• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Gold Medal Game - Canada vs Sweden

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, what rule is that? I haven't seen any mention of an actual rule, just allegations of 'normal turnaround'. I could be wrong of course but until I see something concrete it just sounds okie blame deflection.

I think Backstrom was a victim of circumstance, but that circumstance was Swedish team doctors not properly checking his medication. They thought he would be under the legal threshold; he wasn't. Would it have been nice if he got the results back earlier to appeal? Definitely. But is that the IOC's priority when they are testing hundreds of athletes? Should Backstrom get priority over some cross country skier?

If his b sample comes back negative, or someone can quote a rule stating the results were due sooner, I will change my tune. But for now, it sure looks like Swedish team officials blaming everyone but themselves.

I've known multiple Olympians and they all knew to be extra careful around cold, sinus, flu, allergy, etc... medications. I'm just astonished Sweden dropped the ball so poorly.

If he is still competing in his event and the other athletes are done competing but are only being tested post-competition, then absolutely he should get priority. And I don't mean just him, but any athlete that is still competing should take priority over those who are done.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

article_7a7c4ca4-b588-42bf-8fc0-3a9f6b65fd81.png