• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go on the record...

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would you really need to trade up much to get him is the question? Lets assume that Tampa takes Winston (although I think their OC may be a guy that would love Marriotta, I could see them drafting him).

TN. Mettenberger looks like the real deal. I think they want to see if he is their guy. Plus they run a traditional offense. No.
JAX. Can't give up on a #3 overall pick after one year. No.
OAK. They are saying great things about Carr. They draft elsewhere and roll with him.
WAS. Do they really want to add Marriotta to the mix with RGIII? They draft elsewhere and go with RGIII for another year.
Jets. Okay. They need a guy, but the entire coaching staff is old school. Can't see them taking Marriotta. Better to nab a White or Cooper to improve their passing game.
Chicago. Desperately want to move on from Cutler, but John Fox is old school. Adam Gase though coached Tebow in Denver. I could see them going for it.
ATL/NY. Set at QB.
STL. Okay. Maybe. But they have alot in Bradford and would love to see him complete a season.
MN. Have a young guy.
CLE. What a mess. Maybe.
NO/MIA/SF. Nope
HOU. Yes. Need and a guy that knows how to use him
SD/KC. no
Buffalo. Yes. Roman coached Capernick.

So at the end of the day, you may just need to get ahead of Houston to get him. I don't think you need to trade up any higher than 10th to get him.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would you really need to trade up much to get him is the question? Lets assume that Tampa takes Winston (although I think their OC may be a guy that would love Marriotta, I could see them drafting him).

TN. Mettenberger looks like the real deal. I think they want to see if he is their guy. Plus they run a traditional offense. No.
OAK. They are saying great things about Carr. They draft elsewhere and roll with him.
WAS. Do they really want to add Marriotta to the mix with RGIII? They draft elsewhere and go with RGIII for another year.
Jets. Okay. They need a guy, but the entire coaching staff is old school. Can't see them taking Marriotta. Better to nab a White or Cooper to improve their passing game.
Chicago. Desperately want to move on from Cutler, but John Fox is old school. Adam Gase though coached Tebow in Denver. I could see them going for it.
ATL/NY. Set at QB.
STL. Okay. Maybe. But they have alot in Bradford and would love to see him complete a season.
MN. Have a young guy.
CLE. What a mess. Maybe.
NO/MIA/SF. Nope
SD/KC. no

So at the end of the day, you may just need to get ahead of Houston to get him. I don't think you need to trade up any higher than 10th to get him.

I see where you are going with what you have here......however....If at 6 I bet the Jets jump all over MM Old school staff or not......I can see the Jets wanting to energize the fan base, and what better way then taking a QB ......and if there after MN.....I would doubt that cleveland passes up on him....It wouldnt shock me to see cleveland want to jump ahead of the Jets.......Jets and Cleveland are players in the MM sweepsteaks im sure

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you are going with what you have here......however....If at 6 I bet the Jets jump all over MM Old school staff or not......I can see the Jets wanting to energize the fan base, and what better way then taking a QB ......and if there after MN.....I would doubt that cleveland passes up on him....It wouldnt shock me to see cleveland want to jump ahead of the Jets.......Jets and Cleveland are players in the MM sweepsteaks im sure

They are likely passing on another premier player at that point. What would do more to help the passing game? Marriotta or Amari Cooper?

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are likely passing on another premier player at that point. What would do more to help the passing game? Marriotta or Amari Cooper?

Well A franchise QB is Always more important then a WR....Sure a stud WR is good...But everyone knows...You dont have the QB....you are in trouble.....

you can get a Quality High end Wr thru FA......cant say the same for QB

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well A franchise QB is Always more important then a WR....Sure a stud WR is good...But everyone knows...You dont have the QB....you are in trouble.....

you can get a Quality High end Wr thru FA......cant say the same for QB

If your a Jet fan, you could argue that Geno Smith looked every bit as good as Marriotta in college. Then you give him two OCs in two years and a lousy supporting cast lining up Holmes, and Kerley at WR in 2013 and then trading for that Head Case Harvin midway through the next season. The offense, both the system and the personnel have been a joke in NY, and the QB has not been horrible, in fact he showed improvement in 2014. Maybe you would rather improve his supporting cast rather than throw him out after only two years.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your a Jet fan, you could argue that Geno Smith looked every bit as good as Marriotta in college. Then you give him two OCs in two years and a lousy supporting cast lining up Holmes, and Kerley at WR in 2013 and then trading for that Head Case Harvin midway through the next season. The offense, both the system and the personnel have been a joke in NY, and the QB has not been horrible, in fact he showed improvement in 2014. Maybe you would rather improve his supporting cast rather than throw him out after only two years.

