• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest comeback, or biggest choke job...................

hmmmm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Patriots would have simply ran out of time if the Falcons played it differently with clock management. That said, when you score 31 in the last 18 minutes plus OT... Give the Pats credit
No way man, something fishy is going on, ask the Dolphin fans, no pun, really.
The only thing Dolphin fans understand is when you say hey man fish this. Yep they are strange mofos.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long before some dumbass labels this SB win as next-gate? You know as in like what the F did those F-ing Pats do to win gate. Surely no more than 24 hours before we have to hear about X gate and many slobs are waiting for those sickening Pats to get caught with hand in cookie jar again. Just wait a few days and some unknown F-er is going to start whatever the F gate rumors, again. Book it.
There wouldn't be any X gates if the pats didn't cheat all of the time.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the only one every analyst on TV is saying run the ball take the points and win. Dropping back 7 yards taking that risk you have to be stupid I'm sorry... oh yeah and they only needed a yard not 6!!!! They could have killed more clock if they got it. Worst case high percentage FG.

Their team is built around offense. A field goal is not automatic. Yeah they should ran the ball and taken the kick but it's not what get them there. So it happens sometime that the other team makes a big play.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is literally what happened against the 49ers a few years ago. We were off to a big lead in the first half and had no offense at all in the 2nd half.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest choke job ever. All the Falcons had to do was kick one field goal in the last 23 and a half minutes of regulation and they could'n't even do that after having scored td's all game long.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with the biggest choke job. You don't come back from 25 points down and 19 down in the 4th without a whole lot of choking going on

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horse a piece if you ask me

Always a little of both, but you don't come back from 25 down in 15 mins of football without some help so I voted choke.

These 3 plays define it.

1. Up 8 4:40, 1st down, in FG range...end result was a punt...simple 3 rushes and kick the 40ish yd FG...you burn 90 secs off the clock and up 2 possession again.

2. Freeman's sole job on this play is blitz protection...he's caught looking inside and totally whiffs on his block. Result, sack fumble, short field TD.

3. Recover the failed onside kick @ NE 41...end result, punt from the ATL 49...for a team so dynamic on OFC all season, you gotta keep the pedal to the medal and get nor worse than 3 there.

Credit NE for taking advantage, not quitting, etc. but they had plenty of help.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching win IMO. Bill kept the Patriots pushing hard, while the Falcons got to 28-3 and eased back the throttle. If their coach had paid attention to time of possession, he would've pushed harder on offense. Even at that point of 28-3 (or was it 28-9, forgot when they showed the graphic), the Patriots were dominating the time of possession nearly 2-1. Falcons coaching left all the pressure on their worn out defense.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

:pound:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching win IMO. Bill kept the Patriots pushing hard, while the Falcons got to 28-3 and eased back the throttle. If their coach had paid attention to time of possession, he would've pushed harder on offense. Even at that point of 28-3 (or was it 28-9, forgot when they showed the graphic), the Patriots were dominating the time of possession nearly 2-1. Falcons coaching left all the pressure on their worn out defense.
I thought the onside kick that Belichick and the Patriots attempted in the 3rd quarter was a great call given the flow of the game. Even though they didn't recover it, it forced the issue for his defense and the Falcons as well and the Pats defense rose to the occasion. If they would have kicked it deep there both teams would have probably relaxed a little and with the whole field to work with Atlanta wouldn't have even had to score. They could have eked out a few first downs, ran a few minutes off the clock and punted it away, giving their defense time to rest as well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle blew this game in the 4th qtr. Its a simple as that. Absolutely clues play calling on the sack fumble and after the great Julio catch.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the onside kick that Belichick and the Patriots attempted in the 3rd quarter was a great call given the flow of the game. Even though they didn't recover it, it forced the issue for his defense and the Falcons as well and the Pats defense rose to the occasion. If they would have kicked it deep there both teams would have probably relaxed a little and with the whole field to work with Atlanta wouldn't have even had to score. They could have eked out a few first downs, ran a few minutes off the clock and punted it away, giving their defense time to rest as well.
In retrospect, yes, but at the time, I was pissed. Too early for that kick, which is why BB is a mad scientist and most of us are at home or the office, saying WTF was that? Surgical coaching job, to be sure. Really.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In retrospect, yes, but at the time, I was pissed. Too early for that kick, which is why BB is a mad scientist and most of us are at home or the office, saying WTF was that? Surgical coaching job, to be sure. Really.
Yeah, I'm not a Patriots fan so it was easier for me to be objective I guess. If my team was in the Superbowl and the coach did that I might be pissed too, lol

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to convert not one but TWO (2) point conversions.... had to STOP the Falcons on the 20 or 22 after Julio Jone's amazing catch.... I'd say comeback...

Either way, one hell of a game!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their team is built around offense. A field goal is not automatic. Yeah they should ran the ball and taken the kick but it's not what get them there. So it happens sometime that the other team makes a big play.
Yeah but a coach has to reign it in and make the correct call. Way too many coaches are pass happy going for glory when a few simple runs kill clock and they already were in range for a FG giving them an 11 point lead with little time left. Just can't do that they left the door open. Now if you missed the kick thats another story but at least you gave your team the best chance to win.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but a coach has to reign it in and make the correct call. Way too many coaches are pass happy going for glory when a few simple runs kill clock and they already were in range for a FG giving them an 11 point lead with little time left. Just can't do that they left the door open. Now if you missed the kick thats another story but at least you gave your team the best chance to win.

I'm not saying the Atlanta coaching staff made all the right decisions but it's often too easy to criticize every single questionable coaching call by fans. This is maybe where inexperience made a difference but overall they had a hell of gameplan and the team executed damm well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of this lands on Quinn too because this isn't the 1st time the Falcons has a big lead and lost it this season...He doesn't get involved with the OFC plays from what I understand, but when he said the toss sweep wasn't working, he should've called up to Shanahan and said, hey man, we need to change that toss sweep up...they are bringing 8 don't in the box on it every time now. Run something else.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the Atlanta coaching staff made all the right decisions but it's often too easy to criticize every single questionable coaching call by fans. This is maybe where inexperience made a difference but overall they had a hell of gameplan and the team executed damm well.
In that situation it's coaching 101 take the points and win. Kneel down if you are worried for fucks sake. You simply don't put yourself in a position to take a loss. Bootleg your qb if you want an option but don't shotgun. Inexcusable. I'm firing Quinn today.