• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go on the record...

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I believe we really are trading up to get Mariota, as I said the Titans make a lot of sense. I also think the Raiders make a lot of sense. A trade to the Raiders could be #20, next years #1, Shady Mccoy and 2017 2nd rd pick. A trade to the Titans could be #20, next years #1 Nick Foles and a 2017 2nd rd pick. One way or another Chip is gonna go all out to get Mariota, i am convinced of that.

Gonna take more than that to get to #2 and have the Titans miss out on L.Williams and drop all the way to #20. If that's all It took I would do that in a heartbeat, and I'm sure the Eagles would too.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been thinking Raiders for a few weeks now but the Jags are another possibility. They need a lot of work & its always possible although unlikely imo that another team will trade up to get Mariota.

If we have to get to #3 or #2. Its gonna take our #1 & #2 this year plus our #1 next year at minimum and probably another pick or say Vinny Curry.

We can always trade Foles afterwards for a 2nd rounder. At worst a 3rd. Which would help a bit this year.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way...we need to get Mariota IMO. Had enough of Foles, although he could do really well elsewhere....I dont think he can stay healthy above all else.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm yes. As a college player they are very similar. As prospects there are plenty of differences. The comment was in reference to their college play.
Your talking stupid here, they were nothing the same as college players, at all.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags have openly said that they would like to trade down. What kind of deal would it take to get to #3, besides 2 firsts and seconds? They don't need Foles of course, but I wouldn't want to trade Cox in a deal. What else do we have besides picks? Shady + picks?

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike many others I don't see shady as trade bait this offseason...

I think guys that should/could be available are..

QB Foles
QB Barkley
DE Curry
CB Boykin

Really..that's about it off the top of my head.

Foles probably is worth a 2nd or 3rd.
Barkley a 5th.
Curry a 3rd.
Boykin a 3rd.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Foles for less than a 2nd. QBs are hard to find. He's actually worth a late 1st. I doubt we could get a 5th for Barkley, as he has't shown to be a legitimate NFL QB. I like the kid, but think he's more like a Leinert type. Good college QB when surrounded by great talent.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Foles netting us a 2nd and some change. Curry a late 2nd or 3rd.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles Notes: Roseman Talks Trade-Up Philosophy - Birds 24/7

Good article to read and understand. Chip is no dummy and I know its Howie saying it but..... There zero chance they are getting Mariotta. I can't wait until May 1st so I can stop hearing this delusional crap.

I wouldn't go that far. They might miss out on Mariota, sure…but I'd call it far from zero chance of happening. Perhaps the power struggle this off-season could've had something to do with Mariota. Maybe Chip missing out on the top 6 players he was openly said he wanted last year, combined with the fact Chip loves Mariota and wants to attempt to go get him….where Roseman thinks this is a bad idea. We have to remember, this is Chip's team now. I think we could see some fireworks this off-season….for better or for worse

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie was castrated guys. He has no say in this anymore.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike many others I don't see shady as trade bait this offseason...

I think guys that should/could be available are..

QB Foles
QB Barkley
DE Curry
CB Boykin

Really..that's about it off the top of my head.

Foles probably is worth a 2nd or 3rd.
Barkley a 5th.
Curry a 3rd.
Boykin a 3rd.

Nobody is giving you a 3rd for Boykin when he can't beat out Williams to start and no way you get a 3 for Barkley when he hasn't played in two years. Seriously, why wouldn't a team rather draft a rookie?

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your talking stupid here, they were nothing the same as college players, at all.

LOL

71.2 comp%, 4200 yards, 42 TDs, 6 interceptions
68.3 comp%, 4450 yards, 42 TDs, 4 interceptions

There's reason for the Jets not to give up on the former for the latter. That's all that was being discussed.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles Notes: Roseman Talks Trade-Up Philosophy - Birds 24/7

Good article to read and understand. Chip is no dummy and I know its Howie saying it but..... There zero chance they are getting Mariotta. I can't wait until May 1st so I can stop hearing this delusional crap.

Shit dude. That makes it sound more likely. Like Howie knows Chip wants to do it and Howie not thinking it's a good idea and separating "his brand" from it.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

71.2 comp%, 4200 yards, 42 TDs, 6 interceptions
68.3 comp%, 4450 yards, 42 TDs, 4 interceptions

There's reason for the Jets not to give up on the former for the latter. That's all that was being discussed.

Not sure what your LOL about.....You putting stats up here has nothing to do with what YOU said. You said nothing about the two of them having similar stats.....you said and I qoute "As a college player they are very similar" that is wide open to interpretation.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your LOL about.....You putting stats up here has nothing to do with what YOU said. You said nothing about the two of them having similar stats.....you said and I qoute "As a college player they are very similar" that is wide open to interpretation.

I think I originally brought this up. And while I agree there is room for interpretation, you have two guys with similar physical skills, from similar offenses, who put up similar stats. It's probably a little soon to give up on Smith. He is a young player with high potential, who has shown improvement despite the poor supporting cast and turnover in the coaching staff. At #6, the Jets can probably get a player that will help their offense more than starting over with another rookie QB. Give the current guy some tools to work with and you may have more success. (or maybe not, but Mariota is no sure thing in any offense other than Chips.).

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why anyone believes what these guys say this time of year. Its all BS. Not that what he says matters. It doesnt really but theres also no reason to believe it anyway.

Non story imo.

In the end...what matters is the player(s) you get & how well your team does in general post trade. Trades & picks dont mean shit, if you pick crap.

If Mariota is a stud QB and/or we win multiple SBs. Nobody is gonna give a shit what we traded for him. Just like nobody cares what the NYG traded for Eli. Or any other similar trade that worked out.

You gotta have some balls. Go for it. Its not like we have multiple SB wins to fall back on. What the fuck. Ive been waiting 30+ years for a SB win. Take a chance. Nothing to lose.