• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't even imagine. Probably gonna be the same for me when mine passes.
I was braced for it for the last year, put her into the hospital on a Saturday night and she was gone in five days and it felt like my heart had been ripped out of my body. I was primary caregiver and saw and still did not expect it to be this heart. I've got one brother and three sisters, but am the one in control. Had one sister go completely owner over my requests and decisions. I told her to calm down or I would never speak to her again my life time because I would tolerate her disrespect. I paid for the life insurance out of my money for the purpose of taking care of my mother, but asked for some help so I wouldn't be financially wiped out when it was over. Since I did everything else, I felt like it wouldn't hurt them to do one thing for their mother. Two of the sisters and my brother came through. I still haven't spoke to the one that got ugly and might not for a long time.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay after the game is feeling concussion like symptoms

Klay got destroyed on that. Really unfortunate. Curry wasn't right either.

So don't give me any 'Cleveland is all hurt' shit. Kyrie might be better than Klay or even Curry for all we know.

I think this series is Warriors in 7. Finally some good playoff bball.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay got destroyed on that. Really unfortunate. Curry wasn't right either.

So don't give me any 'Cleveland is all hurt' shit. Kyrie might be better than Klay or even Curry for all we know.

I think this series is Warriors in 7. Finally some good playoff bball.

He should be fine though has a long week to rest up

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can go back through this board and find posts in December and early January of people ripping on the Cavs- saying Blatt is going to be fired any day, saying Kevin Love is pissed at his role and is leaving for sure, saying LeBron might even leave

People saying that the WIZARDS were better than the Cavs- people saying the Cavs were the 4th best team in the East behind Chicago, Atlanta, Washington

A TON of people picking the Bulls to beat the Cavs in the playoffs, plenty of people picking Atlanta to beat the Cavs in the playoffs

those posters are pretty pretty quiet now.

What a blast watching the confetti fall last night knowing the Cavs had just won the Eastern Conference and were going back to the Finals. UNBELIEVABLE

LeBron created just a myriad of moments that will live on and were just so fun to watch.

For full disclosure- not even a huge Cavs fan like myself thought they could survive losing Love and having Kyrie on one foot (not even too mention the loss of Andy- the previous heart and soul of the team). I had my doubts- none more so then in Game 6- score tied- Love is in a sling, and Kyrie limps off the court and is done for the night. I thought it was going to be a huge uphill battle to win this game - and anything can happen in a game 7 - especially after you lose your momentum.

To my surprise and delight- Mathew Dellavadova, among others, stepped up with a Game high 19 points and the Cavs whooped the Bulls ass on their home court to send them on their way fishing for the summer.

Time and time again this Cavs team has found a new person for LeBron to bring to the podium in nearly every game. A 12-2 record in the Eastern playoffs is none too shabby- ESPECIALLY after hearing all that bullshit in January.

The ultimate end to this already incredibly fun season to watch would be to finish it off. Who knows what will happen. I am sure the Cavs will be under dogs in this series. Golden State is the one team in the playoffs that has remained immune to the injury bug which has totally changed the Cavs lineups.

Thompson, Mozgov, Shumpert, Smith, Delly, JJones...hats off to these guys who have made the doubters look foolish time and time again. Thompson? no business being the 4th pick...Mozgov? 2 first rounders for a backup center? Shumpert? the guy coming off a major injury with a so-so shot? JR? the "team cancer", David Griffin making "panic trades""?, ....its just too hilarious that we heisted the Knicks like that and that Miami went from 4 straight Finals to the lotto....ooooooohhhhh karma has a funny way of coming around....

Can't wait until the Finals start - and what a a past few weeks. The most amazing part is that whether the Cavs win it all or not- I KNOW.... I KNOW!! - that every May and June for the foreseeable future the Cavs will be making a ton of fun memories come playoff time.

it is time to watch the NBA's dream matchup in the Finals- Cavs/Warriors. Should be a lot of fun.

Cheers Cavs fans!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22185_938461572870596_6483455940651751402_n.jpg

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted it in the pre-season and at the beginning of the postseason, so I'm just going to be stubborn and stay with my pick of the Cavaliers over the Warriors in 6.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my ability to be objective might be clouded. My mother passed away on the 14th and I have been busy taking care of everything since I had complete power of attorney over all of my five siblings who think they are smarter than me. She was 90 years old though and had a good life even though it hit me hard. That being said I think the Warriors may have a problem with youth and defense. I think that when necessary, Lebron carry the team as needed to win. Either way I think it's going to be a close series that goes to 6 or 7 games and I really think 7
Sorry to hear it, TLF. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 6. It's all about the matchups, and they don't favor the Dubs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can go back through this board and find posts in December and early January of people ripping on the Cavs- saying Blatt is going to be fired any day, saying Kevin Love is pissed at his role and is leaving for sure, saying LeBron might even leave

People saying that the WIZARDS were better than the Cavs- people saying the Cavs were the 4th best team in the East behind Chicago, Atlanta, Washington

A TON of people picking the Bulls to beat the Cavs in the playoffs, plenty of people picking Atlanta to beat the Cavs in the playoffs

those posters are pretty pretty quiet now.

