• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff working with the 1's

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too. Is there a benefit to announcing to the Dolphins you're going to be starting your rookie quarterback on Tuesday? Why would they do that ?

Coug

does it really matter? it's not like they have to change their defensive game plan because Goff is starting.

every team is going to play the Rams the same way until the Rams can prove they can beat it.

they are going to put 8-9 in the box to stop Gurley and make the Rams beat them throwing the football. they will bank on the Rams O-line not holding up in the run/pass game and use the 8 and 9 man fronts to bring pressure and stop Gurley.

until the Rams prove they can beat the pressure in the passing game, teams will continue to play the same defense regardless of who the QB is.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug

does it really matter? it's not like they have to change their defensive game plan because Goff is starting.

every team is going to play the Rams the same way until the Rams can prove they can beat it.

they are going to put 8-9 in the box to stop Gurley and make the Rams beat them throwing the football. they will bank on the Rams O-line not holding up in the run/pass game and use the 8 and 9 man fronts to bring pressure and stop Gurley.

until the Rams prove they can beat the pressure in the passing game, teams will continue to play the same defense regardless of who the QB is.

I agree but with a rookie they might be able to put more stunts, blitzes in or disguise coverage schemes a little bit more. my thought is if he comes in Sunday vs Keenum who they planed on all week it might throw them off a bit.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the game plan doesn't change much... but man gives them the chance to go back and watch his tape and maybe gives the D line coaches some extra time to put some stunts in to confuse him. Like you said short bus.
That slices both ways....

Bringing in a different QB to start the game gives the Fins little to no tape to prepare for what the Game plan will be like with Goff.

Sure the run plays will look the same but Goff has more mobility than Case, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Goff moving outside of the pocket at any given time.