• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard Reeves wasn't going to play so he's moving on.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard Reeves wasn't going to play so he's moving on.

Confirmed:

Mike Barber ‏@RTD_MikeBarber
Sophomore WR Christian Reeves has left the Virginia Tech football program and is looking to transfer.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well crap...hope it won't be a huge loss. good luck to him anyway.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes!

13milwhiteout2.jpg

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take a shitty unifom for one game if we can get back to wearing quality uniforms for the rest of the season.

Man that one is awful...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting tidbit from Lang's post, only a single running play is being taught over the first four days of practice.

"Right now, we're working on the wide zone. That's the play we're trying to perfect right now," sophomore tailback J.C. Coleman said. "We have that one play that we're running, in a variety of formations. I'm excited about that play. That's kind of my style, you know, one cut and keep it going."

Per TKP.

Looks like they weren't joking when they said they were getting back to the basics. I like that though.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Logan's feet looked good in the newest video from practice. Bummer to not see any footage of Edmunds running an actual play yet. Holmes had a good run, but, meh..

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your gray hairs are showing

I actually like the helmet, i was just being a troll about there not being snaps on it. I do like the camo ones we wore last year better tho.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan's feet looked good in the newest video from practice. Bummer to not see any footage of Edmunds running an actual play yet. Holmes had a good run, but, meh..

Did you see the video from Bitter of the bull in the ring? Edmunds blows up Deon Clarke. In fact of the 5 battles (i think 5) the defensive player only won 1 of those. (a DE beat a TE)

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter.../video-virginia-techs-bull-in-the-ring-drill/

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...for-tech-t-time-drill-is-all-about-toughness/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was hoping to see Acree work his way up the depth chart. I see him @ #3.

Per Bitter:
•First team: LT Gibson, LG Caleb Farris, C Andrew Miller, RG Brent Benedict, RT Shuman
•Second team: LT Jonathan McLaughlin, LG Adam Taraschke, C Matt Arkema, RG Augie Conte, RT Jake Goins
•Third team: LT Goins, LG Nick Acree, C Brandon Taylor, RG Marcus Mapp, RT Parker Osterloh
•David Wang is injured right now, sitting out in a blue, limited contact jersey yesterday.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was hoping to see Acree work his way up the depth chart. I see him @ #3.

Per Bitter:
•First team: LT Gibson, LG Caleb Farris, C Andrew Miller, RG Brent Benedict, RT Shuman
•Second team: LT Jonathan McLaughlin, LG Adam Taraschke, C Matt Arkema, RG Augie Conte, RT Jake Goins
•Third team: LT Goins, LG Nick Acree, C Brandon Taylor, RG Marcus Mapp, RT Parker Osterloh
•David Wang is injured right now, sitting out in a blue, limited contact jersey yesterday.

I wouldn't make much of these rotations. Sounds like Grimes is going to experiement a bit this spring. We'll have a better idea of where guys sit on the depth chart in a few more weeks. I do think the starting 5 may stick. I'd love to see a guy or two be able to handle mutliple positions as Via did the last couple years.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised about Acree too and understand there is a lot of shuffling going around to find people that match but I figured he would be ahead of some of the freshmen. I'm not saying he should be, I'm just surprised. I like how Grimes is working to get different people in different spots