• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his efficiency is way down, then he's not playing his best ball ever (as he claimed).
Why is this so hard?

I'm not saying he hasn't been very effective...just another example of why he should just play vs speak.

If his efficiency is down... he's not playing his most efficient ball ever.

There's a lot more to playing basketball than just efficiency. I think there are valid arguments to go both ways.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but if you saw his quote he explained why.

I saw it, but I'm not buying.

It's my opinion. I've seen him better for longer.

If you think he's at his best, then that's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question his efficiency is way down. We hold him to his own ridiculous standard which is fine.

But posting 27,8,10 with a 12-2 record in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs is ridiculously impressive and praiseworthy no matter who your are or who you're playing.
I would have to disagree. I think the opponent makes a big difference. For example, his play against the Hawks & their win in that series imo wasn't impressive based on how poorly the Hawks had played throughout the playoffs. They did not play like a top seeded team...at any point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his efficiency is down... he's not playing his most efficient ball ever.

There's a lot more to playing basketball than just efficiency. I think there are valid arguments to go both ways.

You get assists because others are making shots. In other words, it's often out of your control, especially with all the 3's the Cavs shoot.

Yes, he has made great decisions as to where the ball has ended up, but if the others aren't shooting lights out,
then the conversation would be about James shooting %..and he needs to be better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete list of Players to Average 25, 8, 10 in a playoffs:

Oscar Robertson in 1962/1963
LeBron James in 2015

(Source)

LeBron's efficiency is down without a doubt but that is mostly from having to change the whole offense on the fly due to Love and Kyrie's injuries. LeBron enjoyed ridiculous spacing and teams did not double him nearly as much with Love and Ky on the floor- now that spacing has shrunk and he gets double and even triple teamed all the time.

I think this LeBron is the hardest to beat. No other LeBron can impact the game and make things harder on the other team than the LeBron we are seeing right now. I went to the Cavs/Celtics game with the dunk on Garnett "With no regard for human life". That LeBron is gone from a pure athletic perspective- but all the little things he does and all the ways he helps his teammates leads me to strongly believe that it has never been tougher to beat LeBron 4 times out of 7 than right now. He just instinctively knows the right thing to do in every situation now- like the game he took all those shots- he was not efficient (well he was after missing his first 10) but he knew that the Cavs needed that from him with no Love and Kyrie.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to disagree. I think the opponent makes a big difference. For example, his play against the Hawks & their win in that series imo wasn't impressive based on how poorly the Hawks had played throughout the playoffs. They did not play like a top seeded team...at any point.
I'm not saying the opponent doesn't make a difference... I'm just saying that even after accounting for weak opponents... its still a ridiculously impressive accomplishment.

Its rare enough for an NBA player to post that stat line in 1 regular season game against a basement dwelling lottery team... let alone for an entire playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get assists because others are making shots. In other words, it's often out of your control, especially with all the 3's the Cavs shoot.

Yes, he has made great decisions as to where the ball has ended up, but if the others aren't shooting lights out,
then the conversation would be about James shooting %..and he needs to be better.

When you get very good shooters wide open they are going to knock down shots, plain and simple. You know this being a fan of the Heat. He creates it, all of it, without him there is a guy out there waiting to pounce.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The conversation is about James shooting % and how he needs his jumpshot back (because it is bad and he does).

I haven't even heard anyone talk about his stat line or the fact that only the Big O has accomplished it. I mean I don't care... I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of great things LeBron is doing in these playoffs beyond his shooting % which is what every one seems to be - justifiably- caught up on.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the opponent doesn't make a difference... I'm just saying that even after accounting for weak opponents... its still a ridiculously impressive accomplishment.

Its rare enough for an NBA player to post that stat line in 1 regular season game against a basement dwelling lottery team... let alone for an entire playoffs.