What a blast watching the confetti fall last night knowing the Cavs had just won the Eastern Conference and were going back to the Finals. UNBELIEVABLE

LeBron created just a myriad of moments that will live on and were just so fun to watch.

For full disclosure- not even a huge Cavs fan like myself thought they could survive losing Love and having Kyrie on one foot (not even too mention the loss of Andy- the previous heart and soul of the team). I had my doubts- none more so then in Game 6- score tied- Love is in a sling, and Kyrie limps off the court and is done for the night. I thought it was going to be a huge uphill battle to win this game - and anything can happen in a game 7 - especially after you lose your momentum.

To my surprise and delight- Mathew Dellavadova, among others, stepped up with a Game high 19 points and the Cavs whooped the Bulls ass on their home court to send them on their way fishing for the summer.

Time and time again this Cavs team has found a new person for LeBron to bring to the podium in nearly every game. A 12-2 record in the Eastern playoffs is none too shabby- ESPECIALLY after hearing all that bullshit in January.

The ultimate end to this already incredibly fun season to watch would be to finish it off. Who knows what will happen. I am sure the Cavs will be under dogs in this series. Golden State is the one team in the playoffs that has remained immune to the injury bug which has totally changed the Cavs lineups.

Thompson, Mozgov, Shumpert, Smith, Delly, JJones...hats off to these guys who have made the doubters look foolish time and time again. Thompson? no business being the 4th pick...Mozgov? 2 first rounders for a backup center? Shumpert? the guy coming off a major injury with a so-so shot? JR? the "team cancer", David Griffin making "panic trades""?, ....its just too hilarious that we heisted the Knicks like that and that Miami went from 4 straight Finals to the lotto....ooooooohhhhh karma has a funny way of coming around....

Can't wait until the Finals start - and what a a past few weeks. The most amazing part is that whether the Cavs win it all or not- I KNOW.... I KNOW!! - that every May and June for the foreseeable future the Cavs will be making a ton of fun memories come playoff time.

it is time to watch the NBA's dream matchup in the Finals- Cavs/Warriors. Should be a lot of fun.

Cheers Cavs fans!

Knew it was coming.
Nothing past this opportunity is guaranteed. Ask Thunder fans.
Same rhetoric, after the fact.

It's championship or bust/heartbreak once again.
Spin it any way you want.

JBtheGod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell, the amount of people writing off the Cavs is absolutely ridiculous. Before the bulls series, PLENTY of people were saying that there is NO WAY the cavs could beat the healthy bulls team with rose (ex mvp), butler(MIP/AllStar), gasol(champion/all star). Now that the cavs dismantled them fairly easily (after game 1, and a miracle shot) all of a sudden the bulls are a bad team? gtfoh

Now we move to the Hawks who were being anointed as the spurs of the east and what did the cavs do to this 60 win team with FOUR ALL STARS. They went into Atlanta and smacked them on their home court for two games and then went back home and sweep this team out of cleveland without kevin love AND kyrie irving for the most part AND with relatively no resistance.

I have no idea why people are so high on the warriors. Maybe its because of these false claims that the west is superior or something. Every year, each conference has 2 teams that have a legitimate shot to win it all and the rest are just there to provide a upset along the way. The warriors played a terrible pelicans team with nobody on it outside of Anthony Davis. Then they played a slow, injured, and offensively challenged Grizzlies team and somewhat struggled early on(bulls of the west) before shooting them out of the gym. Now we get to the Rockets who had no business being there and the warriors looked like a completely average team for 4/5 of those games.

Anybody whos been watching this cavs team all playoffs (12-2) knows that this team is nothing to laugh at. Anybody saying that the warriors will win in 5 games (lol) knows nothing about basketball and should be banned from making predictions forever. This warriors team is about to get exposed for the soft frauds they are when they play against this tough, inspired, cavs team. Curry WILL NOT be running freely and being guarded by 70 yr old jason terry and prigioni. NOBODY on that warrior team will be able to control Lebron. They better just back up and hope his jumper continues to be terrible if they want to have any shot of winning.

