• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh Busts nut on Bo's grave

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait......This cat never won a national title!?!?
I'm not sure you should be criticizing anyone specifically for not winning national titles. Put it this way, Oregon is one of the more dominant programs over the last 15 years despite not winning a national title. That's kind of where Bo was for 10-15 years. There was a few times where he got screwed over by the voting system of that era as well.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess National Championships, Rose bowl wins, bowl record, and heismans dont mean anything :noidea:

Bo didn't go out by punching a player from an opposing team on the sideline in front of a large TV audience either.

Woody Hayes' coaching record at Ohio State:
205-61-10, .761 Pct. at Ohio State
Bowl Record: 11 Bowls, 5-6, .455 Pct.
13 Big Ten Championships

Bo Schembechler's coaching record at Michigan:
234-65-8, .775 Pct. at Michigan
Bowl Record: 17 Bowls, 5-12, .294 Pct.
13 Big Ten Championships

Note that Schembechler has a better winning percentage at Michigan than Hayes had at Ohio State. I'll take his record doing things the right way over Hayes' record any day. Every Michigan football player who played for Bo Schembechler and stayed at Michigan for four years left Michigan with at least one Big Ten championship ring. Furthermore, not once did any Michigan player under Bo endure a losing season during his tenure.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Hayes' coaching record at Ohio State:
205-61-10, .761 Pct. at Ohio State
Bowl Record: 11 Bowls, 5-6, .455 Pct.
13 Big Ten Championships

Bo Schembechler's coaching record at Michigan:
234-65-8, .775 Pct. at Michigan
Bowl Record: 17 Bowls, 5-12, .294 Pct.
13 Big Ten Championships

Note that Schembechler has a better winning percentage at Michigan than Hayes had at Ohio State.

Wow a better winning %. Yet another moral victory for meeeechegan fans. National titles are more impressive than a better winning %. Zero natty's for Bo!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only that thinks that not trying to win every single game that you coach is a bad thing? You are putting these men's health and lives on the line and you aren't giving them 100% effort every single game? Why would Michigan fans celebrate that type of mentality?

"Hey kid, you may break your leg, get a concussion, and you will definitely live 20 years shorter than you should, but I don't care if we win this bowl game or not because we won a Big10 title."

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the good ole days.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a better winning %. Yet another moral victory for meeeechegan fans. National titles are more impressive than a better winning %. Zero natty's for Bo!

Yup, you're right. It was the one category where Schembechler fell short of the mark. Of course, you have to remember, Woody Hayes won 4 of them before Schembechler arrived at Michigan. And, they were won in a time when there was no BCS or CFP. Three of Hayes' NCs were consensus titles while two were disputed. Nevertheless, I'll give the man his due. But, the ugly controversies of Hayes tenure cannot be overlooked. I'll still take Schembechler over Hayes every time.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only that thinks that not trying to win every single game that you coach is a bad thing? You are putting these men's health and lives on the line and you aren't giving them 100% effort every single game? Why would Michigan fans celebrate that type of mentality?

"Hey kid, you may break your leg, get a concussion, and you will definitely live 20 years shorter than you should, but I don't care if we win this bowl game or not because we won a Big10 title."

What coach doesn't try to win every game?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, you're right. It was the one category where Schembechler fell short of the mark. Of course, you have to remember, Woody Hayes won 4 of them before Schembechler arrived at Michigan. And, they were won in a time when there was no BCS or CFP. Three of Hayes' NCs were consensus titles while two were disputed. Nevertheless, I'll give the man his due. But, the ugly controversies of Hayes tenure cannot be overlooked. I'll still take Schembechler over Hayes every time.

Yeah all Bo did was fall short in the most important category. Like I said...nothing more than a moral victory for meeeechegan fans.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coach doesn't try to win every game?
Bo. Every Michigan fan for eternity has said that Bo didn't care about winning bowl games or out of conference games as an excuse as to why he sucked in those situations. Either he tried and failed miserably at it or he didn't try and it's ok he lost.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hammered a nut on some dude's grave?

That's fucking weird, man.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo was 5-12 in Bowl Games.
Was 2-8 in the Rose Bowl.
Lost his first 7 Bowl Games.

Didn't want to be there. :D

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah all Bo did was fall short in the most important category. Like I said...nothing more than a moral victory for meeeechegan fans.

