• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hakeem Nicks rumors

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got anything on this rumor Hakeem for Leshoure and a 3rd pending physical?

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Lions contacted Dallas about Miles Austin. THE COLTS RE-SIGNED DA’RICK ROGERS TO THEIR PRACTICE SQUAD...I would steal him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Dallas shut the door on Miles, the Browns shut the door on Gordon, and the Titans shut the door on Britt. Maybe they are playing hard ball in hopes of getting a better deal than what the Lions are offering. If the Lions lose Sunday and it's because Stafford has no one to throw to other than Calvin, look for Mayhew to get desperate headed into Green Bay.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew already is desperate! Dude can't draft worth a shit so he trades future picks for dudes that suck but used to put up fantasy numbers. I'm already pissed just thinking about. Fuck....

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew already is desperate! Dude can't draft worth a shit so he trades future picks for dudes that suck but used to put up fantasy numbers. I'm already pissed just thinking about. Fuck....
Amazing how he still has a job.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse could have Millen or Fontes in-charge of personnel I am sure those 2 will make Slick-Willy hesitate for awhile before giving Mayhew the boot.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got anything on this rumor Hakeem for Leshoure and a 3rd pending physical?

That's the first I've heard of that one.

Talent-wise I'd make that deal in half-a-heartbeat. However, I'm pretty sure Nicks is a pending free agent and I don't think we can afford to give him the #1 WR salary he'll surely be seeking...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the first I've heard of that one.

Talent-wise I'd make that deal in half-a-heartbeat. However, I'm pretty sure Nicks is a pending free agent and I don't think we can afford to give him the #1 WR salary he'll surely be seeking...

It was all over Twitter earlier most are saying its fake now though

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that it was Florio rumor mongering and that the Giants have not shopped Nicks...yet.

What I find funny is the price is LeShoure and a third? Not a fucking chance! Nicks is injury prone and would be the #2 guy in Detroit. No way that is worth that price....especially when a guy like Britt would go for a 5th rounder.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicks is injury prone bad...but dang he's good when he is healthy.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why have we not pulled the trigger on Britt?

Is the GM of the Titans a relative of Mayhew where they share the same gene pool of dumbfuck DNA?

The player doesn't want to be there, he's not being used at all (5 catches for 43 yards), he's absolutely gone after the season as a FA so they have absolutely nothing at all to gain keeping him.

For us he would come very cheap, certainly no more than a sixth rounder. I wouldn't even actually offer a pick at all, I'd offer a pick swap. They get our 5th and we get there 6th (except that I don't think we fucking have one, thanks Millenhew for that awesome Thomas trade, fucking schooled by the Jags, yeah he deserves a job alright). I digress, since that option isn't available then you offer the 6th rounder.

What exactly could be Millenhew's logic here for not doing a deal? Is it that Britt is scheduled to be a FA? That's plausable as an argument at least. It's wrecked by the fact that his late round drafting is horrendous and what we would actually be giving up is simply another pick who probably won't make the team anyway, let alone contribute. Is it the contract of a potential FA and the issue of resigning him? Well, he'd have 13 more games and the offseason before free agency begins to work that out. Keep in mind this is the idiot GM who gave us Mike Thomas at $1.45m this year and what would have been $3.45m next season if he was on the team.

Seriously?? Why has this not happened? Britt is an enormous upgrade and in the #2 role could be a monster given the attention teams have to give CJ. Give me a healthy Broyles in the slot and you've got the #1 passing offense in the NFL. Add in the threat of Bush out of the backfield and we'll face 6 man fronts all season long and have an excellent running game. I seriously think adding Britt could make us the leagues most potent offense.

It's sure as he'll a risk I'd be willing to take for a lousy 6th rounder. :feedback:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt has shown nothing since coming back from his latest injury. He would make a nice number 2, but I am not sure about his hands.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Meow. The Lions might need that 6th rounder to draft a kicker.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be wrong about this but isnt britt always in trouble off of the field?

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt was always in trouble. Here's a few players I'd at least ask about:

Jeremy Maclin, PHI. Done for the year with an ACL injury, we could potentially trade and sign him to a friendly performance based deal.

Mike Williams, TB. Talented guy that does his job. I sense a firesale coming from this team.

Denarious Moore/Rod Streater, OAK. Either one of these guys would be nice to have.

Chris Givens, STL. Not so much of the spotlight that Tavon Austin gets, but more production IMO.

Kendall Wright, TEN. Small but good. He'd be dynamic in the D.

Any of Pittsburgh's receivers.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt got a DUI trying to enter FT. Campbell a little over a year ago.....How dumb can you be.....You are out drinking with a female solider then try to drive through the main gate where every car is stopped and checked and you know this before even getting behind the wheel.

This guy would take 3 years just to learn the first page of the playbook.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that it was Florio rumor mongering and that the Giants have not shopped Nicks...yet.

What I find funny is the price is LeShoure and a third? Not a fucking chance! Nicks is injury prone and would be the #2 guy in Detroit. No way that is worth that price....especially when a guy like Britt would go for a 5th rounder.

leshoure is a 3rd string running back? .........nicks when healthy is a legit #1

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt was always in trouble. Here's a few players I'd at least ask about:

Jeremy Maclin, PHI. Done for the year with an ACL injury, we could potentially trade and sign him to a friendly performance based deal.

Mike Williams, TB. Talented guy that does his job. I sense a firesale coming from this team.

Denarious Moore/Rod Streater, OAK. Either one of these guys would be nice to have.

Chris Givens, STL. Not so much of the spotlight that Tavon Austin gets, but more production IMO.

Kendall Wright, TEN. Small but good. He'd be dynamic in the D.

Any of Pittsburgh's receivers.

are you just picking random ppl? any team would like to have those guys, i doubt any of them are available

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leshoure is a 3rd string running back? .........nicks when healthy is a legit #1

When healthy. He hasn't been really healthy in awhile.

LeShoure is a third but for most teams he would be a two and some maybe even a one. Detroit is unique they have Bush and he has a specific role...somewhat a little more versatile than Sproles. But a bigger injury risk and Bell is a better receiver and had a better camp.

With the Giants he is a solid number 2 and is almost in an equal time share with Wilson, as long as Wilson has trouble holding onto the ball.

In Pittsburg LeShoure is starting. I am not even sure Bell would unseat him.

New England he is getting carries.

Indy inquired about him to split with Bradshaw.

Just because Bell took LeShoures touches doesn't mean LeShoure doesn't have upside.

If Nicks was a 85-95 catches with 1100 yards the last 3 years I would say you are right but with Nicks not being able to stay on the field no way no how do I give up a third.