• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

goodbye 3-point stance?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL's new helmet rule could eliminate the three-point stance and fundamentally change the game itself

The NFL has unveiled a new rule banning players from leading with their helmets, which is aimed at improving player safety. However, this rule will not only be difficult to implement and officiate properly but, speaking recently to Deadspin, former NFL lineman Geoff Schwartz explained that the rule could even lead to a fundamental change in how football is played.

"I think we're eventually going to go to where there's not going to be a three-point stance anymore," Schwartz told Deadspin. "Everyone's just going to have to be up, because that seems to be the way that they want this to go. I just worry that that change will fundamentally change the game.

The three-point stance is a football fixture. However, as Deadspin put it, " . . . Firing up out of a three-point stance invariably involves using one's helmet to either power through an opponent or holding one's ground. "

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will see the end to the three point stance. Most smart players don't lead with their head anyway and fundamentally you are not supposed to tackle that way anyway.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so it not really, " Goodbye Three Point Stance " it's more some dude feels the three point stance may disappear someday.

Well so did the dodo bird

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will see the end to the three point stance. Most smart players don't lead with their head anyway and fundamentally you are not supposed to tackle that way anyway.

:scratch:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or block that way either. Linemen and TEs use their hands and arms to try and control or get past their opponent. Putting your head into an opponent's chest just gets you hurt.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or block that way either. Linemen and TEs use their hands and arms to try and control or get past their opponent. Putting your head into an opponent's chest just gets you hurt.

Yup.....the fundamental way to tackle is to hit them with your shoulder. I don't know a single person that has ever taught that you lead with your head to tackle. I live in Texas the the leagues here are required to teach proper tackling and teams where players repeatedly do not use the fundamentals can get their coaches banned.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the person who wrote this article even played football? The fuck sort of line play is coached to lead with your fucking head for leverage/power?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the person who wrote this article even played football? The fuck sort of line play is coached to lead with your fucking head for leverage/power?
looks like he's an intern who likes soccer.

brandon-wiggins.jpg

Brandon Wiggins