• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest comeback, or biggest choke job...................

hmmmm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 was all about bad coaching. Kill time take the points and win that was all on Quinn and was my point that he gave NE the game. He also could have ran on 3-1 which was safer worst case kill clock and punt. Never a bad idea when winning by that much.

Bad coaching decision. They were so afraid of Brady's reputation of being able to cover the entire field in less than 1:30 that they overwhelmed themselves into trying to score one more TD, instead thinking the more simple solution which would have been "Run the ball", "Kick a FG." They were thinking, "Don't give Brady the ball, Don't give Brady the ball."

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they definitely botched a few series late in game. Sometimes you do get overly confident.

Anyone remember Belichicks 4th and 2 call?

I gotta confess that I don't. In this most recent game? I do seem to recall a time when ol' Billy B was pretty ballsy going for it on 4th down.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that impressed me the most was the Patriots ability to convert (2) straight two point conversions to tie the game... They don't convert either one, game is pretty much over...

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant have a great comeback without a choke Lots want to blame the play calling and ryan but this is on the falcons D They wore down:suds:

I think the falcons thought like most of America that they had this won with the big lead late in the game and Shanny took his foot off the gas. Their D.C. Took a page out of Pees book and started playing prevent instead of pressure and as we've seen far too many times, Pees formula sucks. Credit to NE for hanging in and not quitting but the best team lost by their own doing.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that impressed me the most was the Patriots ability to convert (2) straight two point conversions to tie the game... They don't convert either one, game is pretty much over...

The first one was a direct copy of one from an earlier SB I think, against Carolina. Kevin Faulk...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad coaching decision. They were so afraid of Brady's reputation of being able to cover the entire field in less than 1:30 that they overwhelmed themselves into trying to score one more TD, instead thinking the more simple solution which would have been "Run the ball", "Kick a FG." They were thinking, "Don't give Brady the ball, Don't give Brady the ball."
The FG would have made it a two possession game so there wouldn't have been enough time especially with TO's being burned to stop the clock. Shanahan when asked said he was worried about trying a 50 yard FG... but they were only around a 40 so that tells us how clued out he was and Quinn should have took control but he was excited about letting it rip. Face it these clowns blew the game when there should have been no way possible.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FG would have made it a two possession game so there wouldn't have been enough time especially with TO's being burned to stop the clock. Shanahan when asked said he was worried about trying a 50 yard FG... but they were only around a 40 so that tells us how clued out he was and Quinn should have took control but he was excited about letting it rip. Face it these clowns blew the game when there should have been no way possible.

I agree with you 100%. My point is that the players didn't choke. The coaching staff choked. The team only does what the coaching tells them.

Without question, there were 'some' bonehead plays like Devonte Freeman totally missing even a chip on Hightower and the holding call on 3rd and 23. But overall, the coaches just over thought everything and let the game get away from them.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you 100%. My point is that the players didn't choke. The coaching staff choked
No way.
In a world where people have to point a finger and cast blame. The blame falls squarely on Freeman, otherwise the Falcons go up 23 and celebrate their first championship while the o-coordinator is the toast of the town.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you 100%. My point is that the players didn't choke. The coaching staff choked. The team only does what the coaching tells them.

Without question, there were 'some' bonehead plays like Devonte Freeman totally missing even a chip on Hightower and the holding call on 3rd and 23. But overall, the coaches just over thought everything and let the game get away from them.
Totally agree with you and not sure why most NE fans don't get this? The coaches job is to put the players in the best position to succeed and ultimately win. Atlanta didn't do this while NE did their best to hang in there. Ultimately the players do have to perform no doubt but it doesn't help when the orders are shit.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with you and not sure why most NE fans don't get this? The coaches job is to put the players in the best position to succeed and ultimately win. Atlanta didn't do this while NE did their best to hang in there. Ultimately the players do have to perform no doubt but it doesn't help when the orders are shit.

When are you going to get this?

Gee you must have been really giddy at about 9:30 last Sunday.