I see what your saying......but I would argue that Smith looked as good as MM in college... he looked good...but NEVER was considered the top Qb going into his last year in college...wasn't as high on the Heisman.....Not even close to as highly touted.....but as I said....I could see them thinking theat with him...what they have will suffice...plus.....energize the fans with the pcik

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in favor of any big move.

The most I'd be okay with is 1st round swap, Foles, a 2nd, and a 5th. Obviously anything with that sort of value.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith never looked as good as MM in college. That's silly.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy is 6'3" runs a 4.5 at the combine. Passes for 98 TD and only 21 INTs in college completing 67% of his passes for over 11,000 yards. Pretty comparable to Marriotta across the board.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL/NY. Set at QB.
MN. Have a young guy.
CLE. What a mess. Maybe.
NO/MIA/SF. Nope
SD/KC. no

At the end of the day, you need to get ahead of the Rams to get him. And if that's the case, then you're competing against the Rams, Browns, and Texans to leapfrog the 10th pick.

And the Jets still aren't a sure thing not to draft a QB. Geno Smith just doesn't seem like the answer. If the Titans don't take Mariotta, then I think you have to target the Raiders as a trade up target.

Sure, if there was no trading of draft picks, then Mariotta may be a 10-15 pick because of team needs, but with the trading of draft picks, you need to trade up much further than where he'd be drafted without trades. He's a top-5 pick and even more valuable in the Eagles offense. I'd assume a Falcons type of trade for Julio Jones is what would be needed to trade up to get him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is 6'3" runs a 4.5 at the combine. Passes for 98 TD and only 21 INTs in college completing 67% of his passes for over 11,000 yards. Pretty comparable to Marriotta across the board.

Is he related to "Mariota"?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I believe we really are trading up to get Mariota, as I said the Titans make a lot of sense. I also think the Raiders make a lot of sense. A trade to the Raiders could be #20, next years #1, Shady Mccoy and 2017 2nd rd pick. A trade to the Titans could be #20, next years #1 Nick Foles and a 2017 2nd rd pick. One way or another Chip is gonna go all out to get Mariota, i am convinced of that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure he did.

Geno's last year in college he had a 71.2 comp%, threw for 4200 yards and 42 TDs to 6 interceptions.

And he came from a college offense with simple QB reads too.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he did.

Geno's last year in college he had a 71.2 comp%, threw for 4200 yards and 42 TDs to 6 interceptions.

And he came from a college offense with simple QB reads too.
No he did not! STOP it! I put up a post about Geno Smith halfway through his Senior year when people were riding his jock and gave like 10 reasons why that guy blows. He was not even close to a Mariota.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I believe we really are trading up to get Mariota, as I said the Titans make a lot of sense. I also think the Raiders make a lot of sense. A trade to the Raiders could be #20, next years #1, Shady Mccoy and 2017 2nd rd pick. A trade to the Titans could be #20, next years #1 Nick Foles and a 2017 2nd rd pick. One way or another Chip is gonna go all out to get Mariota, i am convinced of that.

rumors gathering steam.

NFL | 'Building evidence' Eagles to target Mariota - Rotoworld.com

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I'm hearing that Chip will have 2 options:
Tampa: 2 Firsts; 2 Seconds + Foles; or
Giants: 2 Firsts + Cox, if Tampa doesn't trade, and Mariota lasts til #9.

Which would you want? If Mariota to the Giants works, then we trade Foles for a Second ++? I do not want to give up Cox though, but the picks would be less to give up.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which would you want? If Mariota to the Giants works, then we trade Foles for a Second ++? I do not want to give up Cox though, but the picks would be less to give up.

Mariota isn't lasting til 9. Other teams are going to be trying to trade up before then. If you want him you have to trade up to top 4 I think.

So in this scenario you have to trade up to Tampas pick. I would rather give up Foles over Cox anyway of the week. The 2 seconds suck though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he did not! STOP it! I put up a post about Geno Smith halfway through his Senior year when people were riding his jock and gave like 10 reasons why that guy blows. He was not even close to a Mariota.

Umm yes. As a college player they are very similar. As prospects there are plenty of differences. The comment was in reference to their college play.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Titans, Jags and Raiders are going to be our only realistic trade up partners.