• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golson readmitted , set to return Dec.13

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with JJC here. It wouldn't look good to start Golson but the truth is this is a chance for golson to get ready for next year. A crap bowl means nothing. If it was a BCS bowl game then I would understand. I don't think Kelly will start golson but wouldn't shock me if he got some plays in.

I don't think he can play, period. I don't think he can even go to the bowl site and practice, he may not get any practice in before the bowl game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going off what I read, I've also read he can't travel with the team to the bowl game so he can't practice at the bowl site, maybe that is what ESPN is referring to. Plus depending on when the bowl game is showing up on December 15th might not leave a lot of time if he can't travel with the team to the bowl game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: No, he won't be a senior. Academically, he is only a junior, think this spring and next fall as his junior year. He didn't attend classes during his time off. He does have two more seasons of eligibilty and he likely won't finish his undergraduate studies before the fall 2015. In any event its the school's perogative to admit him to a graduate program if he qualifies, I'm fine with it if they are. Nobody really cares what SC fans think of the wisdom of that decision. Relax, I know you're worried about having to face him two more years but it will be okay.:nod:

I know with the NCAA he has two years of eligibility left. Funny you call it his "time off" when he was gone because the reason is that he broke rules and was no longer enrolled. I just find it amusing because every year we have some fun with the whole "Notre Dame doesn't red shirt" thing with ND fans claiming ND doesn't and telling us how it's about academics.Clearly here it's about football. Here you will be glad he was redshirted . I'm not worried about facing him two more years. I don't play. If he was an accurate passer like Hundley he would difficult to defend but if you look at his stats he's less accurate than Tommy. You guys seem to forget how many times he had to be pulled at the end of games and Tommy had to take over. That year you had one of the best defenses in the country. You might improve some on offense but you might not have a defense holding teams to 14 points. You really don't know what you get. I remember hearing you guys say how good your DBs would be this year because last year they did well for youngsters and this year is was a weakness. I've done the same thinking the offense will be great and it sucked and the defense played better than i thought. Will be fun to see what happens.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know with the NCAA he has two years of eligibility left. Funny you call it his "time off" when he was gone because the reason is that he broke rules and was no longer enrolled. I just find it amusing because every year we have some fun with the whole "Notre Dame doesn't red shirt" thing with ND fans claiming ND doesn't and telling us how it's about academics.Clearly here it's about football. Here you will be glad he was redshirted . I'm not worried about facing him two more years. I don't play. If he was an accurate passer like Hundley he would difficult to defend but if you look at his stats he's less accurate than Tommy. You guys seem to forget how many times he had to be pulled at the end of games and Tommy had to take over. That year you had one of the best defenses in the country. You might improve some on offense but you might not have a defense holding teams to 14 points. You really don't know what you get. I remember hearing you guys say how good your DBs would be this year because last year they did well for youngsters and this year is was a weakness. I've done the same thinking the offense will be great and it sucked and the defense played better than i thought. Will be fun to see what happens.

Grasping at strawmen are we? ND does redshirt, they just don't call it that. I don't think you'll find any on this board anyway that don't acknowledge that we often carry many 5th year seniors. In fact, in the last couple of years, its been a question often asked at the end of the season who will be offered a 5th year.

And by calling it "time off" I am not making light of his situation. He got what he deserved, and hopefully he learns from it. Point was, in case you missed it, can't tell if this is just snark or you're being obtuse, he didn't earn credits while he was out of school so he likely will have to take courses into the fall of 2015 to get his degree.

I agree he struggled early in his career, and he was "pulled" in the Stanford game because he received a concussion. I'd say he turned a big corner in the Oklahoma game, and, despite a rough Pitt game, maintained his composure and made two amazing plays to tie the game up to send it to OT. He was also one of the few bright spots in the NC game. His tragectory was clearly going up, despite what his numbers say.

As far as our DB's go, two of our starters from last year regressed mightily, and one of the standouts was replaced by a revolving door of players due to injuries. Russell has been the only consistent bright spot in the secondary. Here's hoping Luke and Butler make great strides to go opposite Russell, and Redfield steps up and we get back a healthy Baratti, Shumate and Hardy. I agree, we'll have to see what kind of defense we field, but I am not that worried about our offense.