• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy Birthday Jim Harbaugh

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm i wonder why greg mattison isnt getting HC offers? Navynuke told me he was 10X better than narduzzi. Even tho narduzzi turned 2-3 stars into a top defense for multiple yrs while mattison was given 4-5 star kids. Check mlive out. Mich fans want the guy from florida. Say hes way better than mattison. Said theyre sick of his bend but dont break. Funny how much michigan fans say the opposite about crap. Except jim is a top 3 coach in all of football. Seriously mich fans on mlive have jim ahead of his brother, urban, carrol. Had only saban and belicheck better than jim.

How many great teams has harbaugh beat? I kno the pac was weak. I kno he beat oregon once and va tech in the bowl. But i looked at the 12-1 yr and couldnt find a huge win outside of the bowl game. Only other good team they played in reg season was oregon. And they lost to them

Brady hoke wouldve won in the weak pac with andrew luck too i believe. But hey. Hes a top 3 coach IN ALL OF FOOTBALL.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumblings that Harbaugh will be in Michigan within 48 hours after the last San Fran game.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan so desperate

The meltdown if he takes another NFL job is going to be amazing.

If it isn't Harbaugh, Michigan will be fine. I am hoping for Harbaugh, but only the future will tell whether he was the right choice (if he comes). In general, as a fan base are we excited: Yes. I think the AD change was bigger for Michigan than a coaching change.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh jerseys being sold in Detroit. Hmmm....does Adidas know something?

B5gjrxFIAAAnz-w.png

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm i wonder why greg mattison isnt getting HC offers? Navynuke told me he was 10X better than narduzzi. Even tho narduzzi turned 2-3 stars into a top defense for multiple yrs while mattison was given 4-5 star kids. Check mlive out. Mich fans want the guy from florida. Say hes way better than mattison. Said theyre sick of his bend but dont break. Funny how much michigan fans say the opposite about crap. Except jim is a top 3 coach in all of football. Seriously mich fans on mlive have jim ahead of his brother, urban, carrol. Had only saban and belicheck better than jim.

How many great teams has harbaugh beat? I kno the pac was weak. I kno he beat oregon once and va tech in the bowl. But i looked at the 12-1 yr and couldnt find a huge win outside of the bowl game. Only other good team they played in reg season was oregon. And they lost to them

Brady hoke wouldve won in the weak pac with andrew luck too i believe. But hey. Hes a top 3 coach IN ALL OF FOOTBALL.

Mattison is a billion years old and moved to Ann Arbor 1. To be with Hoke but 2. because his daughter, and now granddaughter, live in Ann Arbor. That's why he's not getting a head coaching job elsewhere. He's old and probably doesn't want to move again.

Many are even speculating that he'll make it onto the next staff in some capacity; especially if it's Harbaugh. Probably not as DC but some are speculating, since he's still under contract, that he'll end up coaching some aspect of the defense.

With that said, Narduzzi seems to be a very solid coach but having been tied to Dantonio all these years we really don't know how good. I'm guessing he'll be good at Pitt but we'll see.

Harbaugh took a tire fire that was Stanford and turned them into a powerhouse program that is still winning 3 or 4 years later. Doing what he did is no different than what Dantonio has done with MSU. Add onto that, that Harbaugh went to the NFL and, once again, turned a tire fire NFL program into a consistent winner. He won what....2 or 3 division titles with the 49ers? Your hatred for UM is really fogging your opinion on Harbaugh. Even if he never comes to UM, there's a reason we, and others, are pursuing him so hard.

And BTW, Hoke would have never done even remotely as good as Harbaugh at Stanford. He would have taken over that terrible team and it would have remained a terrible team.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B5gjrxFIAAAnz-w.png

I'm guessing they are more there for deveon smith...but that's just a guess.

mgoblue

I HAZ OPINIANZ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've only been a member for a few days but its obvious you have little brother syndrome by the amount of Michigan threads you can't keep yourself out of while attempting to stir the pot. This is why Michigan fans can continue to make fun of sparty fans. :pound:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumblings that Harbaugh will be in Michigan within 48 hours after the last San Fran game.

There's a ton of ramblings that a contract has been agreed upon and now Michigan is working with San Fran on some sort of buyout -- which is why the 49ers confirmed Michigan had been in contact with them. The Harbaugh contract is ready and agreed upon but not signed. If all goes as planned, the season will end with Michigan already having worked something out with the 49ers, Harbaugh will sign the contract and be the Michigan HC within a day or two of next Sunday.

