• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh vs Pete Finebaum

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, it wasn't even Finebaum who made the comments. He was off and it was a guy named Peter Burns that actually made the comments.

But please, tell us all how Finebaum is building his career off Harbaugh.

:lol:

Yes and Finnebaum didn't change the name of his show to Pete Finnebaum after Harbaugh's response

And Finnebaum didn't say Harbaugh isn't the best coach in his own family

And Finnebaum didn't call out the entire UM fan base

And Finnebaum didn't call Harbaugh the Donald Trump of CFB

And Finnebaum didn't call Harbaugh an evil genius

And Finnebaum didn't say Harbaugh was one of the smartest coaches in CFB in a long time

The guy wants nothing more than to try and get into the national media. He is obsessed with Harbaugh. I could post 20+ comments he has made pertaining to him and Harbaugh has NOTHING to do with the SEC.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Hoke have two top ten recruiting classes in back to back years? Did he have to do these wild and crazy attention whore things to grab them? Maybe it's the Block M bringing in these classes and not Harbaugh sleeping with recruits that is doing it.
Isn't Hoke the one that recruited the 14 some odd players going to the combine this year?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Hoke the one that recruited the 14 some odd players going to the combine this year?

Wouldn't surprise me. One thing for sure is UofM has never had an issue getting damn good talent. I mean JH took Hoke's kids & doubled the W total in 1 year. Talent wasn't the problem while Hoke was in ann arbor. Hoke was the problem, he wasn't a good HC. But some UofM fans pretend he recruited garbage players & JH arrived, waved a magic wand & all those shitty players Hoke did recruit got better overnight.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me. One thing for sure is UofM has never had an issue getting damn good talent. I mean JH took Hoke's kids & doubled the W total in 1 year. Talent wasn't the problem while Hoke was in ann arbor. Hoke was the problem, he wasn't a good HC. But some UofM fans pretend he recruited garbage players & JH arrived, waved a magic wand & all those shitty players Hoke did recruit got better overnight.

Hoke brought in quite a bit of talent. His biggest misses were at QB and in college, if you don't have an elite QB -- you are going to struggle to win. The one exception is Bama and they are basically the only team in CFB who has NFL ready players across the board on defense, as well as a stacked OL and stable of 5 star RB's.

And if you look at the classes Hoke signed. Many of the top recruits who made them highly ranked classes were complete busts. The highest rated class Hoke signed -- I believe 7 of the top 8 guys never saw the field or were only used in garbage time. It was the lower ranked recruits who turned out to be really good over the last couple years.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help a lot of you out here:

1. Finnebaum is not a journalist and hasn't been for 25 years. You might be able to make an argument that he was a columnist up to about a decade ago but that's gone too.
2. Finnebaum is an Entertainer (like a clown at the circus) that happens to do his routine on sports' topics.
3. He caters to the lowest common denominator of the public and I mean that literally.

Finnebaum literally talks crap about anyone and everyone and simply moves story to story. Do you want to know why he picked on Michigan? It's simple he starting to get Ohio callers and he catered to their "taste" to pick up ratings and his Harbaugh comments were pretty tame for him from what I read.

This blew up when Harbaugh responded and now Paul will ride the bus because his ratings will increase during the off season and make his show less boring.

Harbaugh responded to fire up his fan base, get clicks and keep his program in the news.

Neither of these guys are stupid and both know what they are doing. Put them in the same room and it would be a love fest. If you are getting excited or up in arms about this then consider yourself officially the lowest common denominator of the public. Congrats!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Bama almost every week this year and not a single time was Finnebaum on the broadcast. I watched every single UM game and not a single time was Finnebaum on the broadcast. I watched night games on Fox and CBS and not a single time was Finnebaum on the broadcast.

And I've never watched a single second of the SEC network........because it is not broadcast in the Midwest. I had no clue he even had a radio show.........because the closest state to Michigan who airs his show is Tennessee. I was wrong -- it isn't 900 miles for the closest state -- it is 725 miles.

He works for the SEC. I'm sure he is all over the place in the south. In the Midwest -- he is nowhere.

