• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Gold Medal Game - Canada vs Sweden

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the Canadian bandwagon. Even though for the past 48 hours I've hated thee, I really love thee every other day of the year.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity what's your problem?

you just cant give any credit to any canadian goal tender before its luongo had a great defense and now its carey has a great defense. you just WONT give any straight credit to the goalie. Price was fucking spectacular this game. so was quick. the defense was solid but it wasnt the reason they won. it was PRICE.

you dont get the position of goal

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The encouraging thing is that I think this was by far Crosby's best game of the tourney, he was playing like a man possessed out there. The line of Perry - Getzlaf - Benn features three big boys who can dominate down low, hopefully Babcock keeps those guys together.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup sid was a force today

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mats gives the edge to Canada on Sunday...

"There's no doubt that the Swedish team...are not where you would think to call them a gold medal favourite at this point [without] Henrik Sedin and Henrik Zetterberg, two of the best centremen we have playing right now," said Sundin. "For them to get to the finals here, to get by Finland...I'll hold Canada as the favourites to win the gold medal, but if you have [Henrik] Lundqvist playing an enormous game in the final, there's a shot. But it's a long shot for sure."

He also had some harsh words for Mother Russia:

"I was almost disgusted by their performance when they played Finland," said the 43-year-old who played 18 seasons in the NHL. "I look at the Finnish team and they're missing key players. They don't have any of their big stars and now [Rask] is hurt and that Russian team is stacked with great players and to come out and have that performance they had in the quarterfinals. It was an absolutely heartless performance.

"It was very disappointing and I don't think it's very good for hockey either to have them out of their home tournament. You wonder when you have Putin in the stands on home ice and you can't get heart out of these guys? What's going to bring it out? I don't know," he said.

Sundin critical of Russian performance; gives Canada edge

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow mats wow

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just cant give any credit to any canadian goal tender before its luongo had a great defense and now its carey has a great defense. you just WONT give any straight credit to the goalie. Price was fucking spectacular this game. so was quick. the defense was solid but it wasnt the reason they won. it was PRICE.

you dont get the position of goal

In his defense, Isles fans don't know what one has looked like since Billy Smith

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was as good as Hank, he'd still be here ;)

If his coach played him in the qualifier game, he'd still be there. 2 GA in 3 games. .960 sv % :thumb:

The big question for me is can Carey handle the pressure......

Jury is still out on him, I hear.

I don't have any rooting interest except in the Bronze game. Being a USA Hockey coach, I want them to win. But in Canada/Sweden I really don't care. I admire things about each team and their styles of play. I respect both goalies and think there are no real glaring jackasses on either team except for fuck Jeff Carter. But I don't really like Edler either, sooooo...

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his coach played him in the qualifier game, he'd still be there. 2 GA in 3 games. .960 sv % :thumb:

Jury is still out on him, I hear.

I don't have any rooting interest except in the Bronze game. Being a USA Hockey coach, I want them to win. But in Canada/Sweden I really don't care. I admire things about each team and their styles of play. I respect both goalies and think there are no real glaring jackasses on either team except for fuck Jeff Carter. But I don't really like Edler either, sooooo...

And if the Queen had balls, she'd be King ;)

But, i'm not taking anything away from Bob, I actually like him, like him even more that the FLOLyers moved him.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid-Kunitz looked like...well, the Sid-Kunitz I'm used to seeing today. It'll be truly incredible if Canada wins gold...and none of Toews-Crosby-Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry scores. (Getz and Perry haven't scored, have they? I really can't recall...)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: I want Kunitz to score some ridiculous GWG...because it'd be funny to watch the pure joy mix with confusion and claims of luck.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Does Subban dress?
no chance they change the defense.
team has given up only 3 goals in 5 games. don't mess with that
hmm. Guys are SWEDISH MEATBALLS a breakfast appy?
they was part of the breakfast every morning in Malmo last month :thumb:
The big question for me is can Carey handle the pressure......
seemed to be OK against the US. now THAT's pressure.
Wow mats wow
he's not wrong :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and we need retribution for 20 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: