• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh vs Pete Finebaum

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with arrogance or Michigan. It has to do with Harbaugh. The national media takes anything said by or about him and make it a story because they know it will get hits.

My comments about Finnebaum are simply the truth. Without making comments about Harbaugh -- Finnebaum is non-existent outside SEC circles.
Damn you're stupid.

Harbaugh acts crazy to get the clicks and the press obliges because it's good fodder.

1. Sleeps over at a recruits home
2. Takes team to Florida for spring break
3. Takes team to Europe
4. Jumps in pool after a recruit commits

The guy is screaming 24/7 for attention and I have no idea how you don't see it.

As for Finnebaum and SEC circles I'm constantly amazed at how many people on this site quote him, post his clips or bring him up and it's not just SEC people. I'm shocked at how many people pay attention to that idiot.

I quit listening to him 10 years ago because he starting focusing on being the ring master of the public' lowest common denominator. I am amused when jokers like you fall for his crap hook line and sinker.

But make no mistake Harbaugh went after Finnebaum to get clicks just like he does when acting stupid and jumping in a pool.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you're stupid.

Harbaugh acts crazy to get the clicks and the press obliges because it's good fodder.

1. Sleeps over at a recruits home
2. Takes team to Florida for spring break
3. Takes team to Europe
4. Jumps in pool after a recruit commits

The guy is screaming 24/7 for attention and I have no idea how you don't see it.

As for Finnebaum and SEC circles I'm constantly amazed at how many people on this site quote him, post his clips or bring him up and it's not just SEC people. I'm shocked at how many people pay attention to that idiot.

I quit listening to him 10 years ago because he starting focusing on being the ring master of the public' lowest common denominator. I am amused when jokers like you fall for his crap hook line and sinker.

But make no mistake Harbaugh went after Finnebaum to get clicks just like he does when acting stupid and jumping in a pool.

Harbaugh was the same when he was a player at UM (guaranteeing a win against OSU), he was the same in the NFL (he almost got in a fist fight after a game with Jim Schwartz)

I agree he has done quite a few things to spread the UM brand into recruiting regions otherwise UM has been locked out of in the past. But those things were the satellite camps, taking the team to Florida and stuff like that.

The other stuff Is only a big deal because the media makes it a big deal. It is who he is. It isn't a show, it is just his personality. The guy is just out there. He is a very good football coach, but he has a screw loose.

You only get to read about the stuff the national media reports on. It isn't an act. Locally they have stories about Harbaugh all the time. He is out there.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh was the same when he was a player at UM (guaranteeing a win against OSU), he was the same in the NFL (he almost got in a fist fight after a game with Jim Schwartz)

I agree he has done quite a few things to spread the UM brand into recruiting regions otherwise UM has been locked out of in the past. But those things were the satellite camps, taking the team to Florida and stuff like that.

The other stuff Is only a big deal because the media makes it a big deal. It is who he is. It isn't a show, it is just his personality. The guy is just out there. He is a very good football coach, but he has a screw loose.

You only get to read about the stuff the national media reports on. It isn't an act. Locally they have stories about Harbaugh all the time. He is out there.
Harbaugh is an attention whore and its that simple.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, where would Finebaum be if he didn't mention Harbaugh.

:lol:

Fucking Michigan fans.
These are the exact Michigan fans he is talking about, lol. I laugh my ass off every time someone brings up the .5 national championships in 70 years deal. Paul even has the Ohio State fans on his side now.........the same ones that hated him a year or two ago

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably don't realize how arrogant this statement is in regards to Michigan and actually confirms some of what Finnebaum said.

Congrats on being one of the mindless minions that he makes a living off of.
Finebaum finds things to be falsely outraged about to gain views. His entire existence relies on clicks and views, as do many of the guys like him. You know it's fake because he doesn't have the same outrage when Oregon hires the same guy Finebaum ranted about Michigan hiring for 2 weeks. And yes, we as fans do the same thing. If OSU does something I'm more inclined to be pissed about it than if Arizona State does the same thing....but here's the difference, we aren't hiding behind the veil of unbiased sports reporting.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and it works for him. That national attention puts Michigan on the 24 hour sports news cycle consistently and right in the face of recruits; hence two top 6 classes the past two years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So is everyone in the SEC. Harbaugh is just doing what Urban said the B1G would have to do to compete w the SEC, now the SEC elites are all crabby about it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and it works for him. That national attention puts Michigan on the 24 hour sports news cycle consistently and right in the face of recruits; hence two top 6 classes the past two years.
Didn't Hoke have two top ten recruiting classes in back to back years? Did he have to do these wild and crazy attention whore things to grab them? Maybe it's the Block M bringing in these classes and not Harbaugh sleeping with recruits that is doing it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like how Harbaugh is basically stalked by both media and fans 24/7, but he's the one with the attention issues. Suuuure.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Hoke have two top ten recruiting classes in back to back years? Did he have to do these wild and crazy attention whore things to grab them? Maybe it's the Block M bringing in these classes and not Harbaugh sleeping with recruits that is doing it.
There are other ways to do it, both are fine. The problem with Hoke's classes is that they were largely based on kids from the B10 footprint. We had 3-4 recruits in the 2013 class outside of that and 5-6 in the 2012 class. Compare that to 21 kids outside the B10 footprint in 2016 and 17 in 2017. I think that's where you're seeing Harbaugh's tactics pay off. We're starting to take kids out of Alabama and Georgia away from their hometown schools. I think you can recruit Mi, Oh, PA and other B10 schools with the name "Michigan" alone. But you walk into the state of Alabama or Georgia and you're going to need something else.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoa! He jumped in a pool!! Holy shit!!!!! WHAT A PRICK!

