• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest comeback, or biggest choke job...................

hmmmm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not a realist. You have said 1000 times the lose was all coaching, which isn't true.
I'm no patriot fan but any football fan should see the coaching decisions Atlanta made were just part of the story, Freeman's lack of picking up Hightower was another part, and the Patriots play in the 4th QTR. was a bigger part of the outcome. You clearly have a sore ass from all the losses to NE over the years. You remind me of 90% of the redskin hoop fans.
You simply don't get the point. The correct call in that situation was to run the ball and kill clock since they were in FG range. Then kick a FG if you don't get a first down. Any other choice was unnecessary in that situation so I don't blame the outcome on the players as the coaches should never have called a pass play to begin with. If you can't understand this point then I can't help you. It's football 101 and so far the only people who agree with those calls seem to be you, NE Homer, Brandon Marshall, shanahan and Quinn.

My comments are from a football debate standpoint my team wasn't in the game in case you didn't notice and has no bearing. Fact is Atlanta should have won if they played their cards right and of course the kicker makes a very makeable kick. If anything there would have been less TO's or clock left for NE to come back.

Another mistake a friend of mine noted was Ryan not running the clock down before snapping he gave away about 2 minutes of game time apparently. Thats definitely on him but the coaches should have been in his ear. How about only running the ball 4 times after the score was 28-9... is that the players fault or bad coaching? Reality check buddy....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You simply don't get the point. The correct call in that situation was to run the ball and kill clock since they were in FG range. Then kick a FG if you don't get a first down. Any other choice was unnecessary in that situation so I don't blame the outcome on the players as the coaches should never have called a pass play to begin with. If you can't understand this point then I can't help you. It's football 101 and so far the only people who agree with those calls seem to be you, NE Homer, Brandon Marshall, shanahan and Quinn.

My comments are from a football debate standpoint my team wasn't in the game in case you didn't notice and has no bearing. Fact is Atlanta should have won if they played their cards right and of course the kicker makes a very makeable kick. If anything there would have been less TO's or clock left for NE to come back.

Another mistake a friend of mine noted was Ryan not running the clock down before snapping he gave away about 2 minutes of game time apparently. Thats definitely on him but the coaches should have been in his ear. How about only running the ball 4 times after the score was 28-9... is that the players fault or bad coaching? Reality check buddy....

You know what? Atlanta didn't win. And that is all that matters......

They got Ned Beattyed and they never even got a chance to squeal.....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats definitely on him but the coaches should have been in his ear.

Make up your mind @FlyerFinFan

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta was playing to their strengths and with execution, they win the game.
Simple as that.

I said the super bowl would boil down to which team executed best and it did.
60 minute game and the better team won
I was nervous because I figured whomever won the Turn Over battle would win. Glad I was wrong.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have kneeled down twice and it would have been smarter but when killing clock and in FG range it's a no brainer. They didn't need a TD. 40 yarder in a dome the chances are pretty good if not at least you tried to win it.
Hindsight. Now how many fans would be screaming if the kick gets blocked, missed or snap fumbled?
Look I've said I would've ran it. I also wouldn't be hiking it with 10 + seconds on the clock every play.
Those are the calls that coaches get paid to make. You can go from hero to zero in .000000001 second.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You highlighted players need to perform in my previous post after I was suggesting that the coaches blew it. You can't blame a player for a loss if the play call is ridiculous under the situation. That was my point.
I can blame a player for totally whiffing on a missed block. Fundamentals.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not a realist. You have said 1000 times the lose was all coaching, which isn't true.
I'm no patriot fan but any football fan should see the coaching decisions Atlanta made were just part of the story, Freeman's lack of picking up Hightower was another part, and the Patriots play in the 4th QTR. was a bigger part of the outcome. You clearly have a sore ass from all the losses to NE over the years. You remind me of 90% of the redskin hoop fans.
Had NE lost, many of us would be second guessing some of BBs decisions. Like taking the FG to make it 28-12. Going for it on 4th down...
Hero to zero. Luckily for us Pat fans BB has made more good calls than bad ones. In BB we trust.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats definitely on him but the coaches should have been in his ear.