Finebaum works for ESPN. He's all over ESPN on their college stuff. His show is on SECN, but he is a regular on ESPN shows.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and Finnebaum didn't change the name of his show to Pete Finnebaum after Harbaugh's response

And Finnebaum didn't say Harbaugh isn't the best coach in his own family

And Finnebaum didn't call out the entire UM fan base

And Finnebaum didn't call Harbaugh the Donald Trump of CFB

And Finnebaum didn't call Harbaugh an evil genius

And Finnebaum didn't say Harbaugh was one of the smartest coaches in CFB in a long time

The guy wants nothing more than to try and get into the national media. He is obsessed with Harbaugh. I could post 20+ comments he has made pertaining to him and Harbaugh has NOTHING to do with the SEC.

Funny thing about your post: He said those things on an ESPN football show, not on the SECN or his own show.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finebaum works for ESPN. He's all over ESPN on their college stuff. His show is on SECN, but he is a regular on ESPN shows.

He was hired by ESPN because.......they were starting the SEC network. Hell -- his own Wiki page literally says that, as well as saying he is a southeastern sports talk radio personality.

It even lists the states his radio show is syndicated to:
Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
Mississippi
Tennessee
Arkansas
Florida

As you can see -- SEC country, nowhere near the Midwest.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hired by ESPN because.......they were starting the SEC network. Hell -- his own Wiki page literally says that, as well as saying he is a southeastern sports talk radio personality.

Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
Mississippi
Tennessee
Arkansas
Florida

So areas that Harbaugh is trying to get recruits from?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about your post: He said those things on an ESPN football show, not on the SECN or his own show.

Priceless that you call someone a bandwagon fan and then call 'outside the lines' a "football show on ESPN":pound:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So areas that Harbaugh is trying to get recruits from?

Without a doubt. I never said Harbaugh doesn't benefit from Finnebaum's obsession. I just said Finnebaum continually talks about him because he knows it will get him national media time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, on ESPN. Yet, you claim you never heard of Finebaum until now despite being a college fan for years.

:lol:

Even funnier - most of the time it's non SEC fans who mention Paul.

OTL is on at 1 pm weekdays and 9 am on sundays. I can't believe I haven't had the chance to watch him. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
Mississippi
Tennessee
Arkansas
Florida

Paul Finebaum made his living trolling Alabama and Auburn fans. His radio show started being broadcast on the SECN and he moved to national media years ago.

OTL is on at 1 pm weekdays and 9 am on sundays. I can't believe I haven't had the chance to watch him. :L

Priceless that you call someone a bandwagon fan and then call 'outside the lines' a "football show on ESPN":pound:

I don't even have cable, and I count the number of times I watched/listened to Paul on 1 hand. So what's your point?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Finebaum made his living trolling Alabama and Auburn fans. His radio show started being broadcast on the SECN and he moved to national media years ago.

I don't even have cable, and I count the number of times I watched/listened to Paul on 1 hand. So what's your point?

Maybe you missed it. I literally posted where his show is aired. So yes, if you consider SEC country as the national media, I cannot help you.

And maybe you shouldn't speak about 'football shows' on ESPN when you don't even have cable.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you missed it. I literally posted where his show is aired. So yes, if you consider SEC country as the national media, I cannot help you.

And maybe you shouldn't speak about 'football shows' on ESPN when you don't even have cable.

His show is broadcast on SECN which is available across the entire country.

Additionally, he is a regular on ESPN college shows.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His show is broadcast on SECN which is available across the entire country.

Additionally, he is a regular on ESPN college shows.

The SEC network is available in SEC country. Just like the B1G network is available in B1G country, etc.

Stations cater to their market. Only way you are getting a channel like the SEC network is if you subscribe and pay for it. Even then, only a select few cable companies carry it and those companies only cover certain areas.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC network is available in SEC country. Just like the B1G network is available in B1G country, etc.

Stations cater to their market. Only way you are getting a channel like the SEC network is if you subscribe and pay for it. Even then, only a select few cable companies carry it and those companies only cover certain areas.

Ummm no. The SEC Network is available across the country.

It's $1.40 a month in "SEC Country" and only $0.25 for the rest of the country.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no. The SEC Network is available across the country.

It's $1.40 a month in "SEC Country" and only $0.25 for the rest of the country.

Get cable before passing off what the 'rest of the country' will pay for a channel no one cares about.

The midwest gets a game of the week from the SEC on CBS. Unless you have a friend who swims, wrestles or does gymnastics in the SEC -- the network is pointless.

The SECN is 'national' like the B1G network is. If you want to pay for it. You can get it.