• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Start

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team looked great tonight hopefully they can continue to play consistent mostly mistake free football. Winning the turnover battle is always key and not having blunders from the guy who is suppose to the lead the offense.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a win like that any day. Even though TX is down that's a better win that a lot of tomato cans some teams played, especially those clown coaches chirping that ND shouldn't be in playoffs because it doesn't play a conf. championship game. It sucks losing Folston though. He's a great player a good leader and a good kid. I hope it's not too serious. We're really getting thin at RB. Keep it up team.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a win like that any day. Even though TX is down that's a better win that a lot of tomato cans some teams played, especially those clown coaches chirping that ND shouldn't be in playoffs because it doesn't play a conf. championship game. It sucks losing Folston though. He's a great player a good leader and a good kid. I hope it's not too serious. We're really getting thin at RB. Keep it up team.

We are thin but hopefully if Folston is lost of the season it will prompt the young guys to work harder to get on the field with playing time available for the taking.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree, this team is legit. im hearing folston blew out his knee hope its false. depth is thin there. that would be a big injury. told u about the D. D is scary good. we are fast as hell. if healthy D will be one of the best.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree, this team is legit. im hearing folston blew out his knee hope its false. depth is thin there. that would be a big injury. told u about the D. D is scary good. we are fast as hell. if healthy D will be one of the best.

Well the one thing is even if the defense has injuries the guys being put in the game will have had playing time due to last year. The team has 4 RB's left on the roster granted 2 are converted WR's and the other two are freshmen but Adams looked legit in this game only time will tell if that continues. I'm honestly not worried about the RB's even if Folston is lost.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a great showing for the recruits at the game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the one thing is even if the defense has injuries the guys being put in the game will have had playing time due to last year. The team has 4 RB's left on the roster granted 2 are converted WR's and the other two are freshmen but Adams looked legit in this game only time will tell if that continues. I'm honestly not worried about the RB's even if Folston is lost.
adams did look legit but losing folston will hurt. he was the best blitz pick up back and a vet with tough yardage. we can depend on him. i think overall we will miss him.

kelly needs to trust MZ more. he was very conservative tonight. GT has a great D. that game makes me nervous.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
adams did look legit but losing folston will hurt. he was the best blitz pick up back and a vet with tough yardage. we can depend on him. i think overall we will miss him.

kelly needs to trust MZ more. he was very conservative tonight. GT has a great D. that game makes me nervous.

I agree he will be missed but you can't dwell on who you don't have have to make who you do work. At least Zaire seems to have good pocket awareness.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I'm not sure I've ever seen ND open a season so strongly, so convincingly and so efficiently. Zaire missed 3 passes the whole day (I really did not expect him to bust a 300yd game out first game. I mean seriously, when's the last time we had a QB open with near perfect execution like he did? Of course we have to account for the gents on the other side but Texas has some players, Jefferson (their Malik) and Hughes on D. Only thing that I found unfavorable is some of those jet-sweeps we ran that got caught before the LOS. Yet, later on when we were in the RZ, we came with a 2 TE, single back set that the announcers remarked was probably something we could've shoved down Texas' throat all night long if we wanted to. We may want to against a team here and there because that set was prime for gaining solid chunks of yards, move those chains!

Zaire looked stout and you could see what the coaches were talking about with his passes, they come in on with some steam but they all looked catch-able to me save one or two. Receivers looked good, though we really didn't have to open up much of the passing game it seems. Agree, hate losing Folston but wow, Prosise and Adams and to an extent Williams looked like good strong runners, their blocking may be where they're not up to speed.

BVG looked like he was the one losing on the sidelines! That dude is all kinds of pumped. I hope he has something for these option teams, but otherwise, our CBs look stout, I think some teams are going to have a really hard time with us this year. Jaylon was everywhere, the freedom given to the DL to rush up seems to be a nice benefit, though we have to be careful of the screen being so aggressive, I think they had one that went for a decent gain and one that could've gone for a decent or better gain, but still, they played near flawless as Texas' scoring woes will bear out.

It's only one game but as far as one game goes, we did EVERY thing pretty damned well, no real glaring bad spots. Heck even Yoon looked good. We didn't get to see much for Punt Return possibilities but the kid didn't look clueless like our PR's have at points.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only one game but in the past Notre Dame has played teams that they should easily beat close or flopped in the opener under Brian Kelly but not his time.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great victory, I'm still jumping around, one down- great start.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only one game but in the past Notre Dame has played teams that they should easily beat close or flopped in the opener under Brian Kelly but not his time.
It was so sweet to see the backup QB get some action, I've been waiting to see him for some time now. That's the way to roll.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only negative take away from the game last night, the false start penalties.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had one doubt ever that Jaylon Smith would make us forget Manti Te'o . Smith is really something special to watch, the kid is everywhere and hits hard

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon's even better than Te'o, he'll be a top pick in the NFL Draft when he leaves school.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the false start penalties are something they need to clean up but it was the first time they started a game together so it will take a little time to get everything in sync.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great game, and how about Kelly icing the kicker twice at the end of the half and getting him to miss the third fg attempt. :laugh3:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only negative take away from the game last night, the false start penalties.
My other would be the stretch play calls and execution. I have never like them to begin with, and last night confirmed it. I would be happy if those plays never showed up in the playbook again.