• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Start

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other would be the stretch play calls and execution. I have never like them to begin with, and last night confirmed it. I would be happy if those plays never showed up in the playbook again.
Yeah? Why don't you just go 'finesse' yourself? :dhd:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha ... you weren't even birthed yet?

Those old tix from your Pops' days?
:nono: , just some old guy I knew , his dad took him to this game back then.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thankful for every win for my pa's sake. Means that much more seeing he still loves the Fighting Irish

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cubs win the World Series and the Irish win the NCG he'd probably drop over dead that very day, with a smile on his face.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@craigk217 have you heard anything on Tarean Folston?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Folston has torn MCL and is out for the season. :gaah:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kelly just needs to let MZ play. he was very conservative against texas. it was understanable because if was like his first start. we need to be more aggressive against GT. GT is legit.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kelly just needs to let MZ play. he was very conservative against texas. it was understanable because if was like his first start. we need to be more aggressive against GT. GT is legit.
Define conservative.

I don't think Zaire was conservative, we just ran the ball a lot. It was working, for the most part. Zaire wasn't dinking and dunking his way down field. He took shots. He fired out routes on the money. He hit his receivers in stride. He may not have scrambled as much, but he didn't need to when he was hitting his receivers 20 yards downfield with ease.

I don't agree with your assessment there. Just my $.02

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define conservative.

I don't think Zaire was conservative, we just ran the ball a lot. It was working, for the most part. Zaire wasn't dinking and dunking his way down field. He took shots. He fired out routes on the money. He hit his receivers in stride. He may not have scrambled as much, but he didn't need to when he was hitting his receivers 20 yards downfield with ease.

I don't agree with your assessment there. Just my $.02

I'd tend to agree, I don't think it was being conservative so much as it was don't show the opponents any more than you have to until you have to. If you look at it like Purguy is looking at it, we destroyed Texas with that conservative playcalling. Why did we NEED to do anything more exotic that Clemson and GT would then be able to see on game film? Virginia is going to likely be much of the same and I don't mind that at all. I used to love seeing Lou hold out some wrinkles in those first couple of games only to bust them out on UM or whichever our first tough test was, especially when that test comes in the first three games, which it usually does with ND.

Losing Folston does suck, but let's hope that one of these Frosh steps up and fills the role as admirably as he can.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always good to get the first win in the books. Georgia Tech could be an early season test for us. That USC game will be a good one with the way the Trojans looked.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was conservative. On true passing downs we would still run the ball. its hard to see because it was a blow out but most people saw it. even Kelly himself said they eased MZ into his 1st game. It was conservative, and all I'm saying is hope by GT we open it up a little more. I know it will take time.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Folston sucks, but with this OL we have, anyone on this board can run behind them. They are just starting to get better and gel. Before we know it, they will dominate. MZ looked so cool and calm in that pocket, even when Texas got some pressure. He stuck in there and made the throw that he needed to make. This offense should put up 30 a game IMO. Just so much talent on that side of the ball, even the Fresh.

Def played good, but how good is Texas offense? Time will tell, but it was good to see them only give up 3 and that has to help with confidence. Going to be fun to see Smith setting up tents in opp teams backfield. Dude is gonna blow up more this yr. LB group looked great, DB are great, DL had good day attacking. Something tells me Tillery is going to be the best of this group at seasons end....time will tell with this group.

Great season opener. Complete team win from the coaches on down, something we have not seen in the past!