Cavs in 6, only because theyll split the first two and then want to win it all in Cleveland.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 6. It's all about the matchups, and they don't favor the Dubs.

Based on what?

What matchups doesn't favor the dubs? They have several defenders who they can throw at Kyrie and Lebron. They won't miss open 3's as the Hawks did. They won't get dominated inside as ATL did because they have quite a few bodies of their own in Bogut, Festus, & possibly Speights if he returns.

Not saying Cleveland can't win but you're delusional if you don't think the matchups favor the Warriors and that they're clearly the favorites in this series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy bringing up shit people said in December before the Cavs added 3 important players. The Cavs roster from November and December would have been eliminated by Chicago. Also who are all these people that picked ATL? Almost everyone on here picked the Cavs. I remember at most 2 or 3 people excluding the Hawks fan who actually picked ATL.

Bringing up people picking the Bulls is stupid also. Cavs fan once Love went down and JR got suspended didn't think they stood much of a chance vs Chicago either so cut the bullshit

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what?

What matchups doesn't favor the dubs? They have several defenders who they can throw at Kyrie and Lebron. They won't miss open 3's as the Hawks did. They won't get dominated inside as ATL did because they have quite a few bodies of their own in Bogut, Festus, & possibly Speights if he returns.

Not saying Cleveland can't win but you're delusional if you don't think the matchups favor the Warriors and that they're clearly the favorites in this series.

GS has nobody, I repeat nobody, on the roster that can even remotely begin to contain Lebron, unless you're planning on constantly double- or triple-teaming him, which will obviously leave other Cavs players open, so that won't work. You guys already tried to put Green on earlier this season him 1-on-1 and Lebron absolutely went off.

On the other hand, we can put Shumpert on Curry and Lebron on Thompson. This won't completely stop them, but it would definitely contain them to a point where we can control the tempo of the game. Green isn't near the scorer needed to take over a game, and after those three, who is left to score? If Curry and Thompson are held to 50-55 points combined, GS is cooked.

Mozgov and Tristan Thompson >>> Bogut and Festus. That one is easy. If you think GS has a better post presence than Atlanta does in Horford and Millsap, you're the delusional one.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS vs Cavs Match up:

GS Starting Lineup vs Cavs Starting Lineup Advantage:
C- Bogut C- Moz GS
PF- Green PF- Thompson GS
SF-Barnes SF- LBJ Cavs
SG- Thompson SG- JR Smith Even
PG- Curry PG- Irving GS

GS Depth VS Cavs Depth Advantage Overall
C- Ezeli SF- James Jones
SG- Iggy PG- Dellavedova GS wins this one
SG- Barbosa C- Perkins
PG- Livingston SG- Iman Shumpert
PF- David Lee

GS HC Kerr vs Cavs HC Blatt Advantage= Even both 1st year guys

Get ready for the Finals

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS has nobody, I repeat nobody, on the roster that can even remotely begin to contain Lebron, unless you're planning on constantly double- or triple-teaming him, which will obviously leave other Cavs players open, so that won't work. You guys already tried to put Green on earlier this season him 1-on-1 and Lebron absolutely went off.

On the other hand, we can put Shumpert on Curry and Lebron on Thompson. This won't completely stop them, but it would definitely contain them to a point where we can control the tempo of the game. Green isn't near the scorer needed to take over a game, and after those three, who is left to score? If Curry and Thompson are held to 50-55 points combined, GS is cooked.

Mozgov and Tristan Thompson >>> Bogut and Festus. That one is easy. If you think GS has a better post presence than Atlanta does in Horford and Millsap, you're the delusional one.
I agree, they will have to double him. Problem Cavs have nobody that can cover Curry and Thompson. U are forgetting about Barnes. And wasn't green an allstar this year(or a reserve). Also by having iman in u have JR smith out and that hurts Cavs offense with spreading the Floor. GS is a match up nightmare for you guys. I agree GS will struggle with LBJ but LBJ doesn't take over games like he use to. he does it 1-2 times a series now. Double team LBJ and force him into a jump shooter. Also I like Kerr as HC a lot more then Blatt and GS also has home court advantage and GS was the best home team this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why you would expect anyone except Cavs fans to pick Cleveland. I think if the Cavs had Love and a healthy Kyrie, you would see more Cavs picks but GSW are clearly the favorites

72% favorites to win

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing the difference in celebration the last 2 nights. Cleveland were acting like they won the NBA finals last night (was surprised to see Lebron act like that since he's been there 6 times now) but GSW is handling like we still have more work to do

I disagree but Cleveland sports are diehard you have to expect a little more from them.