The thing that all the insiders are saying though is that NFL teams can't really have formal contact with Harbaugh until that last game. So it's very important they get him signed ASAP after that last game. That's why no one is 100% on Harbaugh to Michigan yet -- they're more like 90%.

mgoblue

I HAZ OPINIANZ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B5gjrxFIAAAnz-w.png

You can tell by the tag it is an original jersey from when we switched to Adidas the first year. It is a Brandon Minor jersey, it was the only tackle twill from that year. Calm down people.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattison is a billion years old and moved to Ann Arbor 1. To be with Hoke but 2. because his daughter, and now granddaughter, live in Ann Arbor. That's why he's not getting a head coaching job elsewhere. He's old and probably doesn't want to move again.

Many are even speculating that he'll make it onto the next staff in some capacity; especially if it's Harbaugh. Probably not as DC but some are speculating, since he's still under contract, that he'll end up coaching some aspect of the defense.

With that said, Narduzzi seems to be a very solid coach but having been tied to Dantonio all these years we really don't know how good. I'm guessing he'll be good at Pitt but we'll see.

Harbaugh took a tire fire that was Stanford and turned them into a powerhouse program that is still winning 3 or 4 years later. Doing what he did is no different than what Dantonio has done with MSU. Add onto that, that Harbaugh went to the NFL and, once again, turned a tire fire NFL program into a consistent winner. He won what....2 or 3 division titles with the 49ers? Your hatred for UM is really fogging your opinion on Harbaugh. Even if he never comes to UM, there's a reason we, and others, are pursuing him so hard.

And BTW, Hoke would have never done even remotely as good as Harbaugh at Stanford. He would have taken over that terrible team and it would have remained a terrible team.

All of that is 100% true. It's very typical for the supporting cast of a head coach to stick around until the next coach is hired. There has to be someone trying to talk to players and recruits and let them know everything will be alright and to stay the course. When the next head coach is hired, that is when the walking papers are typically handed out.

You are ignoring the fact the the 49ers organization is once again a tire fire. Never have I seen an organization or a team turn so quickly against a head coach without something major happening. The Penn State players rallied around Joe Pa, but these players are throwing matches at Harbaugh.

Harbaugh will make a great coach but how long til everyone turns against him. Michigan might be in the same position searching for a new head coach in 4-5 years. Or they might be on top of the Big Ten, who knows.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that is 100% true. It's very typical for the supporting cast of a head coach to stick around until the next coach is hired. There has to be someone trying to talk to players and recruits and let them know everything will be alright and to stay the course. When the next head coach is hired, that is when the walking papers are typically handed out.

You are ignoring the fact the the 49ers organization is once again a tire fire. Never have I seen an organization or a team turn so quickly against a head coach without something major happening. The Penn State players rallied around Joe Pa, but these players are throwing matches at Harbaugh.

Harbaugh will make a great coach but how long til everyone turns against him. Michigan might be in the same position searching for a new head coach in 4-5 years. Or they might be on top of the Big Ten, who knows.

Sure, you can't predict the future -- but it's hard to argue that Harbaugh isn't our best available shot at being good again.

mgoblue

I HAZ OPINIANZ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just out of curiosity where have you seen the players turned on him, I havent seen anything about the players. The only things I have read is his riff with the management.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity where have you seen the players turned on him, I havent seen anything about the players. The only things I have read is his riff with the management.

earlier in the year Deion Sanders of NFL network reported the lockerroom hated him.

mgoblue

I HAZ OPINIANZ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
earlier in the year Deion Sanders of NFL network reported the lockerroom hated him.

They say nothing but the opposite now. Players love him, management hates him.

mgoblue

I HAZ OPINIANZ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err. I've not read that.

Point me to the link, only one i heard is Frank Gore. Last week on espns sunday pregame they were talking again about him being a players coach. Has his guys back through thick and thin.

Last edited by a moderator:

mgoblue

I HAZ OPINIANZ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything i can find about the players hating him is from a few months ago, nothing current.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been a member for a few days but its obvious you have little brother syndrome by the amount of Michigan threads you can't keep yourself out of while attempting to stir the pot. This is why Michigan fans can continue to make fun of sparty fans. :pound:

Yup things like the lil brother syndrome make me that way. Fun of sparty fans? What making fun of us playing in the cotton bowl? While you guys so desperately chase a guy even going as far as tweeting happy bday?

Maybe since youre new you didnt see the homer arrogant navy nuke guy tell me how great um was going to be this yr. or how great hoke is. The guy never shuts up about how good michigan is.

And if u havent noticed theres like 85 threads involving jim harbaugh. But im sure if roles were reversed im sure um fans wouldnt be ragging sparty fans. I mean you guys are too good for that. Right big sister?