• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hakeem Nicks rumors

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Britt would be worth a conditional 5th rounder.

On the condition he finishes the year.

But I can also see Mayhew and co. avoiding bringing him in with all the off field issue the Lions HAD.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think the lions are that deep at RB that there 3rd stringer would start elsewhere..........i mean he may, but hes not worth top wideout talent

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the TB Mike Williams idea for cheap as he's under control for 5 more years, but $6.67MM is pretty steep for a #2WR. I agree he'd be available for a fifth or less, but he's got a bad hammy.

Britt for a seventh I'd roll the dice on, but FA after this year. Nicks I wouldn't trade Leshoure for since Leshoure is under control for 2 more years, unless the Giants send a pick the other way. Denarious Moore I'd love, but why would the Raiders give up one of their few young talents?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda stupid counter-argument from the Steelers 'fan' (most Steelers fans know a lot more about football than this guy). Here it is in a simple nutshell:

Nicks is a great talent, but he can't stay on the field, he's a pending FA, and he wants big money that his injury history says he won't earn. AND he's sucked this year and has dropped several balls. That's the kind of guy you send a sixth for as a rental to a team like the Giants who frankly need to give up and start over now that their aging DL can't get to the quarterback. 4 sacks in 4 games = give up.

I wouldn't give them LeShoure or bell straight up - LeShoure plus a fourth OK. If not, we'll hang on to him and have big back depth.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think the lions are that deep at RB that there 3rd stringer would start elsewhere..........i mean he may, but hes not worth top wideout talent

We're not suggesting he'd start just anywhere, but there's a few teams in need of a RB where he'd either start, or get substantial carries as part of a committee. He was decent in his rookie season last year (very comparable numbers to Trent Richardson last year, actually), but he's simply behind two more talented backs in our rotation this year. Bush is tearing it up and Bell is a damn good RB, too. It's not that Leshoure is our #3 because he sucks, we just have a good stable of RBs right now.

I'm fine with keeping Leshoure for depth, but we're looking at Montell Owens returning in a few weeks, and he brings more to the table than Leshoure does on special teams. He's also a capable reserve runner and a big back like Leshoure, so my vote is to try to trade Mikel for some WR help, or to recoup at least a 4th rounder for him. But I'm also down with the school of thought of keeping him for depth purposes, too...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo Leshoure would improve the RB situation in Miami, New York Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh (as Bell's back-up), Indy (T-rich's Back-up), Jacksonville, Tennessee (back-up), Dallas (back-up/time share), Giants (back-up/time share), Tampa (Martin's back-up), Arizona, and St. Louis.

Pretty much he's a better #2 back than a lot of teams have and in this league it's very important to have at least two capable backs. Miami, NYJ and NYG, Cleveland, Arizona and St. Loius could all really use his services, imo...