• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff working with the 1's

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we also keep in mind that Goff just turned 22 a few weeks ago? He was the youngest of the QB's and yes, that definitely makes a difference...I don't know about you guys, but at 21 years old, I wouldn't have been ready to lead an NFL franchise...After some seasoning(which I would guess/hope he's getting now in practice)he should be good to go and ready to make an impact when he does get on the field...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am not suggesting Fisher did anything rational as you suggest. He made it known that he was sticking with Keenum beginning at the end of the 2015 season even when he had a Mannion on his roster and did little to anything to look at Mannion's talents. Then he does the bathroom deal with Snead and the Titans GM which absolutely made no sense whatsoever either.

That is what we have been trying to get through your thick skull on may of the threads here. Fisher is doing and has done some really strange stuff with this franchise over his tenure, one of which was trading the farm for player they may have known wasn't ready to play being worthy of the overall first round pick position. Fisher is in over his head and often does things that are characteristic of a drama queen who absolutely loves histrionics and has little to do with winning has he often claims.

I agree Fisher has done a lot of stupid things but no way they gave up that much and didn't expect him to play. all the draft experts before the draft like Mayock said he could start day 1. So you know Fisher and Snead dumbasses did too. But they underestimated the complex difference between college and the NFL and Goff so far hasn't made the transition.

"He fits what they do. He can play on Day 1. The Rams have a strong running game and stout defense. That minimizes what he has to think about. Goff has a very quick release and gets the ball out of his hands quickly. He has innate pocket awareness, which is so critical at the NFL level." -- Mike Mayock

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Fisher has done a lot of stupid things but no way they gave up that much and didn't expect him to play. all the draft experts before the draft like Mayock said he could start day 1. So you know Fisher and Snead dumbasses did too. But they underestimated the complex difference between college and the NFL and Goff so far hasn't made the transition.

"He fits what they do. He can play on Day 1. The Rams have a strong running game and stout defense. That minimizes what he has to think about. Goff has a very quick release and gets the ball out of his hands quickly. He has innate pocket awareness, which is so critical at the NFL level." -- Mike Mayock

All the draft experts said that Wentz would need at least a year before he could play. In other words, they don't know much. I, for one, thought Wentz would be ready first, as he was already playing within a pro-style system and only needed to adjust to the speed of the NFL, albeit from a lower level of competition than the others.

Dak is the one that suprises me. I expected him to have some "veteran" leadership (for a rookie) and the dual threat ability, but I had not seen much ability to read defenses out of him in college. However, THAT LINE really allows him the time to go through his reads with more comfort than most QBs.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just figured out Fishers master plan... He will start Goff the last game of the season at home verse the pathetic 49ers. Goff has a good game and Fisher says we will be in good shape for next year and he saves his job lol. What do you think?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just figured out Fishers master plan... He will start Goff the last game of the season at home verse the pathetic 49ers. Goff has a good game and Fisher says we will be in good shape for next year and he saves his job lol. What do you think?

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Cougie. We will never know the whole story until Goff is starting and Fisher is gone. There is also the angle that the FO, i.e. the limp biscuit through Kevin Demoff, pressured Snisher to make the bathroom deal as well.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well reports are coming out that Goff will start next week at home if Keenum doesn't win today. Fisher can't hide from the pressure anymore.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I am rooting for Keenum to fuck up in the first half just so Fisher has to go to Goff in the 2nd half?

And, of course, for Goff to lead us to a win.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, Rams win a 9-6 game via defense while Keenum couldn't outplay Bryce Petty, but Fisher will spin that as a Keenum victory.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, Rams win a 9-6 game via defense while Keenum couldn't outplay Bryce Petty, but Fisher will spin that as a Keenum victory.

"I'm not placing this on the shoulders of the quarterback. ... I thought Case did a nice job."

JF after the game today...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-30 for 165 yards and 3 sacks against the #27 pass defense in the NFL. They typically give up 272 passing yards per game, yet held the Rams WELL UNDER their #26 overall passing offense's average of 234 passing yards per game.

The only think Keenum did well was not turn the ball over.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic and more 7-9 bullshit from the little drama queen masquerading as a viable NFL HC.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah can't wait to see who starts next week.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D isn't as good
Is this just your opinion Coug or can you back that statement up?

I heard on ESPN last week that the Rams had the No. 8 defense this year. I don't think they were in the top 10 last year.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if your statement is correct.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just figured it out? :gaah:

While you been going on about what you've been going on about, a lot of us have been saying that same thing all season!

Man some of the shit that comes off of your keyboard Cougie, well let's just say it's unbelievable! :what:

This, is one of those 'Cougie' moments!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just figured it out? :gaah:

While you been going on about what you've been going on about, a lot of us have been saying that same thing all season!

Man some of the shit that comes off of your keyboard Cougie, well let's just say it's unbelievable! :what:

This, is one of those 'Cougie' moments!

Show me where someone said Goff will start the last game. If they did I missed it.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this just your opinion Coug or can you back that statement up?

I heard on ESPN last week that the Rams had the No. 8 defense this year. I don't think they were in the top 10 last year.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if your statement is correct.

Well it looks like last year we gave up 20 per gm. This year so far it's 19. I'm guessing it will be more then 20 after the season is over.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where someone said Goff will start the last game. If they did I missed it.
Last game, late in the season, don't get caught up in splitting hairs.

The sentiment has been the same, and I personally have been saying this for most of the season, so I'm not going to 'look it up'.

You'll just have to trust me.