• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haden released, where does he land?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted him on the Raiders but t 5-6 million per season. 9 million seems like a lot to me for a CB.
There are already 20 CB's in the league making that much. It's a worthy gamble since there were multiple other teams offering him more.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are already 20 CB's in the league making that much. It's a worthy gamble since there were multiple other teams offering him more.

He's a #2 CB imo, not a #1. I don't want to a pay a #2 CB almost 10 mill.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question....no malice. How many Steelers fans thought this guy was shit 48 hours ago and are now celebrating because they know his name? I've done that as a fan so it's interesting to see other fans maybe doing the same.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thats an opinion. We'll have to wait & see how he produces before we can call it a bad contract. I believe the GM & Coaches know better than we do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDIT: Just got back looking from the available salary cap. HOW THE FUCK do the LA Rams have only $2M left, the lowest in the league? That's with Aaron Donald on welfare and Jared Goof still cheap. WTF!? Good lord... new Cleveland Browns for SURE. Tavon Austin $14M+ this year!? WTF!?!??!
You can probably get away with that if you also don't have $7M tied into Rodger Saffold and $7M in Robert Woods. All 3 seem like overpays.

I defended the Austin trade only because he looked halfway decent with Bradford throwing the ball to him but Austin never got better as a receiver and the Rams QB situation hasnt had any stability.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question....no malice. How many Steelers fans thought this guy was shit 48 hours ago and are now celebrating because they know his name? I've done that as a fan so it's interesting to see other fans maybe doing the same.
Not me. As soon as I heard the Browns cut him I wanted him. I used to make fun of how bad AB used to make him look, but he does that to everyone. Haden was a solid player, and I still think he can be. It's a risk that I'm comfortable with given how bad the Steelers secondary is.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years $27M. All depends on the details, but I heard there's only $7M guaranteed this year so that to me is an A- signing. The Steelers have a window now with Ben Rothelitlsitgbuerger so they might as well spend some money to shore up an anemic secondary. That said, $9M per is WAY too much for Haden so it'll prevent me from giving out an A or A+ but if the Steelers are truly indeed only on the hook for this season at $9M it's DEFINITELY worth it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. As soon as I heard the Browns cut him I wanted him. I used to make fun of how bad AB used to make him look, but he does that to everyone. Haden was a solid player, and I still think he can be. It's a risk that I'm comfortable with given how bad the Steelers secondary is.
How many teams in the AFC have a passing situation that can actually push Haden? Its probably not a large number. Even if Haden is average then its at least good for the short term.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams in the AFC have a passing situation that can actually push Haden? Its probably not a large number. Even if Haden is average then its at least good for the short term.
And that's all the Steelers really need is an above average player.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. I think he needed a change of scenery and will excel in Pittsburgh. I think Bal and Cincy should be a little alarmed with how quickly that particular organization scooped him up. JMO though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's all the Steelers really need is an above average player.
I don't think thats a lock to happen but you have to think that the Steelers are all in on next year and you want to at least hope the veteran still has it.

The Browns let Mitchell Schwartz walk last year so I'm not firmly convinced they know what they are doing and Haden might still be able to play. My gut tells me that Haden is not a guy you want long term, though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think thats a lock to happen but you have to think that the Steelers are all in on next year and you want to at least hope the veteran still has it.

The Browns let Mitchell Schwartz walk last year so I'm not firmly convinced they know what they are doing and Haden might still be able to play. My gut tells me that Haden is not a guy you want long term, though.
Yep, SB or bust mode for sure. They can't count on Ben being around after this season so they're all in. Waiting to see what the details are on the 3 year deal. Hoping the dead money hits aren't as bad in year 3 because I agree he's not long term. 28 years old and can't stay healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I think he needed a change of scenery and will excel in Pittsburgh. I think Bal and Cincy should be a little alarmed with how quickly that particular organization scooped him up. JMO though.
Steelers are stacked with talent and seems to keep getting stronger. I'm glad they finally got aggressive with the secondary. I'm tired of watching stop-gap type players get destroyed year after year. Artie Burns is the only glimmer of hope they have.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he's perfect for the Packers.

What in your opinion have the Packers done wrong with the CB's? Drafting? Coaching? Seems like they are week every year recently and since TT can't figure it out....all ideas welcome!

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are stacked with talent and seems to keep getting stronger. I'm glad they finally got aggressive with the secondary. I'm tired of watching stop-gap type players get destroyed year after year. Artie Burns is the only glimmer of hope they have.

Burns is a young developing player, he will be fine. Green Bay is so young in the secondary that any time a qb throws a touchdown against them Packers fans think the defender is a bust. It sucks getting older and having to deal with the impatience of the Madden kids. I grew up with Madden on PC before it defined every player. Sigh...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns is a young developing player, he will be fine. Green Bay is so young in the secondary that any time a qb throws a touchdown against them Packers fans think the defender is a bust. It sucks getting older and having to deal with the impatience of the Madden kids. I grew up with Madden on PC before it defined every player. Sigh...
Very true statement... Fans like the ones burning their jerseys after a single bad game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of things do seem to fit with PIT.

Not all of Steeler Nation agrees with me, but I like this move if it happens.

Cockrell is really a CB3 or 4...he's come along way, but he's probably at or near his ceiling...if healthy, Haden is better, should make the DEF better.

He knows the DIV WRs already...no real learning curve needed there...he can play man or zone...the zone blitz concept takes some time to get used to, but he's been seeing it for 7 yrs.

BAM! He's a Steeler.... That happened quick ...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is steep, but if he puts you OTT, you do it 10 out of 10 times.

I think the Steelers catch a break in '17 because the early reports say 2017 is $7 mil and (cap hit wise) CLE is carrying $4 mil of that. Typical Steeler guarantees are the signing bonus and 1st yr of the contract so I sure they will be able to walk away from this deal after the '17 season and not have too much scar tissue if he doesn't work out.

We'll see once the contract details unfold.