Make up your mind @FlyerFinFan
This loss is overwhelmingly on the coaches no doubt about it. I was just making a point that they were clueless in killing clock.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight. Now how many fans would be screaming if the kick gets blocked, missed or snap fumbled?
Look I've said I would've ran it. I also wouldn't be hiking it with 10 + seconds on the clock every play.
Those are the calls that coaches get paid to make. You can go from hero to zero in .000000001 second.
I hear you but isn't going backwards 30 yards out of FG range worse than even trying a winning kick? If they run the ball no one is questioning it today and who knows maybe they still make a first down or TD running the ball doesn't mean that you've given up. They are also a great running team....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can blame a player for totally whiffing on a missed block. Fundamentals.
Of course but if the correct call was made said player wouldn't have had a chance to screw the pooch to begin with.... FG would have most likely been made and game over.

I think pats fans don't want to realize the fact that the game was the falcons if they simply played fundamental football in the 4th quarter. They would have done enough to win mainly due to lack of time left if they burned clock and took that FG.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
69 L-88 fer shure. Photo was supposedly taken as it launched on it's way to a sub 12 second 1/4 mile run. Factory stock with the original bias-ply tires on it. That's impressive.
IIRC GM only built 219 over a 3 year run, with the `67 being the most valuable.
I bought a blue `69 for inventory purposes 3 decades ago. Many enthusiasts thought it was a copy, but no one could point out for sure if it was a fake. It was a beast, built for straight line racing. Heater and radio were not available and upon start, a ball of fire would roll out of the cowl, over the windshield. It was an impressive display at night.
It also made more of a tinty pop sound at idle instead of a low rumble.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but if the correct call was made said player wouldn't have had a chance to screw the pooch to begin with.... FG would have most likely been made and game over.

I think pats fans don't want to realize the fact that the game was the falcons if they simply played fundamental football in the 4th quarter. They would have done enough to win mainly due to lack of time left if they burned clock and took that FG.

Nobody has argued against this point you've made. Why do you keep making it?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has argued against this point you've made. Why do you keep making it?
I wouldn't have to repeat myself if this wasn't the case. Some of your brothers over there don't seem to get it. Anyway time to move on....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all hindsight and speculation. Quinn nor Shanny didn't think for one second it would play out the way it did. Chaulk part of it up to inexpirence. Atlanta had been aggressive all year. You don't change what got you there in the biggest game, combing all the other factors. NE was moving up and down the field at will. They didn't want TB to even have a chance. NE still had all their time outs left. It wasn't that series that lost the SB for them. Terrible clock management the entire second half, Offense unable to convert a 3rd down, not taking a defensive time out to rest the D... People like to blame it on one or two things. This was a combination of errors.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choke of monumental proportion! A team cant muster that type of comeback without the other team folding like a dollar store lawn chair!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tremendous comeback by the Patriots. But there is no question that this is the biggest choke job in NFL history.

Up 4 scores with a little over a quarter of football to play? IIRC they lost their RT and after that they couldn't give Ryan any time.

Adjust your game plan, Super Genius Kyle.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all hindsight and speculation. Quinn nor Shanny didn't think for one second it would play out the way it did. Chaulk part of it up to inexpirence. Atlanta had been aggressive all year. You don't change what got you there in the biggest game, combing all the other factors. NE was moving up and down the field at will. They didn't want TB to even have a chance. NE still had all their time outs left. It wasn't that series that lost the SB for them. Terrible clock management the entire second half, Offense unable to convert a 3rd down, not taking a defensive time out to rest the D... People like to blame it on one or two things. This was a combination of errors.
I definitely don't disagree that they mismanaged the whole second half but the biggest screw up came when they were in position to ice the game with a FG but due to horrific play calling had to punt the ball away instead. Everyone makes a few errors but that was the definition of insanity...and ultimately the game was lost.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but isn't going backwards 30 yards out of FG range worse than even trying a winning kick? If they run the ball no one is questioning it today and who knows maybe they still make a first down or TD running the ball doesn't mean that you've given up. They are also a great running team....

By that time Atlanta had to abandon the run. They were unable to convert on 3rd downs and the only yardage was by big plays. Only one 3rd down converted in whole game.