain does a great job in calm seas.

With respect R.J you need to do some research on Pete Rozelle.

Its not like he piloted a oil tanker in the pacific with only blue sky and stars at night The NFL had issues back then that Pete guided them through.

Goodell issues as commissioner are different. I think he has botched the job but that's just my opinion and that and 5.50 might get you a coffee and a slice of banana bread at starbucks

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With respect R.J you need to do some research on Pete Rozelle.

Its not like he piloted a oil tanker in the pacific with only blue sky and stars at night The NFL had issues back then that Pete guided them through.

Goodell issues as commissioner are different. I think he has botched the job but that's just my opinion and that and 5.50 might get you a coffee and a slice of banana bread at starbucks

No research is necessary. Has there been a better commissioner than Rozelle? That's an easy no.

But you have to realize that no NFL commissioner would have come out of this era alive.
95% of this NFL storm was not caused by it's own actions but by the reactions to player behavior.

Has Goodell screwed the pooch on a number of occasions, sure. But were they really in no win situation, Yes they are.

ragman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By taking this long to decide the length of Hardy's suspension, the NFL has shown not only its arrogance, but also its incompetence.

huntingpa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point im almost expecting to see 2 games and maybe even a complete reversal. He set comparison with Ray Rice

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured out why the league is delaying the announcement.
Word is Henderson is knocking off 6 games, but the league is insisting more. The league thinks that if they wait until week 6 to announce Hardy won't be allowed to play because the 10 games are still the punishment. This way they will still have him our for 6 weeks.

OK, I really have no clue why the delay but at this point anything is possible.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league thinks that if they wait until week 6 to announce Hardy won't be allowed to play because the 10 games are still the punishment. This way they will still have him our for 6 weeks.

I don't see any way this decision doesn't come before training camp. I'm not sure how the legality of the situation would play out, but if the NFL tried to hold off on releasing the Hardy decision well into the season, I have to imagine the NFLPA would have something to say about that.

Once the Brady decision is released, I expect the Hardy decision to follow quickly. I get the impression that the NFL will use the Brady decision as a means to distract from Hardy. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the decisions for both are released on the same day

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how in the world Brady could be have his results released before Hardy. Seems they would at least release them on the same day.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how in the world Brady could be have his results released before Hardy. Seems they would at least release them on the same day.
I think they are holding back the Hardy ruling as a buffer for Brady's one way or the other. Either they are reducing Brady, which will bring heat to the league, after which they leave Hardy with 10 games to prove how tough they are, or, if Hardy is reduced to say 4 or 6, then Brady keeps the 4 games to balance it out. It's hard for me to imagine any scenario where the rulings are released around the same time with both guys suspensions getting reduced

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I am shocked that no decision has come down yet. NFLPA filed the appeal on behalf of Hardy April 24, the hearing was heard on May 26, and here we are nearly a month and a half later still waiting. I don't care what your feelings for Greg Hardy are, but this is screaming of prejudice against Greg Hardy, the Dallas Cowboys (Jerry Jones), or both. It took Ray Rice 3 weeks from the time of his appeal to have a decision issued, and that was the longest an appeal decision had taken up to that point in the NFL (I think). Appeal decisions are usually made within 7-10 days in the NFL in most cases.

I find it hard to believe this delay is all just coincidence. This decision has major cap implications for Dallas, and the decision one way or another could determine future signings for the Cowboys. For instance, let's say a quality player gets released by another organization (ala Mathis from Philly) but the decision on Hardy doesn't come until August, if the suspension is held at 10 games that will free up a sizable amount of cap space for Dallas, but they may miss out on the opportunity to land potential free agents because of the delay of the decision.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I am shocked that no decision has come down yet. NFLPA filed the appeal on behalf of Hardy April 24, the hearing was heard on May 26, and here we are nearly a month and a half later still waiting. I don't care what your feelings for Greg Hardy are, but this is screaming of prejudice against Greg Hardy, the Dallas Cowboys (Jerry Jones), or both. It took Ray Rice 3 weeks from the time of his appeal to have a decision issued, and that was the longest an appeal decision had taken up to that point in the NFL (I think). Appeal decisions are usually made within 7-10 days in the NFL in most cases.

I find it hard to believe this delay is all just coincidence. This decision has major cap implications for Dallas, and the decision one way or another could determine future signings for the Cowboys. For instance, let's say a quality player gets released by another organization (ala Mathis from Philly) but the decision on Hardy doesn't come until August, if the suspension is held at 10 games that will free up a sizable amount of cap space for Dallas, but they may miss out on the opportunity to land potential free agents because of the delay of the decision.

It's a great point. It absolutely has to be made prior to training camp otherwise, like you said, it is hindering the team's ability to manage it's cap. Although, after the BS cap penalties that were handed out a few years ago to us I don't think the NFL front office really cares about doing the right thing.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great point. It absolutely has to be made prior to training camp otherwise, like you said, it is hindering the team's ability to manage it's cap. Although, after the BS cap penalties that were handed out a few years ago to us I don't think the NFL front office really cares about doing the right thing.

That incident right there is why I tend to believe this is the NFL (and a select group of owners) conspiring against the Dallas Cowboys. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but this shit doesn't add up...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's all about timing with league damage control the number one prerequisite. I also think Hardy and Brady will hear from their appeal's any day now.

also....I'm no self proclaimed cap expert, just a football fan, but it was my understanding that all incentives have to fit under the team's cap as if they would be met.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's all about timing with league damage control the number one prerequisite I also think Hardy and Brady will hear from their appeal's any day now.

also....I'm no self proclaimed cap expert, just a football fan, but it was my understanding that all incentives have to fit under the team's cap as if they would be met.

I'm certainly no expert on the cap, but I believe that if the suspension is upheld at 10 games Dallas only has to have room for a prorated 6 game portion of Hardy's 11.3 million cap hit. No matter what (unless the suspension is completely overturned) Dallas will not have to fit all 11.3 million under the cap. If it's a 10 game suspension Dallas only needs to fit 4.23 million, if it's a 4 game suspension Dallas needs to fit 8.5 million under the cap. An additional 4 million dollars of cap space could get you a decent player...

Edit: Dallas could also use that 4 million to front load Dez's first year on his new deal.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is even a 1% chance that the case is being treated any differently because its the Cowboys. Do you really think that? Sounds like something NE fans would say.

And we aren't going to use those FA dollars on a player at this point any way IMO. Maybe tinkering here or there at the roster cut down date which is still months away anyway. If anything we will just structure Dez's contract differently depending on how Hardy's suspension impacts this year's cap.