Cmon guys. Seriously?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finnebaum lost any credability here when he said Michael Johnson, with plenty of NFL and college experience, wasn't qualified for an analyst job at Michigan. That ignorance makes anything else he said irrelevant. And if he has nothing to say about the better job Johnson landed in Oregon then he just a hypocrit.

To his point though, I've heard this complaint a few times. I wonder what the people who complain about this expect? You want to hire good coaches. You want them to get better jobs elsewhere. You want to replace them with good coaches. You'd really like those new coaches to have inroads in recruiting, and you prefer those recruiting connections be in an area of the country you're not tapping yet. I mean really why else would you hire them?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, where would Finebaum be if he didn't mention Harbaugh.

Fucking Michigan fans.

The same place he is now. On air in SEC country and working for the SEC network. As I said, prior to him commenting repeatedly about Harbaugh -- I had no idea who he even was.

That is why I laughed at the auburn fan saying Harbaugh was using him. Anything Harbaugh does ends up in the national media. Finnebaum knows this, so he continues to talk about him to get his name out there.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, prior to him commenting repeatedly about Harbaugh -- I had no idea who he even was.

Bandwagon status confirmed. It's no coincidence that you just recently showed up here, as you obviously haven't been watching colllege football for very long.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finnebaum lost any credability here when he said Michael Johnson, with plenty of NFL and college experience, wasn't qualified for an analyst job at Michigan. That ignorance makes anything else he said irrelevant. And if he has nothing to say about the better job Johnson landed in Oregon then he just a hypocrit.

To his point though, I've heard this complaint a few times. I wonder what the people who complain about this expect? You want to hire good coaches. You want them to get better jobs elsewhere. You want to replace them with good coaches. You'd really like those new coaches to have inroads in recruiting, and you prefer those recruiting connections be in an area of the country you're not tapping yet. I mean really why else would you hire them?

You want to know why Finnebaum won't make a big deal about Johnson going to Oregon? Because he won't get any national attention by saying that.

I bet his next comment about it will be that Willie Taggart was recruited by Jim Harbaugh at Western Kentucky to play for Jack Harbaugh and that is how he learned to 'cheat'

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandwagon status confirmed. It's no coincidence that you just recently showed up here, as you obviously haven't been watching colllege football for very long.

Newsflash -- no one outside SEC country pays attention to SEC radio shows and the SEC network, unless you are a fan of a B1G, PAC 12, Big 12 team and you live and work in SEC country.

We not only don't get the SEC network in Michigan, but the closest state that broadcasts Finnebaum's show is 900 miles away.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Newsflash -- no one outside SEC country pays attention to SEC radio shows and the SEC network, unless you are a fan of a B1G, PAC 12, Big 12 team and you live and work in SEC country.

We not only don't get the SEC network in Michigan, but the closest state that broadcasts Finnebaum's show is 900 miles away.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a regular on ESPN and college football shows. The only way you don't know who Finebaum is would be if you don't watch college football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And btw, it wasn't even Finebaum who made the comments. He was off and it was a guy named Peter Burns that actually made the comments.

But please, tell us all how Finebaum is building his career off Harbaugh.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a regular on ESPN and college football shows. The only way you don't know who Finebaum is would be if you don't watch college football.

I watched Bama almost every week this year and not a single time was Finnebaum on the broadcast. I watched every single UM game and not a single time was Finnebaum on the broadcast. I watched night games on Fox and CBS and not a single time was Finnebaum on the broadcast.

And I've never watched a single second of the SEC network........because it is not broadcast in the Midwest. I had no clue he even had a radio show.........because the closest state to Michigan who airs his show is Tennessee. I was wrong -- it isn't 900 miles for the closest state -- it is 725 miles.

He works for the SEC. I'm sure he is all over the place in the south. In the Midwest -- he is nowhere.