That's why it hasnt been done but people say ohh bc they played a weak 60 win Hawks team. They werent that great of a team, but there is a reason it has never been done. People just dont appreciate anything anymore

It isnt even about the stats though

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panties in a wad. IMO you can only have one true team that you call "your team".
Yes, clearly I can see that my support for more than one team has your panties in a wad. And while your opinion is welcome I happen to disagree and will continue to support BOTH teams as I see fit. In fact, I am even considering adding another team to that list. :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, clearly I can see that my support for more than one team has your panties in a wad. And while your opinion is welcome I happen to disagree and will continue to support BOTH teams as I see fit. In fact, I am even considering adding another team to that list. :suds:

Have fun with that! The Thunder should be back next year, add them :laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conversation is about James shooting % and how he needs his jumpshot back (because it is bad and he does).

I haven't even heard anyone talk about his stat line or the fact that only the Big O has accomplished it. I mean I don't care... I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of great things LeBron is doing in these playoffs beyond his shooting % which is what every one seems to be - justifiably- caught up on.

I'm talking either 1 of 2 things.

1. He's either playing "the best he EVER has" ( as he claimed) or
2. He isn't (which is the truth).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you would have asked anyone in March who would win a playoff series between the Bulls and Cavs if DRose was healthy and hitting game winners, and Love was out for the whole series and Kyrie would miss a bunch of time and anyone on here would have said the Bulls in a landslide.

Its a testament to Bron's unfathomable brilliance that Mathew Dellavadova iced Chicago with a team high 19 on Chicago's home floor. No one this side of Magic Johnson gets more out of their teammates in the history of the league. LeBron does not need to scream like a psycho or punch his guys in the face in practice to inspire them. Guys flock to play with Bron because of his unselfishness and all out talent.

If you switch Kobe out for Bron in that Bulls series I will guarantee you the Bulls win. THAT is the Brilliance of LeBron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try the Heat.
You need a team from the EC.:suds:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would have asked anyone in March who would win a playoff series between the Bulls and Cavs if DRose was healthy and hitting game winners, and Love was out for the whole series and Kyrie would miss a bunch of time and anyone on here would have said the Bulls in a landslide.

Its a testament to Bron's unfathomable brilliance that Mathew Dellavadova iced Chicago with a team high 19 on Chicago's home floor. No one this side of Magic Johnson gets more out of their teammates in the history of the league. LeBron does not need to scream like a psycho or punch his guys in the face in practice to inspire them. Guys flock to play with Bron because of his unselfishness and all out talent.

If you switch Kobe out for Bron in that Bulls series I will guarantee you the Bulls win. THAT is the Brilliance of LeBron.

That's why March predictions mean zilch.

As far as Love, you think he's happy with this?
He went from having Gilbert by the balls to proven not needed and better without.

What you've lost on offense, you've gained on defense. I don't even call it a wash.
The Cavs have been BETTER.

As far as Bulls game 6, again, nothing against the Cavs or Delly or whoever, but the Bulls had a fork in them.
I think Austin Carr could have scored 20 if given the minutes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you've lost on offense, you've gained on defense. I don't even call it a wash.

I'm tired of hearing this crap from analysts and posters.

Love + Healthy Kyrie + Tristan + Delly >>>>>>>>>>>>> No Love + Gimpy Kyrie + Tristan + Delly

Pretend you're coaching the team... which one do you want?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of hearing this crap from analysts and posters.

Love + Healthy Kyrie + Tristan + Delly >>>>>>>>>>>>> No Love + Gimpy Kyrie + Tristan + Delly

Pretend you're coaching the team... which one do you want?

Less depth is better apparently and the loss of two stars. You cant fix stupid or just a Lebron hater :laugh3:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun with that! The Thunder should be back next year, add them :laugh3:
Thanks! And surely it will be another Western Conference team I support just not OKC....especially now that you've endorsed them! :nono:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why March predictions mean zilch.

As far as Love, you think he's happy with this?
He went from having Gilbert by the balls to proven not needed and better without.

As far as Bulls game 6, again, nothing against the Cavs or Delly or whoever, but the Bulls had a fork in them.
I think Austin Carr could have scored 20 if given the minutes.

Just stop lol. They lost a star at PG that lost his flare to his game. They lost an 18 and 10 that can spread the floor and shoot the 3. And they lose the depth of those starters coming off the bench to dominate the other teams' bench. They have no depth know lol

Shumpert in the starting lineup is a huge key instead of JR.