• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh Busts nut on Bo's grave

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo, and national titles?? That is news to me....

He has the same number of national titles as Rich Rodriguez at Michigan.

He was basically Frank Beamer with a cool rivalry game.
Although Beamer actually won bowl games which Bo hardly ever did.

Bo was a great man and tremendous leader, but he never really won anything outside of the Big 10.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um..now I don't know anything about Michigans history, I've heard things about a rusty nail thanks to a Michigan poster here, but isn't Bo the reason that Michigan even has history? As in, all your titles, besides the shared one in 97 won under Bo?

Fielding Yost is the name you're looking for. 6 natties.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait......This cat never won a national title!?!?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the few Michigan fans that thought Bo was kinda overrated and somewhat of an underachiever.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get something straight...I don't like you. You smell like desperation, you look like fresh-hammered shit, and you make small children cry.

But that title wins.

Uh, thanks

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Cleveland won a championship, someone was busting a nut in Shanemansj's mom's mom.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness

Schembechler is a strange case. We can all agree (even Buckeyes and Spartans) that he is one of the biggest names and all time great coaches.

But, if you look at his results.....he has a very empty trophy case.

He was a head coach for SEVENTEEN seasons before winning his first bowl game. That seems unfathomable.
It was a diffrent era no doubt. Big 10 regular season titles had far more value obviously.

So, it is really impossible to judge him.
He feels like a GREAT coach, but he doesnt have the tangible results of a GREAT coach.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness

Schembechler is a strange case. We can all agree (even Buckeyes and Spartans) that he is one of the biggest names and all time great coaches.

He was a head coach for SEVENTEEN seasons before winning his first bowl game. That seems unfathomable.
It was a diffrent era no doubt. Big 10 regular season titles had far more value obviously.

He feels like a GREAT coach, but he doesnt have the tangible results of a GREAT coach.
I agree he was a horrible postseason coach. And it wasn't like his teams lacked talent either. He just underachieved once the new calendar year hit. Plain and simple.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he might love Michigan man, but he might love it too much.

This guy is starting to freak me out.

Like this time next year, I could see Harbaugh digging up Bo's grave and getting into the casket with him while the local media takes pictures and Harbaugh just loving it and rolling around in that thing.
That's fine with me so long as he wins football games

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness

12 years, 8 bowl games before he won his first. And yes, Big Ten titles always seemed to be his focus. 13 of those in 21 seasons is pretty special. Bo treated the OOC schedule as scrimmages, to get prepared for the Big Ten schedule. I can only guess he was dismissive of bowl games also. But at the end of the day, he was a teacher, a mentor and father figure, he has a fairly impressive coaching tree, and he knew football. His teams won and even if they didn't win what we we all deem most important, it doesn't diminish what he was for college football and certainly not what he was for Michigan.