• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haden released, where does he land?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup for the Steelers, if he's healthy then this move might make them favorites in the AFC.
lets not be hasty here, thet pats made alot of moves, edelman or no edelman

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks being released by the 49ers should be a helpful add to the Packer roster

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that he was a better option as a FA. All I'm saying is there has to be somebody out there who would have given up a 6th round pick or something. I mean anything is better than nothing isn't it?

IND, KC, were notables, OAK, I think also...if we're the GMs of 1 of those clubs...obviously we have some interest. We know CLE is most likely going to release him if no one steps up for a trade.

What do you do? take your chances with him in FA? Or offer a pick in trade AND pick up an $11mil contract? (maybe its net $7mil if CLE is indeed on the hook for $4 mil)

That should rule IND out right away...they're not close enough to the AFCCG to make such a deal...KC or OAK? If he were at his '14 playing level I think yeah, you make that trade. But, his current level has fallen off a little...I think you add all those things up, taking your chances with him in FA is the best option. In DIV gave PIT a leg up, they were aggressive, we'll see how it works out.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Besides, Haden’s strength is zone coverage. Even bad as he was last year, he had three picks while in zone. Which is precisely the problem with the Steelers. They have been and continue to be a One Trick Pony defense who can’t get by the Patriots because Tom Brady has chunks of their zone scheme in his stool. They literally play zone 3/4 of the time. And they’ve never shown the slightest inclination to mix that up. Plan B to them is just birth control. They needed to get younger and more physical at CB to slow down the Pats offense from the beginning of the off-season. And spending $27 million on Joe Haden on the downside of a great career isn’t even a mall parking lot speed bump. But keep doing you, Steelers."
Jerry Thornton

I don't care what you think of his take, that is just fing funny.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Besides, Haden’s strength is zone coverage. Even bad as he was last year, he had three picks while in zone. Which is precisely the problem with the Steelers. They have been and continue to be a One Trick Pony defense who can’t get by the Patriots because Tom Brady has chunks of their zone scheme in his stool. They literally play zone 3/4 of the time. And they’ve never shown the slightest inclination to mix that up. Plan B to them is just birth control. They needed to get younger and more physical at CB to slow down the Pats offense from the beginning of the off-season. And spending $27 million on Joe Haden on the downside of a great career isn’t even a mall parking lot speed bump. But keep doing you, Steelers."
Jerry Thornton

He ain't wrong. Zone Coverage scheme is cancer, and we aren't passing NE as long as we stick with it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ain't wrong. Zone Coverage scheme is cancer, and we aren't passing NE as long as we stick with it.

Strange how stubborn he is and won't try mixing it up since it hasn't been working.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Thornton

Wouldn't expect any less arrogance coming from a Patsie beat writer. But it doesn't mean to say it ain't true lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange how stubborn he is and won't try mixing it up since it hasn't been working.
His philosophy has always been "bend but don't break" with a focus on winning 3rd downs. He's happy with his defense giving up 370+yds to Johnny Manziel so long as they win the RZ battles.

Makes it really tough to watch lol.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that we wouldn't want to get away from it. But we went other ways in the draft in recent years whether it was because of guys taken before we got there, or just talent they didn't want to pass up. And the DB's on our roster now just aren't fit for a man scheme.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that we wouldn't want to get away from it. But we went other ways in the draft in recent years whether it was because of guys taken before we got there, or just talent they didn't want to pass up. And the DB's on our roster now just aren't fit for a man scheme.

True, but the zone against the TB12 led Pats isn't working, and changing it up couldn't hurt.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the zone against the TB12 led Pats isn't working, and changing it up couldn't hurt.

I think I can speak for all Steelers fans when I say that you're preaching to the f-ing choir.

:pout:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I can speak for all Steelers fans when I say that you're preaching to the f-ing choir.

:pout:

It was a toss up between winning and funny. I went with funny, but please know it's also a winning comment.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haden is the ultimate boom/bust signing for a team like the Steelers, with the one glaring weakness being at DB.

He's only 28, so this could honestly go either way, especially playing for a contending team for the first time in his NFL career.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Thornton

Sounds like ol' Jerry Thornton is starting to get nervous, whoever the fuck that is