Yup. I'll still take Schembechler over Hayes every time. Let's see, disappointed because a coach's team didn't win an NC OR disappointed because a coach punches an opposing player who intercepted an Ohio State pass in front of a national TV audience. It's no contest. And that's not all, BTW. . .

In 1959, following a 17−0 loss to USC, Hayes threw a punch at sportswriter Al Bine, but missed and punched the brother of sports editor Bob Shafer in the back.

In a May 1965 meeting of Big Ten Conference athletic directors and coaches, Hayes nearly started a fight with Iowa's athletic director before being restrained.

In 1968, Hayes team won a game against rival Michigan 50–14. Late in that game, Ohio State held a commanding 44–14 advantage and scored one final touchdown. Rather than taking the more common extra point kick, Hayes instead opted for an unsuccessful two-point conversion, leading many football fans to believe that Hayes was running up the score.

Prior to the 1973 Rose Bowl, Hayes shoved a camera into the face of a news photographer; he was suspended for three games, fined $2,000, and left California under a subpoena.

In 1977, a late fumble at Michigan caused him to charge at ABC cameraman Mike Freedman, who recorded his frustration; Hayes was ejected, put on probation by the Big Ten Conference, and fined $2,000.

In the 1971 rivalry game against Michigan in Ann Arbor, furious over what he thought was a missed defensive pass interference foul committed by Michigan, Hayes stormed onto the field, launched a profane tirade at the referee and tore up the sideline markers, receiving a 15-yard unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty. Hayes then threw the penalty flag into the crowd, began destroying the yard markers, and threw the first-down marker into the ground like a javelin before being restrained by Buckeyes team officials; Hayes was then assessed an additional 15-yard penalty and ejected. Hayes was suspended for one game and fined $1000.

Yup, that "moral" victory looks pretty good from my point of view. Besides, overall Michigan has won more NCs and more games over Ohio State than Ohio State has won.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I'll still take Schembechler over Hayes every time. Let's see, disappointed because a coach's team didn't win an NC OR disappointed because a coach punches an opposing player who intercepted an Ohio State pass in front of a national TV audience. It's no contest. And that's not all, BTW. . .

In 1959, following a 17−0 loss to USC, Hayes threw a punch at sportswriter Al Bine, but missed and punched the brother of sports editor Bob Shafer in the back.

In a May 1965 meeting of Big Ten Conference athletic directors and coaches, Hayes nearly started a fight with Iowa's athletic director before being restrained.

In 1968, Hayes team won a game against rival Michigan 50–14. Late in that game, Ohio State held a commanding 44–14 advantage and scored one final touchdown. Rather than taking the more common extra point kick, Hayes instead opted for an unsuccessful two-point conversion, leading many football fans to believe that Hayes was running up the score.

Prior to the 1973 Rose Bowl, Hayes shoved a camera into the face of a news photographer; he was suspended for three games, fined $2,000, and left California under a subpoena.

In 1977, a late fumble at Michigan caused him to charge at ABC cameraman Mike Freedman, who recorded his frustration; Hayes was ejected, put on probation by the Big Ten Conference, and fined $2,000.

In the 1971 rivalry game against Michigan in Ann Arbor, furious over what he thought was a missed defensive pass interference foul committed by Michigan, Hayes stormed onto the field, launched a profane tirade at the referee and tore up the sideline markers, receiving a 15-yard unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty. Hayes then threw the penalty flag into the crowd, began destroying the yard markers, and threw the first-down marker into the ground like a javelin before being restrained by Buckeyes team officials; Hayes was then assessed an additional 15-yard penalty and ejected. Hayes was suspended for one game and fined $1000.

Yup, that "moral" victory looks pretty good from my point of view. Besides, overall Michigan has won more NCs and more games over Ohio State than Ohio State has won.

It's called passion for the game. :heh:

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo. Every Michigan fan for eternity has said that Bo didn't care about winning bowl games or out of conference games as an excuse as to why he sucked in those situations. Either he tried and failed miserably at it or he didn't try and it's ok he lost.

Of course, that doesn't mean he didn't TRY to win them.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called passion for the game. :heh:

I'll still take Schembechler over Hayes. He was also passionate about the game, doing the right thing, and building character in the young men he coached.